By Miguel A Heredia
During the 11th week of the year (March 12th to March 18th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven announcing exploration results, seven reporting deals and corporate issues, and two providing Q4 and annual 2017 results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Azure provided an update of exploration results at its Alacran project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals announced drill results from its La Kika project in Coahuila, Prize Mining reported sampling results at its manto Negro copper project, and Silver Bull presented drill results on its Sierra Mojada project. In Hidalgo, Prospero announced drill results at its Pachuca SE project. In Michoacan, Geologix presented 2017 exploration results from its Tepal project. In Guerrero, Alio reported drill results on its Ana Paula project. ON MINING, Impact reported Q4 and 2017 annual financial and production results at its Zacualpan Mine in Mexico State. Fortuna announced Q4 and 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. ON FINANCING, Colibri closed a second tranche of a private placement for $135K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, no relevant news. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Evrim issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants on March 19, otherwise they will expire. Geologix granted incentive stock options to its personnel. Plata Latina announced debt restructuring. Primero reported shareholders voted in favour of the First Majestic transaction. Southern Silver announced initial analyst coverage report on its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Rock Teck announced its intention to the vendors to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora. Orla Mining announced the appointment of its CFO.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Azure Minerals Limited, Azure announced that Minera Teck S.A. de C.V. has already logged and sampled all drill core from the eleven hole diamond drilling program completed in December 2017 at its Alacran project in Sonora. All samples were submitted to lab and results are expected to arrive next month. Teck also has informed Azure that it will be continuing its planned geological, geochemical and geophysics surveys in the first half of 2018, to be followed by more drilling in the second half of the year.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported 1st phase drill results at its la Kika project in Coahuila. Significant results were 1.1m of 10.4% Zn, including 16.7% Pb over 0.6m, 7m from surface, and 1.5m of 12.8% Zn, including 30.6% Pb over 0.4m, 7m from surface. A property-wide geochemical survey identified a 1.5km by 0.8km coincident Zn-Pb anomaly. This result opens the potential to the north of the property. Detail mapping, property-wide geophysics, and trenching work are currently underway. The company also announced that a mapping and sampling program is ongoing at its Monclova and Puerto Rico projects to generate drill targets.
- Prize Mining Corporation, announced sampling results at its manto Negro copper project in Coahuila. Highlights comprises 7m of 2.6% Cu & 212 g/t Ag, including 1.25m of 5.46% Cu and 404 g/t Ag at Pilar Grande mine, 0.3m of 5.5% Cu and 711 g/t Ag at level 4 of Pilar Grande Mine, and 0.25m of 45.5% Cu and >1.5K Ag at Los Ojitos. Other significant results are 1.85m of 3% Cu and 275 g/t Ag, including 0.65m of 4.44%Cu and 565 g/t Ag, and 1.35m of 1.73% Cu and 332 g/t Ag, including 0.3m of 4.9%Cu and 1,140 g/t Ag.
- Silver Bull Resources Inc., presented drill results of the final three drill holes collared in the newly discovered Sulphide Zone, which sits under the previously defined Oxide Zone at its Sierra Mojada project in Coahuila. Highlights include 10m @ 347 g/t Ag, 20.7% Zn, 1.25% Cu, and 1.35% Pb; 3m @ 303 g/t Ag, 20.1% Zn, 1.53% Cu, and 1.18% Pb; and 1m @ 127 g/t Ag, 21.1% Zn, 0.29% Cu, and 3.14% Pb. The recent drilling has extended the Oxide and Sulphide Zones to over 150m each along strike with high grade silver and copper to the north, and high grade silver, copper, and zinc to the south.
- Prospero Silver Corp., announced results of the 3 holes comprised in the initial drilling program at its Pachuca SE project in Hidalgo. The intercepts were 1.35m of 227 g/t Ag, 12m of 0.39 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (8-10m true thickness), and 0.75m of 6.4 g/t Au and 75 g/t Ag.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., presented results of the 2017 exploration program at its Tepal project in Michoacan. Company geologists developed a new structurally controlled exploration model for both property and regional scale and identified undrilled areas within and surrounding the three proposed PEA pits. They also discovered an unknown and untested high-sulphidation epithermal system underlying the Tepal property, which is now being prepared for drilling later this year.
- Alio Gold Inc, reported drill results at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. These holes were collared south of the proposed pit and on the southern edge of the alteration halo. Highlights include 19m of 6.45 g/t Au from 367m to 386m, and 55.70m of 1.3 g/t Au from 57.60m to 113.30m. IN addition, Alio has commenced a regional exploration work including an airborne magnetic survey targeting further breccia or skarn mineralization.
- Impact Silver Corp., reported Q4 and year-end 2017 production results at its mine in Zacualpan, Estado de Mexico. Impact milled 194,266 tonnes in 2017 to produce 907.8K Oz Ag with a mill grade of 172 g/t Ag from.
- Fortuna SilverMines Inc., announced Q4 and annual 2017 production results at its San Jose Mine in Oaxaca. On Q4, Fortuna milled 271.3K tonnes to produce 2M Oz Ag & 15K Oz Au, milling 1M tonnes during 2017 for a total annual production of 7.5M Oz Ag & 56K Oz Au.
- Colibri Resources Corporation, closed a second tranche of over-subscribed private placement for $135K. Total gross proceeds raised between the first and second tranche were $1,212,098.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- No relevant news.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Evrim Resources Corp., issued a remainder to holders to exercise their warrants by March 19, 2018 before their expiration date (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
- Plata Latina Minerals Corporation, entered into a debt settlement agreement with the major shareholder of the company. The debt related to a promissory note of $CAD 250K, bearing interest at 10% per annum (Naranjillo, Guanajuato).
- Primero Mining Corp., reported shareholders voted in favour of the transaction with First Majestic. With the acquisition of Primero, First Majestic adds to its portfolio one of the largest and richest precious metals mine in Mexico (Tayoltita-San Dimas, Durango).
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp., announced initial analyst coverage report by Fundamental Research Corp., entitled “Significant resource expansion in Durango” (Cerro Las Minitas, Durango).
- Rock Teck Lithium Inc., announced to the vendors its intention to proceed with the acquisition of the Nogalito lithium property in Sonora.
- Geologix Explorations Inc., granted incentive stock options to its employees, directors, officers, and consultants (Tepal, Michoacan).
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced the appointment of its CFO (Camino Rojo, Zacatecas).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, a moly-copper manto in a prospect in Coahuila State, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.