VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK; TSX: EDR) reports positive initial drill results for the El Curso Property adjacent to Endeavour’s Guanacevi mine in Durango, Mexico. The El Curso property, leased in July 2019, covers the prolific Santa Cruz vein between Endeavour’s previously mined Porvenir Cuatro orebody and the newly developed Milache orebody. The initial drill results reported today define a Northwest extension of the high grade Porvenir Cuatro (“P4”) orebody, which remains open along strike and to depth (view longitudinal section here).
Mn oxide-calcite fault vein-bx
By Miguel A Heredia
During the forty-five week of the year (November 4th to November 10th, 2019), at least 37 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with nine communicating production and financial results, eight disclosing deals and corporate issues, six announcing financial rounds, five informing on exploration results, four reporting on resources and development of their projects, three commenting on Mexican issues, and two discussing issues on social responsibility. ON MEXICO ISSUES, according to the Director of Mines of Zacatecas, there are five new mine projects in the state to be developed in 2020. Newmont-Goldcorp restated the dialogue process with the Cedros community on its Peñasquito mines in Zacatecas. Local communities and small local merchants expressed their support for the continuity of the Peñasquito mine. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Silver Viper mobilized an exploration crew to its Virginia project to commence a drilling program at the El Rubi target area, and Oceanus reported underground and surface sampling results from its El Tigre project. In Sinaloa, Vizsla reported underground sampling from its Panuco-Copala project. In Zacatecas, Advance Gold outlined a km long by 400-500m wide chargeability anomaly at its Tabasqueña project. In Jalisco, GoGold released drill results from 4 holes collared at its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Alio Gold, Argonaut, Coeur, Endeavour, Excellon, First Majestic, Hecla, Leagold, and Pan American presented Q3 2019 production and financial results from its Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Discovery Metals closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $19M (Cordero project, Chihuahua). Goldplay closed a brokered private placement for $3M (San Marcial project, Sinaloa).Solaris Copper announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $5.5M (La Verde, Michoacan). Advance Gold closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $113K (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Orex announced that intends to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $1M (Sandra-Escobar project, Durango). San Marco revised its previously announced non-brokered private placement and now intends to rise gross proceeds for up to CAD $376.6K. It also closed subscription books for unit and flow through shares private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $40K (Chunibas project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Capstone announced high grade Cu-Ag results from 103 infill and step-out drill holes at its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Vizsla closed its option agreement to acquire 100% interest of Panuco-Copala project in Sinaloa. Torex extended mineralization 150m below current reserves at its El Limon Deep deposit in Guerrero. Mexus announced that its Merrill Crowe Au recover plant is complete and operational at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora. Mag Silver informed about the activities carried out at its Juanicipio project mine development in Zacatecas during Q3, 2019. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Colibri received TSX approval for its acquisition of Yaque Minerals (Mezquite and Jackie projects, Sonora). Vizsla closed its option agreement to acquire 100% interest in Panuco-Copala property in Sinaloa. Great Panther announced the appointment of its VP Exploration and VP People & Culture (Topia mine, Durango). Solaris Copper announced management changes of its team (La Verde project, Michoacan). Starcore presented results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Martin mine, Queretaro). Mako Mining provided a corporate update and status of its Mexican operation. Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán, a subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines revealed that it is analyzing to invest in a new plant in Mexico (San Jose mine, Oaxaca). Minera Autlán announced its intention to raise its commitment to gold (Lluvia de Oro-La Jojoba, Sonora). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Agnico Eagle participated in the reconstruction of the drinking water system at Yepachi, Chihuahua, with a total investment of MXP $4M. Argonaut participated in multiple social programs related to their Mexican operations.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Secretariat of Economy in Zacatecas, through its Director of Mines, revealed that new five mines will be developed in the state in 2020, standing out Juanicipio in Fresnillo, Camino Rojo in Mazapil , and San Nicolas in Villa Garcia municipalities. Zacatecas is one of the most prolific areas for mining in the country; however, he is aware of the social problems faced by some of the mining companies which operate in the state. He informed that the local government seeks to generate the conditions for mining companies to invest safely in new projects.
- Newmont-Goldcorp Corporation, restated the dialogue process with the community of Cedros, municipality of Mazapil on Peñasquito mine. A new agreement was signed for the community delegates, with a strong commitment of both parties, by the community not to block again the mine and from the company to attend on time the concerns and proposal from the Ejido.
- Local communities and small local merchants, expressed their support for the continuity of Peñasquito mine. The communities of Cedros, El Rosario, La Pardita, Sábana Grande, Tanquecillos, Tecolotes, Mazapil and El Trigo said they are in favor of the Peñasquito Mine, stating that it has provided benefits to their families. At a press conference, representatives of the aforementioned communities reported that thanks to the company they have work, so they asked the state government to support them and that, through the dialogue avoids a new block. They affirmed that they are against the blockades and the definitive closure of the mine, since this one supports around 25 communities. They said the mining company has provided a source of work to the people of the communities and do not want it to disappear.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., mobilized an exploration crew to its Virginia project in Sonora to commence a phase II drilling program at El Rubi target area, where previous drilling carried out in 2018 intersected 3.18 g/t Au and 228 g/t Ag (6.42 g/t AuEq) over 6m of true width. Phase II will test the extension of this structure along trend and at depth on 50m sections with the aim of generating enough information for maiden resource estimation at El Rubi.
