Bladed quartz texture
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 39th week of the year (September 24th to September 30th, 2018), at least 19 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven informing on exploration results, five announcing financing issues, four communicating deals and corporate issues, two reporting mining activities and one reporting on resources and developments. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Mexus Gold announced a drill program at the Julio Shear Zone within its Santa Elena project. In Chihuahua, Ethos Gold provided an update on its la Purisima project, and Harvest Gold announced that a drill program will commence shortly on its Cerro Cascaron project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals released exploration results from its Puerto Rico project. In Jalisco, Evrim expanded gold mineralization at its Cuale project. In Veracruz, Azucar Minerals revealed drilling results from its El Cobre project. In Estado de Mexico, Impact reported sampling results from its Santa Teresa Au-Cu area. ON MINING, Telson provided an update on its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero and Goldcorp announced that will release Q3, 2018 results on October. ON FINANCING, Defiance increased a loan facility from $700K to up to $1,120,810. Harvest Gold raised $980K from the purchase of 12.25M of warrants. Telson announced a non brokered private placement for CAD$6.5M. Avino closed a US$4.6M underwritten public offering. Consolidated Zinc announced a share purchase plan to raise funds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Goldplay announced sampling results of historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Ethos Gold entered in an option agreement to expand its La Purisima project in Chihuahua. Southern Silver provided a corporate update (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango). Alamos Gold declared semi-annual dividend (Mulatos mine, Sonora) and Gold Resource monthly dividend (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca).
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Mexus Gold US, is to commence a drilling program at the 2,200m long by 300m wide Julio Shear Zone within its Santa Elena project in Sonora. The 12 hole core drill program “is to establish structural features, the types of mineralization and define up to 100K Oz Au resource in about a 500,000 ton resource block, building towards a future 43-101 report”.
- Ethos Gold Corp., reported that has completed a rock sampling and geological mapping program on its La Purisima project in Chihuahua. “Work to date indicates at least five sub parallel north-west striking mineralized veins with significant broad vein enveloping areas of gold mineralized stockwork in intervening rock between the veins. Additionally, gold mineralized vein splays and stockwork zones diverge from the primary veining, usually into northeast trends”. Ethos has designed an angled holes drill program to test targets at its la Purisima property. Permitting for the drill program is now underway.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, announced that a first phase drilling program will commence shortly on its Cerro Cascaron project in Chihuahua. The first phase plan for diamond drilling consists of 14 diamond drill holes comprising 3,000m to 3,500m in five of eight target areas on the property which have been defined by rock channel, grab and soil samples. Planned drill hole depths range from 100m to 300m.
- Discovery Metals Corp., released results from an underground channel sampling at its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. Highlights results are 1.8m of 101 g/t Ag, 9.5% Pb and 20% Zn on “Manto 7”; 1.4m of 116 g/t Ag, 6.1% Pb, and 22.5% Zn on “Manto 12”; and 1.1m of 253 g/t Ag, 10.8% Pb, and 11.7% Zn on “Manto 8”; 0.8m of 279 g/t Ag, 27% Pb, and 26.5% Zn on “Chimney NW1”; 0.6m of 484 g/t Ag, 22.7% Pb, and 22.1% Zn; and 0.5m of 701 g/t Ag, 43.5% Pb, and 5.9% Zn.