- Oceanus Resources Corporation, presented underground and surface sampling results from the Caleigh, Canon Combination and Protectora Veins at its El Tigre project in Sonora. In the Caleigh Vein, underground channel sample ETU-1007 returned 1,896 g/t Ag and 6.4 g/t Au (2,376 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m, and ETU-1006 returned 1,971 g/t Ag and 4.64 g/t Au (2,318 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. In the Canon Combination Vein, underground channel sample ETU-1012 returned 1,794 g/t Ag and 0.25 g/t Au (1,813 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. In the Protectora Vein, underground channel sample returned 378 g/t Ag and 2.01 g/t Au (529 g/t AgEq) over a true width of 0.50m. Surface samples collected on this vein reported 374 g/t Ag and 3.32 g/t Au over 0.7m wide; 192 g/t Ag and 0.57 g/t Au (235 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m wide; and 169 g/t Ag and 1.0 g/t Au (244 g/t AgEq) over 0.50m wide. “The results from the mapping and sampling of the underground workings and at surface present a series of high priority drill targets over a 2 kilometer strike length north of the old El Tigre Mine, which we intend to drill.”
- Vizsla Resources Corp., reported encouraging underground sampling results from its Panuco-Copala project in Sinaloa. Highlights results from the underground sampling at the San Carlos mine are 5.65 g/t Au and 612 g/t Ag (1,120 g/t AgEq) over 6m on development level 4, including 10.5 g/t Au and 1,120 g/t Ag (1,960 g/t AgEq) over 3m; 2.55 g/t Au and 517 g/t Ag (721 g/t AgEq) over 4.5m on development level 5, including 3.51 g/t Au and 721 g/t Ag (1.002 g/t AgEq) over 3m; and 2.12 g/t Au and 298 g/t Ag (468 g/t AgEq) over 5.5m on development level 4, including 3.76 g/t Au and 591 g/t Ag (892 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m. These results are part of a mapping and sampling program to better understand mineralization at Panuco project.
- Advance Gold Corp., completed a second phase of a 3D-IP survey and has outlined a N-S trending chargeability anomaly of 1km long by 400-500m wide on its Tabasquena project in Zacatecas. It remains open in both directions as well as at depth. A number of boreholes are now planned to intersect this anomaly.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released drill results from 4 new holes collared at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Three of the 4 holes were drilled at El Troce area and significant intersections were encountered in hole LRGG-19-059 with 0.94 g/t Au and 134 g/t Ag (2.72 g/t AuEq) over 11m, including 1.95 g/t Au and 277 g/t Ag (5.65 g/t AuEq) over 3.5m; and hole LRGG-19-60 with 0.32 g/t Au and 66 g/t Ag (1.19 g/t AuEq) over 16m, including 83 g/t Au and 162 g/t Ag (2.98 g/t AuEq) over 3m. Hole LRGG-19-57 was drilled at the Main area and intersected 0.91 g/t Au and 131 g/t Ag (2.65 g/t AuEq) over 14.1m, including 2.14 g/t Au and 253 g/t Ag (5.50 g/t AuEq) over 5.3m. GoGold completed in Mid-October 2019, a phase 1 drilling program which consisted of 10,000m, and has already started a second phase of drilling, adding a third rig machine to the program.
- Alio Gold Inc., continued with processing of low grade stock pile at its san Francisco mine in Sonora, resulting in the placement of 12.8K Oz Au on the pad. The company announced that the low grade stock pile will be exhausted in Q4, 2019, after which crushing will cease, and operations will solely focus on recovery of the residual inventory ounces.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., presented Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Mexican operations. The company produced 44.7K Oz AuEq at a cash cost of USD $901 per Oz Au produced and sold 45.6K Oz Au at an AISC of USD $1,134 per Oz Au sold. It also reported revenue for USD $66.8, cash flow from operating activities before changes in operating working capital of USD $17.2M, net income of USD $4.9M, adjusted net income of USD $6.5M, and a net cash increase of USD $11.7M. Argonaut also reported mine by mine production results for the period Q3, 2019. At El Castillo Complex in Durango, it milled 4.8M tonnes of 0.35 g/t Au to produced 30.3K Oz AuEq. At El Castillo, 2.4M tonnes of 0.39 g/t Au were milled to produce 14.3K Oz Au and 23.3K Oz Ag. This mine sold 14.6K Oz Au and 16.3K Oz Ag in this quarterly period, at a cash cost of $1,038 per Oz Au sold. At San Agustin, 2.4M tonnes were milled with a grade of 0.32 g/t Au to produce 15.2K Oz Au and 36.9K Oz Ag. This mine sold 15.7K Oz Au and 15K Oz Ag in this quarterly period, at a cash cost of $848 per Oz Au sold. At La Colorada, Sonora, the company milled 1.45M tonnes of 0.6 g/t Au, to produced 14K Oz Au and 33.6K Oz Ag. La Colorada sold 13.8K Oz Au and 34K Oz Ag at a cash cost of $800 per Oz Au sold.
- Coeur Mining Inc., announced Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Palmarejo mine in Chihuahua. It milled 442,464 tons of 2.8 g/t Au and 152 g/t Ag to, with a metallurgical recoveries of 81.7% and 79.6% respectively, to produce 31.8K Oz Au and 1.72M Oz Ag. Adjusted costs applicable to sales were USD $660 per Oz Au and USD $8.95 per Oz Ag. Coeur reported cash flow from operating activities of USD $36.3M and total capital expenditures of USD $7.8M for a total free cash flow of USD $28.5M.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported consolidated Q3, 2019 financial and production results from its four Mexican operations: Guanacevi mine in Durango, Bolañitos and El Cubo in Guanajuato, and El Compas in Zacatecas. The company processed 234, 196 tonnes to produce 948.5K Oz Ag and 9.7K Oz Au (1.72M Oz AgEq), at a cash cost of $11.51 per Oz Ag produced and AISC of $21.53.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its Platosa mine in Durango. The company mined 18,167 tonnes and processed 17,235 tonnes with grades of 512 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, and 6% Zn, to produce 257.5K Oz Ag, 1.3M Lb Pb, and 1.65M Lb Zn (427.1K Oz AgEq), at a cash cost per Oz Ag payable of $18.18 and AISC net of by-products per Oz Ag payable of $28.46. Metallurgical recoveries were 87.2%, 77.7%, and 76.5% for Ag, Pb, and Zn respectively. Excellon reported revenues for $5.9M, a net loss of $2.9M, and a net working capital of $$9.0M.
- First Majestic Silver Corp., presented Q3 production results from its Mexican operations. The company reported revenues for $97M, a net loss of $8.6M, operating cash flow before movements in working capital and taxes of $34.6M, cash and cash equivalent of $118.6M, and a working capital of $149.2M. The below table shows the mine by mine production results:
- Hecla Mining Company, announced Q3 production and financial results from its San Sebastian mine in Durango. It produced 541.6K Oz Ag and 3.7K Oz Au at an AISC of $$7.21 per Oz Ag.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, produced from its Los Filos mine in Guerrero, 40,922 Oz Au at an AISC of $1,001 per Oz Au produced, and sold 41,343 Oz Au during Q3, 2019, with associated revenue of $58.6M.
- Pan America Silver Corp., reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from its la Colorada, Zacatecas and Dolores, Chihuahua mines. At La Colorada, the company produced 2.1M Oz Ag and 1,200 Oz Au, at a cash cost of $2.82 per Oz Ag and an AISC of $4.03 per Oz Ag. At Dolores, it produced 1.5M Oz Ag and 33.1K Oz Au, at an AISC of $7.45 per Oz.
- Discovery Metals Corp., closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $19M, including $5M investment from Eric Sprott, which represents 19.9% of the interest of Discovery on a non-diluted basis. Proceeds will be used to continue the exploration programs at its exploration properties (Cordero project, Chihuahua, Puerto Rico project, Coahuila).
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., closed a brokered private placement financing of $3M. Gross proceeds will be used to continue resource expansion drilling including underground and surface exploration on its san Marcial project in Sinaloa.
- Solaris Copper Inc., announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to CAD $5.5M. Gross proceeds will be used to advance permitting, exploration, and drilling activities at their projects. (La Verde project, Michoacan).
- Advance Gold Corp., closed the first tranche of a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $113K. The company will use the gross proceeds to advance its Tabasqueña project in Zacatecas.
- Orex Minerals Inc., announced its intention to undertake a non-brokered private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to $1M. Orex will use the net proceeds to maintain its 40% share of the Sandra Escobar project in Durango and fund its 40% share of the upcoming work program, and to make the necessary payments under its option to acquire 100% of the San Luis del Cordero project, Durango, and for general corporate and capital purposes.
- San Marco Resources Inc., revised its previously announced non-brokered private placement and now intends to rise gross proceeds for up to CAD $376.6K. It also closed subscription books for unit and flow through shares private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $40K (Chunibas project, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Capstone Mining Corp., announced high grade Cu-Ag results from 103 infill and step-out drill holes from 200 hole program at its Cozamin mine in Zacatecas. Aim of this program is more than double the current reserve base. Significant drill intersection were encountered in hole CG-19-U498 with 5.02% Cu, 0.4% Zn, and 72 g/t Ag over a true width of 12.3m, including 9.02% Cu, 0.7% Zn, and 127 g/t Ag; in hole CG-18-S381 with 7.27% Cu, 0.3% Zn, and 220 g/t Ag over a true width of 5.1m; in hole CG-18-S372 with 5.53% Cu, 0.2% Zn, and 117 g/t Ag over a true width of 20.1m, including 11.32% Cu, 0.3% Zn, and 242 g/t Ag over a true width of 6.4m.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported drilling results from its 2019 exploration program at its El Limon-Guajes complex deposit in Guerrero. The drilling program has been successful in extending mineralization 150m below current reserves at its El Limon Deep deposit. Significant mineralization was encountered in hole LDUG-039 with 15.6 g/t Au over 38m; in hole LDUG-049 with 20.9 g/t Au over 12m, and in hole LDUG-056 with 15.7 g/t Au over 16.8m. El Limon Deep deposit remains open down dip and along strike.