- Evrim Resource Corp., expanded outcropping Au mineralization at its Cuale project in Jalisco. Trenching on the La Gloria area extended the outcropping mineralization to the southwest where continuous mineralization remains open, and the CSAMT geophysical survey confirmed at least 200m of depth potential beneath the trenches. Highlights of the trenching sampling at la Gloria are T-6 with 158.8m of 1 g/t Au, including 90.8m of 1.44 g/t Au from 66m along the trench, and 14.8m of 5.19 g/t Au from 142m along the trench; and T-7 with 141.1m of 0.72 g/t Au, including 80m of 1.02 g/t Au from 107.1m along the trench, and 40m of 1.42 g/t Au from 145.1m along the trench. The sampling results define a NW trend of Au mineralization along 1,430m, including the North Dome Target that contains assays up to 11.9 g/t Au, and reveals a new drill target 1Km NW of the La Gloria trenches. The CSAMT geophysical survey also defined a prospective silica target extending 200-300 directly beneath the trenches at La Gloria area, doubling the depth potential. Evrim is interpreting all the results to refine and finalize drill hole location for the initial drilling program at its Cuale project.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., revealed drill results from its El Cobre project in Veracruz. Significant intersections are in hole EC-18-049, Norte Zone with 44m of 0.47 g/t Au and 0.32% Cu, including 10m of 0.88 g/t Au and 0.47% Cu, and 10m of 0.53% Au and 0.39% Cu, and hole EC-18-051 Norte Zone with 227m of 0.37 g/t Au and 0.14% Cu, including 12m of0.80 g/t Au and 0.32% Cu, 75.5m of 0.61 g/t Au and 0.19% Cu, 12.5m of 1.17 g/t Au and 0.33% Cu, and other interval of 118m of 0.70 g/t Au and 0.23% Cu, including 6m of 1.09 g/t Au and 0.34% Cu.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported assay results from its Santa Teresa Au-Cu area within the Zacualpan District in Estado de Mexico. A recent sampling from the El Canelo vein systems at Santa Teresa averaged 6.5g/t gold over a true width of 1.66 meters along a strike length of 50 meters. The system remains open for expansion and parallel vein systems in the area are being mapped and sampled at this time.
- Telson Mining Corporation, provided an update on its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The company made several upgrades in the mill processing plant to increase the grinding capacity of the mill to process up to 3,000 tonnes per day by the end of 2018. The company also conducted metallurgical testing obtaining favourable results for increasing the quality of Zn concentrates.
- Defiance Silver Corp., increased a loan facility from $700K to $1.12M. This financing is to complete its proposed merger with ValOro Resources Inc. (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- Harvest Gold Corporation, announced that 12.25M of warrants were exercised for aggregate proceeds of $980K. (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Telson Mining Corporation, announced a non-brokered private placement for CAD$6.5M. Net gross proceeds will be used for finalizing construction of its Tahuehueto mine in Durango.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., closed a US$4.6M underwritten public offering, including the partial exercise of underwriters´ overallotment option. After deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions, the net proceeds are expected to be approximately US$4.1M (Avino mine, Durango).
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, invited to its shareholders to participate in a share purchase plan with no brokerage cost to raise $1.5M (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., reported sampling results of historical core from its San Marcial project in Sinaloa. Significant results are 93m (TW 68m) of 104 g/t Ag or 165 g/t Ag Eq, including 10m of 324 g/t Ag or 508 g/t Ag Eq; 57m (TW 46m) of 122 g/t Ag or 270 g/t Ag Eq; 42m (TW 39.6m) of 80 g/t Ag or 153 g/t Ag Eq; 35m (TW 32m) of 38 g/t Ag or 64 g/t Ag Eq; 19.2m (TW 12.6m) of 130 g/t Ag or 144 g/t Ag Eq; 12m (TW 12m) of 419 g/t Ag or 467 g/t Ag Eq, including 6m of 939 g/t Ag or 1,012 g/t Ag Eq. These results, together with the historical results, reinforce open pit development potential at San Marcial. “The continuous sampling from the historical core is providing valuable information to expand and connect mineralized zones previously modeled in the historic resource”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Ethos Gold Corp., entered in an option agreement in Chihuahua to earn a 100% right, title and interest in and to 897 hectares of mineral concessions contiguous to its La Purisima project. Ethos can exercise the option by paying the property owner US$550K and granting 2% NSR of which the company can purchase 1% by paying US$1.0M. It also includes advance NSR payments of US$25K on closing, US$35K by the first anniversary, US$35K by the second anniversary, and US$50K by the third anniversary and by each subsequent anniversary until commercial production is commenced. In addition, Ethos will assign 1.5M Ethos warrants, having a 5-year term, and each exercisable to purchase one Ethos common share at CAD$0.15 per share, with these warrants vesting as to 500K on closing, 500K vesting 18 months, and 500K vesting 36 months after closing.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced the re-election of Directors at its annual general meeting and granted 800K incentive stock options to directors, officers and consultants.
- Alamos Gold Inc., declared semi-annual dividend to its shareholders of US$0.01 per common share (Mulatos mine, Sonora)
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared monthly dividend to its shareholders of 1/6 of a cent per common share (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, bladed quartz texture in a low sulphidation epithermal project in Zacatecas, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.