- Mexus Gold US, announced that its Merrill Crowe Au recovery plant at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is complete and operational. “The plant is capable of handling Mexus’3000 ton a week mining operation and will allow for future expansion as well”.
- Mag Silver Corp., informed about the activities carried out at its Juanicipio project mine development in Zacatecas during Q3, 2019. The company reported that “earthmoving and foundation preparation commenced for the construction of the 4,000 tpd beneficiation plant. Mill fabrication is progressing on schedule, and both the SAG and ball mills are expected to be shipped to site early 2020. Flotation cells, processing tanks and minor process equipment pieces are starting to arrive on site. Thickener tanks and drive and rakes fabrication are well advanced. Underground development has now reached 23Km of development and continues. According to the operator, Fresnillo plc, permitting for the tailings impoundments should be completed in the fourth quarter of this year and mill construction is on track for commissioning by late 2020”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Colibri Resources Corporation, received TSX approval for its acquisition of Yaque Minerals by a CAD$ 1M payment by way of a 5-years convertible debenture bearing 2.5% annual interest and carries a $0.20 per share conversion privilege. The Yaque´s acquisition includes two projects in Sonora: El Mezquite and Jackie, located less than 10Km east of the Nicho deposit owned by Minera Alamos, which is expected to start production in 2020, with initial production of 25K-30K Oz Au per year, with a mine life of more than 6 years. El Mezquite is a 2km by 1km N-S trending hydrothermal alteration zone on silicified feldspar porphyry, with a potential Au target area of at least 600m by 300m. A 3D-IP survey was carried out on this anomalous area which resulted in the identification of chargeability and resistivity anomalies underlying the surface area of potential. 321 grab samples have been collected of which 13% returned Au values oscillating from 0.1 to 3.41 g/t Au. Jackie is located 2km south of the El Mezquite but it has seen very little exploration work to date. Some prospecting work is planned for 2020.
- Vizsla Resources Corp., closed its previously announced option agreement on November 5, to acquire 100% interest in Panuco-Copala property in Sinaloa. Vizsla confirmed that it has previously loaned USD $700K to Canam in order to satisfy the initial payment due under the terms of the options.
- Great Panther Mines Limited, announced the appointment of its VP Exploration and VP People & Culture (Topia mine, Durango).
- Solaris Copper Inc., announced management changes of its team, appointed its CEO, CFO, VP Corporate Affairs and Corporate Secretary, and a new member to its Board of Directors (La Verde project, Michoacan).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., reported results from its annual general meeting of shareholders (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Mako Mining Corp., provided a corporate update and status of its Mexican operation. At its la Trinidad mine in Sinaloa, Au production is nearing conclusion, with Au sales being used to fund ongoing reclamation and severance costs. Mining and process plant equipment has been moved to USA and the lab equipment will be moved to Nicaragua soon. Mako has reported that has not been successful in receiving any insurance for damages caused by Hurricane Willa at its Trinidad mine in October, 2018. It has filed a lawsuit for over USD $7M against the Insurance Company. Mako also announced that it has reached an agreement with the primary mining contractor on the debt of approximately USD $11.3M. “Despite being ring-fenced from the rest of Mako’s corporate structure, the Company chose to settle with the contractor by making a USD $4M upfront payment and agreeing to make two additional USD $1M payments 12 months and 24 months from signing of the settlement agreement. As this liability was being accounted for at approximately USD$11.3M, a substantial accounting gain is expected in the next quarterly report.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán , a subsidiary of Fortuna Silver Mines, analyzes to invest in a new mining plant located 40km from its San Jose mine, Oaxaca. The company asked government support to mediate between the company and the communities, since the new plant will require between USD $200-300M. The decision has to be taken next year, so they need the support of the authorities to reach a social agreement with the communities.
- Compañía Minera Autlán, A.B .de C.V., announced its intention to raise its commitment to gold. The intention of that business and the integration towards gold was always to reach 20 to 25% of the top line and about 30 to 35% of the operating cash flow (EBITDA). In addition, the company estimates they will close this year with and investment of USD $35M to support other areas of its business, to add USD $45 M in an integrated way (Lluvia de Oro-La Jojoba, Sonora).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, participated, along with the municipal presidency of Yepachi, Chihuahua, in the reconstruction of the drinking water system for this community. Yepachi is the second largest community in this area and has years of lag in terms of the supply and quality of drinking water. A total of MXP $4M will be invested, an amount that will be contributed by 50% by the municipal presidency and the other part will be borne by Agnico Eagle, which operates within the territory of the Yepachi Ejido.
- Argonaut Gold Inc., has participated in several programs with the communities where the company operates. At La Colorada, Sonora, Argonaut signed a health collaborative agreement with the Centro de Rehabilitación Integral Teletón and hosted a cultural event with the Cultural Institute of Sonora. In Durango, participated in collaboration with the local government in an interactive learning pavilion where local attendees and families could know about the company´s mining activities and projects. It also sponsored an international forum on geological and mining heritage organized by the Universidad Autónoma de Baja California Sur, to discuss possible historical tourism and ecotourism in mining communities. Finally, Argonaut hosted students’ interactive workshops in the municipality of Dolores, Hidalgo in the village of san Anton in Guanajuato, Mexico, and hosted a soprano singer and the Latin American quartet at the Mining Cultural Centre of the Mexican chamber of commerce in Mexico City.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a Mn oxides-calcite fault vein-bx structure from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
HALIFAX, Nov. 6, 2019 /CNW/ – GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (OTCQX: GLGDF) (“GoGold”, “the Company”) is pleased to release the assay results from 4 new diamond drill holes including three more step out holes testing the El Troce area, and one from the Main area. Holes LRGG-19-058, 059, and 060 were completed at the El Troce area located 500 metres northwest of the Los Ricos Main mine area.
Vancouver, British Columbia – Capstone Mining Corp. (“Capstone”) (TSX: CS) announces high grade copper and silver results from 103 infill and step-out drill holes at its Cozamin Mine, as well as an expansion to the exploration program into 2020. The results represent half of the 200 hole program, which aims to more than double the current reserve base. Results to date support the Company’s recently disclosed increase to Cozamin’s annual production guidance to 50 to 55 million pounds of copper and 1.4 to 1.5 million ounces of silver starting in early 2021. Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves estimates will be updated in late 2020.
TORONTO, Ontario, November 5, 2019 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX: TXG) announces results from the 2019 drill program at the El Limón Deep (ELD) deposit, at the Company’s El Limón Guajes complex in Mexico. The 2019 program has been successful in extending mineralization 150 metres down-dip from current reserves as well as along strike to the south. Highlights from the latest round of drill results include 15.6 g/t Au over 38.0 metres in LDUG-039, 28.5 g/t Au over 5.8 metres in drill-hole LDUG-049, 20.9 g/t Au over 12.0 metres in LDUG-056, and 15.7 g/t Au over 16.8 metres in LDUG-036. Mineralization at ELD remains open in multiple directions.
VANCOUVER, Oct. 30, 2019 /CNW/ – Pan American Silver Corp. (NASDAQ: PAAS) (TSX: PAAS) today announced results from 14,300 metres of drilling completed during the third quarter of 2019 on the La Colorada skarn discovery in Mexico. Preliminary metallurgical testing of samples indicates high recoveries across all metals can be expected.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the forty-three week of the year (October 21st to October 27th, 2019), at least 42 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with eleven disclosing deals and corporate issues, ten announcing financial rounds, seven commenting on Mexican issues, six informing on exploration results, three communicating production results, three reporting on resources and developments of their projects, and one discussing issues on social responsibility. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Napoleón Gómez Urrutia, a mining union leader and senator for the Morena party proposed to increase the taxes to mining concessions to levels of 20-30%. Fernando Alanís, president of the Cámara Minera de México (CAMIMEX), reported that 244 Canadian companies stopped investing in Mexico. At the AIMMGM Mining convention in Acapulco, the CONAGO (Conferencia Nacional de Gobernadores) and the federal government were at disagreement on the use of the Mining Fund. Camimex expects the “Mesa de Minería” (Mining Forum) is installed before year’s end. Newmont-Goldcorp re-started up production at its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California Norte, One World Lithium announced the continuation and progress of the phase 3 drilling program at its Salar del Diablo project. In Sonora, Aloro mobilized crews to sample high grade Au veins on the northwest side of its Los Venados project, and Agnico Eagle provided an exploration update of its Santa Gertrudis project. In Chihuahua, Radius Gold and Pan American Silver commenced the phase 3 drilling program at its Amalia project. In Zacatecas, Galore reported the completion of 1,667.20m of core drilling at its Dos Santos project. In Jalisco, GoGold reported drill results from six new holes from its Los Ricos project. ON MINING, Agnico Eagle, Fresnillo, and Excellon reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Galore closed a first tranche of a private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $187K and implemented a shares for services agreement on its drill contract (Dos Santos project, Zacatecas). One World Lithium reported that its previously announced non-brokered private placement (Sept 05, 2019), will be replaced by a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of $1M (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte). VVC closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $2M (Kaity project in Samalayuca, Chihuahua). Silver Viper closed a private placement financing to raise gross proceeds for $4M (La Virginia project, Sonora). Orla entered into a commitment letter for up to USD $125M project finance facility (Camino Rojo project, Zacatecas). Vista Gold received the third option payment from Prime Mining for the Guadalupe de Los Reyes property in Sinaloa. Newmont-Goldcorp declared a quarterly dividend of $0.14 per share of common stock (Peñasquito mine, Zacatecas). Gold Resource increased 100% its instituted annual dividend from $0.02 to $0.04 per common share (Arista mine, Oaxaca). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Golden Minerals outlined progress at its Velardeña and Rodeo properties in Durango. Minera Peñoles informed that is to start operations at its Capela mine in Guerrero. Endeavour reported infill drill results from its Parral project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alien Metals appointed Novum Securities Ltd as its joint corporate broker with immediate effect (San Celso project, Zacatecas). Defiance Silver appointed a couple of OreQuest consultants as technical advisors to work on its San Acacio project in Zacatecas. Impact granted stock options to directors, officers, and employees (Zacualpan mining district, State of Mexico). Oroco announced special general meeting of its shareholders to be held on December 19, 2019 (Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa). Vangold announced changes on its board of Directors and appointed its corporate secretary (El Pinguino mine, Guanajuato). Tamino Minerals was invited to list on the Mexican Stock Exchange (El Volcan project, Sonora). Torex responded a recent letter to its shareholders and stakeholders (Limon-Guajes, Guerrero). Sonoro advanced discussions with China-based companies to develop and finance its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Magellan entered into an option agreement with Golden Minerals to acquire 100% interest in Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Santacruz Silver appointed a new director to its Board (Veta Grande, Zacatecas). Ternium received from PROFEPA, the certification as a clean industry (Tecomán plant in Colima). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, In Aconchi, Sonora, the Orquesta La Caridad from Grupo Mexico offered a concert to 250 attendees by 110 children and young people, the first on its Rio Sonora tour. Doctor Vagón, the Health Train of Fundación Grupo México, arrived in San Pedro, Coahuila from October 23 to 26 to give medical attention to the residents of the municipality.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Napoleón Gómez Urrutia, a mining union lider and senator by Morena proposed to increase the taxes to mining concessions to levels of 20 to 30%, sustaining that countries like Peru, Bolivia or Chile are at those levels. That declaration was done while he was defending the federal government intention to use the Mining Fund to other means that what it was imposed for: helping develop mining communities. The leader of the Morena senators is to present an integral initiative for the mining sector. Why don’t we raise the taxes to mining, to the rights on mineral exploitation, to the mining concessions taxes?, asked Gómez Urrutia. Ricardo Monreal, a presidential hopeful considered the proposal to be correct, and asked for its formalization.
- Fernando Alanís, Camimex (Cámara Minera de México) president said that 244 Canadian companies stopped investing in Mexico. Camimex is fighting for the 100% deductibility of exploration expenses, as it is a strong deterrent on exploration investment, where the most risk of the industry is concentrated.
- At the AIMMGM Mining convention in Acapulco, the CONAGO (Conferencia Nacional de Gobernadores) and the federal government were at disagreement on the use of the Mining Fund. While the governors fight for the said funds to remain on the states and municipalities, the federal government proposed that 85% of the resources are directed to the Secretaria de Educación Pública (SEP), by reforming the Ley Federal de Derechos (Federal Law on Duties) starting on 2020. The federal proposal allows full discretionally use of the where the funds are used, even in areas where no mining is conducted. In 2018 alone, $3,840 M pesos (about US$202 M) were accrued on the Mining Fund.
- Camimex expects the “Mesa de Minería” (Mining Forum) is installed before year’s end, and can start to work with the federal government, so the mining sector is heard and doubts and misunderstandings can be cleared. Subjects to address include the social, the environment, regulation of the investment compromise, and the fiscal issues. Camimex stressed the mining in Mexico pays about 46 percent in taxes.
- Newmont-Goldcorp, re-started up production at its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas, following the lifting of the illegal blockade on October 8, 2019. “With the support of the State and Federal governments, including an ongoing police presence, the Company has commenced an approximately 10-dayprocess of bringing back the operation to full production”.
- One World Lithium Inc., announced the continuation of the phase 3 drilling program at its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California Norte. Four boreholes are planned for a total of 2,400 meters (about 8,000 feet) of exploration drilling. The company reported that the first borehole reached a depth of 220m. Target depths of up to 600 meters are expected to be achieved.
- Aloro Mining Corp., is to sample high-grade gold veins on the northwest of the Los Venados property in Sonora. In this area lies a 3.5 km vein system up to 400 m in width that has been partially mapped. Results from early sampling have results of up to 32 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, provided an update of the exploration program carried out at its Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora. Drilling at Santa Gertrudis has extended the Amelia deposit in the Trinidad zone to 800m strike length, with highlight intercepts of 6.4 g/t Au over 7m and 9.6 g/t Au over 6m.
- Radius Gold Inc., and Pan American Silver Corp., commenced the phase 3 drilling program at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Pan American is now operating the project and expects to drill a minimum 2,500m of core drilling.
- Galore Resources Inc., reported the completion of 1.667.20m of core drilling at its Dos Santos project in Zacatecas. Drilling results are still pending to be released.
- GoGold Resources Inc., reported results from six new diamond drill holes including four from the San Juan zone, the first step out hole testing the El Troce area, and one from the Main area at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. At San Juan, hole LRGG-19-050 intersected 0.39 g/t Au and 76 g/t Ag (1.41 g/t AuEq) over 45.3m, including 1.01 g/t Au and 242 g/t Ag (4.23 g/t AuEq) over 6.2m,and hole LRGG-19-051 intersected 0.4 g/t Au and 86 g/t Ag (1.55 g/t AuEq) over 24m. At El Troce, hole LRGG-19-053 intersected 1.53 g/t Au and 164 g/t Ag (3.72 g/t AuEq) over 10.1m, including 5.22 g/t Au and 489 g/t Ag (11.75 g/t AuEq) over 2.8m. At the Main area, hole LRGG-19-055 intersected 0.58 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag (1.59 g/t AuEq) over 14.4m.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited, reported Q3, 2019 production and financial results from their Mexican operations. At Pinos Altos mine, Chihuahua, it processed 519K tonnes of 2.22 g/t Au to produce 34.8K Oz Au at a total cash cost of USD $745 per Oz Au produced. At Creston Mascota mine in Chihuahua, the company processed 284K tonnes of 0.78 g/t Au to produce 9,596 Oz Au at a total cash cost of USD $668 per Oz Au produced. At La India mine, Sonora, Agnico processed 1.1M tonnes of 0.77 g/t Au to produce 18.4K Oz Au at a total cash cost of USD $872 per Oz Au produced.
- Fresnillo plc, presented Q3 2019 production results from their Mexican operations. Consolidated production results for the Q3, 2019 reached 13.3M Oz Ag (including Silverstream for 659K Oz Ag), 209.7K Oz Au, 34.9M Lb Pb, and 56.8M Lb Zn. At Fresnillo mine, Zacatecas, the company processed 648,646 tonnes of 183 g/t Ag, 0.99 g/t Au, 1.24% Pb, and 2.14% Zn, to produce 3.4M Oz Ag, 15.6K Oz Au, 15.8M Lb Pb, and 22.9M Lb Zn. At Saucito mine, Zacatecas, it processed 703K tonnes of 207 g/t Ag, 1.22 g/t Au, 0.84% Pb, and 1.38% Zn, to produce 4M Oz Ag, 21K Oz Au, 11M Lb Pb, and 14.9M Lb Zn. At Pyrites Plant, Fresnillo processed 38,572 tonnes of 314 g/t Ag and 2.44 g/t Au, to produce 285K Oz Ag and 954 Oz Au. At Cienega mine, Durango, it processed 335,493 tonnes of 1.78 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag, 0.81% Pb, and 1.35% Zn, to produce 17.8K Oz Au, 1.4M Oz Ag, 4.1M Lb Pb, and 6.2M Lb Zn. At San Julian mine in Chihuahua-Durango border, the company processed 321,798 tonnes of 1.39 g/t Au and 108 g/t Ag, to produce 13,711 Oz Au and 1M Oz Ag from veins, and 559,693 tonnes of 0.07 g/t Au, 130 g/t Ag, 0.41% Pb, and 1.35% Zn, to produce 523 Oz Au, 2M Oz Ag, 4M Lb Pb, and 12.8M LB Zn from the disseminated ore body. At the Herradura mine, Sonora, Fresnillo processed 5,591,746 tonnes of 0.71 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag, to produce 102,439 Oz Au and 412K Oz Ag. At the Noche Buena mine, Sonora, it processed 3,215,167 tonnes for a total volume hauled of 11,447,273 tonnes with grades of 0.58 g/t Au and 0.25 g/t Ag to produce 37,570 Oz Au and 14K Oz Ag.
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced Q3, 2019 production results from its Platosas mine, Durango. Excellon milled and processed 17,235 tonnes of 512 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, and 6% Zn to produce 257.5K Oz Ag, 1.3M Lb Pb, and 1.65M Lb Zn, with metallurgical recoveries of 87.2%, 77.7%, and 76.5% respectively.
- Galore Resources Inc., closed a first tranche of a private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $187K.The company also implemented a cash + shares for services agreement with COMEFIN S DE RL DE CV, to conduct the diamond core drilling programs at Galore’s 100% owned El Alamo and Los Gemelos projects (Dos Santo project, Zacatecas).
- One World Lithium Inc., reported that its previously announced non-brokered private placement (Sept 05, 2019), will be replaced by a non-brokered private placement of unsecured convertible notes for gross proceeds of $1M (Salar del Diablo project, Baja California Norte).
- VVC Exploration Corporation, closed a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of CAD $2M. The proceeds of the Financing will be used for exploration and development on the Kaity Property in Mexico, including diamond drilling, land use permits and associated costs, metallurgical bench testing of the copper mineralization, and investigation, evaluation and implementation of the Gloria Pilot Mining Project (Kaity project in Samalayuca, Chihuahua).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., closed a private placement financing to raise gross proceeds for $4M. Net proceeds will be used to continue exploration and development of its La Virginia Au-Ag in Sonora and for general corporate and working capital purposes.
- Orla Mining Ltd., entered into a commitment letter with Trinity Capital Partners Corporation, with respect to a secured project finance facility of USD $125M for the development of its Camino Rojo project in Zacatecas.
- Vista GoldCorp., received the third $1.5M option payment from Prime Mining Corporation for the Guadalupe de Los Reyes project in Sinaloa.
- Newmont-Goldcorp, declared a quarterly dividend of $0.14 per share of common stock, payable on December 27, 2019 to holders of record at the close of business on December 5, 2019.
- Gold Resource Corporation, announced it has increased 100% its instituted annual dividend from $0.02 to $0.04 per common share. This increases the monthly dividend to one-third of a cent per common share for October 2019 payable on November 25, 2019 to shareholders of record as of November 12, 2019 (Arista mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Golden Minerals Co. informed it is working on a new PEA on its Velardeña properties in Durango, to reflect better metal prices and new metallurgical processes. At Rodeo, also in Durango, Golden plans to initiate a small drilling program to provide better definition on its 46 K Oz Au resource. At Yoquivo, in Chihuahua, Golden has the permits to initiate a drill program to test several epithermal veins early in 2020.
- Minera Peñoles informed that is to start operations at its Capela mine in Guerrero. The Capela mine is a US$340 M investment that is to generate 1,000 direct jobs and at least 1,400 indirect ones. Mining generates more than 10 thousand direct jobs and 50 thousand indirect jobs, making it the second most relevant economic activity in the state.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported infill drill results from 10 underground holes collared on the Veta Colorada vein at its Parral project in Chihuahua. Every hole intersected strong Ag mineralization below the lowest mine level. Recent drilling highlights include 308 g/t Ag over 11.6 m true width n hole VCU-16. “Several drill holes intersected two mineralized zones, the Veta Colorada and the HW Veta Colorada in the hanging wall, with a total true width of mineralization up to 16.5 m in hole VCU-17, with 226 g/t Ag over 7.6m true width, including 593 g/t Ag over 0.5m true width, and 254 g/t Ag over 8.9m true width, including 1,355 g/t Ag over 0.5m true width”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alien Metals Ltd., appointed Novum Securities Ltd as its joint corporate broker with immediate effect (San Celso project, Zacatecas).
- Defiance Silver Corp., appointed a couple of OreQuest consultants as technical advisors to execute the ongoing exploration program at its san Acacio project in Zacatecas.
- Impact Silver Corp., granted stock options to directors, officers, and employees for the purchase of 2M shares in its capital at the above market price of $0.36 per share (Zacualpan mining district, State of Mexico).
- Oroco Resources Corp., announced that its special general meeting for shareholders will be held on December 19, 2019 to consider and vote on a resolution to approve the Company’s option to acquire Altamura Copper Corp.(Santo Tomas project, Sinaloa).
- Vangold Mining Gold, informed about changes on its Board of Directors and expanded the role in the company of its CFO to become in its corporate secretary (El Pinguico mine, Guanajuato).
- Tamino Minerals, has been invited to list on the Mexican Stock Exchange. If Tamino can achieve the listing, it may have a solution to combat its shortage of investment capital and advance their exploration projects (El Volcan, Sonora).
- Torex Gold Resources Inc, responded a recent letter to its shareholders and stakeholders to confirm its long-term strategy to develop a sustainable, multi-asset, mining business by executing operationally to generate strong free cash flow from its Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero, de-risking and bringing Media Luna project, Guerrero into production, and delivering the full potential of its innovative Muckahi Mining System to the benefit of all Torex shareholders.
- Sonoro Metals Corp., continued advancing its discussions with China-based engineering, procurement and construction companies regarding plans to develop and finance a proposed heap leach pilot operation for its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora.
- Magellan Gold Corp., entered into an option agreement with Golden Minerals Company to acquire 100% interest in the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua by making a cash payment of USD $1M to Golden at closing, and pay Golden a 6.5% NSR based royalty from all production until a total of USD $3M has been paid under the royalty agreement, the royalty is then reduced to a 3.0% NSR based royalty for the balance of the property life.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., appointed a new director to its Board (Veta Grande, Zacatecas).
- Ternium, received from PROFEPA, a certification as a clean industry for the 6th consecutive year, established by the Mexican Standard, NMX-AA-162-SCFI 2012, Regulation of the General Law of Ecological Balance and the Protection of the Environment in matters of Self-Regulation and Environmental Audits. The certification was granted to the Alzada pelletizing plant and Tecomán station, both located in Colima.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- In Aconchi, Sonora, the Orquesta La Caridad from Grupo Mexico offered a concert to 250 attendees by 110 children and young people from Nacozari, the first on its Rio Sonora tour.
- Doctor Vagón, the Health Train of Fundación Grupo México, arrived in San Pedro, Coahuila from October 23 to 26 to give medical attention to the residents of the municipality. The Health Train will offer general consultations, dermatology, pediatrics, dentistry, chiropractic and physical rehabilitation, Comprehensive service for women (mastography, colposcopy), comprehensive diabetic patient clinic, comprehensive service for women, nutrition, psychology, optometry, family planning, geriatrics, audiometry, laboratory tests and cabinet studies, all for free.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, barite crystals in a rhyolite tuff from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.
ALORO MINING CORP. – (“Aloro” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it recently mobilized crews to sample high grade gold veins on the northwest side of the Company’s Los Venados Project. This area was previously not accessible for exploration until the Company recently obtained a surface access agreement with El Duraznito Ranch for private surface lands that were not covered under the Company’s Mulatos Ejido Agreement. Sampling with concurrent geological evaluation has been initiated with recent receipt of 28 surface sample assays. The maximum rock sample result reported was 32 grams Au/t over 0.6 meter width where prior nearby samples also reported high values.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK; TSX: EDR) reports positive infill drill results from its ongoing 2019 exploration program of the Veta Colorada vein on the Parral project in Chihuahua, Mexico.
Halifax, NS – GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (“GoGold”, “the Company”) is pleased to release the assay results from 6 new diamond drill holes including four from the San Juan zone, the first step out hole testing the El Troce area, and one from the Main area. Holes LRGG-19-050, 051, 052 and 054 were completed on the San Juan ore shoot located 400 metres to the northwest of the Los Ricos Main mine area. Hole LRGG-19-053 was the first step out hole drilled at the El Troce zone located 500 metres northwest of the Los Ricos Main mine area.