By Miguel A Heredia
During the 9th week of the year (February 26th to March 4th, 2018), at least 25 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six reporting deals and corporate issues, six providing exploration results, and two announcing financing rounds. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Torex clarified media misinformation in Guerrero. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals reported drilling results at its Cervantes property, and San Marco completed an IP survey at its 1068 project. Azure reported exploration results on Mina Blanca prospect within its Oposura project. In Chihuahua, Mammoth and Golden Minerals announced drill results at its Tenoriba and Santa Maria projects respectively. Golden Minerals also reported drill results at its Mogotes project in Durango. In Zacatecas, Defiance Silver identified a large target within its San Acacio project; Advanced Gold revealed exploration plans on its Tabasquena project. In Puebla, Almaden reported drill results at its Ixtaca project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca). Goldgroup announced 2017 gold production and expansion plans for its Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. Bacanora Minerals reported positive economics and favourable operating cost for its Sonora Lithium project in Sonora. Santacruz reported mill expansion capacity on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. Endeavour and Golden Minerals reported 2017 financial results on its Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Almaden announced a proposed private placement for $ 5.6M, and announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining for gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Azure secured funding of approximately A$ 8.2M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Golden Minerals encountered mineralization in 14 holes drilled to increase the size of the existing resource estimate in its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Americas Silver provided an update on exploration results at its 120 zone, within the Cosala Mine in Sinaloa. Santacruz Silver announced additional drilling at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. In Veracruz, Mexican Gold Corporation reported drilling results from its Las Minas projects, in Veracruz. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Excellon entered in a toll mill agreement with Hecla. Golden Minerals extended an option with HECLA to lease its oxide mill located in Velardeña, Durango. The company also amended the Celaya farm-out agreement with Electrum Global. Gainey Capital signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak. Newcrest acquired interest in El Cobre project. Torex appointed CFO. Dyna Resources announced favorable decision on its conflict with Goldgroup.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Torex Gold Inc., clarified media misinformation regarding a land agreement with Real del Limon Ejido in Guerrero. The company confirmed a binding 30-year land lease agreement with the Ejido.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., announced phase 1 drill results at its Cervantes project in Sonora. Significant drill results comprise 122m from surface of 0.60 g/t Au, including 62m of 0.88 g/t Au, and 170m from surface returning 0.42 g/t Au, including 32m of 0.87 g/t Au. This phase 1 drill program is focused on defining oxide gold mineralization in the upper 200m.
- San Marco Resources Inc. , completed a 2km by 2.8 km grid IP survey at its 1068 porphyry copper, gold and molybdenum project in Sonora. This survey detected a 1.2 km by 1.3km chargeability anomaly which coincides with pervasive quartz-sericite-clay-pyrite ± iron oxide alteration previously mapped on surface.
- Azure Minerals Limited, identified a 500m long by 250m wide strong zinc and lead soil anomaly at its Mina Blanca prospect within the Oposura project in Sonora and is coincident with high-grade mineralization from a rock sample collected in the Mina Blanca old working. Soil samples were tested with a portable XRF analyzer, with values reaching highs of 0.32% Zn and 0.15% Pb. The rock sample from the Mina Blanca old working returned 1.71 g/t Au, 1,600 g/t Ag, 4.6% Cu, 1.6% Pb, and 2.8% Zn. Azure announced further exploration plans, including drilling for its Oposura project.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., announced results of two holes drilled at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua in the Moreno and Masuparia areas. El Moreno area drill hole intercepted 7.2m of 0.23 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag and 3.59 % Cu, while the Masuparia area hole returned 27m of 0.51 g/t Au from 28m depth, including 8.4m of 1.30 g/t Au, and 23.5m from 70m depth of 1.30 g/t Au, including 10m of 2.9 g/t Au and 5m of 4.9 g/t Au.
- Golden Minerals Company, drilled 8 holes in its Mogotes project in Durango, with low grade gold mineralization intercepted on 2 holes. The epithermal system seems to be deeper than the surface geochemical values initially indicated. Additional mapping and sampling is ongoing in the northern portion of the property.
- Defiance Silver Corp., carried out an IP survey at its San Acacio project in Zacatecas. The IP survey identified a 200m long by 300m wide target along the underexplored 900m Veta Grande vein, and requires an additional IP survey to close off the anomaly on the property. This undrilled target has the potential to host a virgin silver ore shoot at depth.
- Advance Gold Corp., announced plans to carry out underground mapping & sampling at its Tabasquena mine in Zacatecas, along with an IP survey followed by a drill program. The aim of the IP survey is to delineate the veins and trace their extension along strike.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., intersected 10m of 2.1 g/t Au, including 2m of 8.2 g/t Au from a drill hole located approximately 1.2 km southeast of the PFS open pit at its Ixtaca project in Puebla.
- Mexus Gold US.- restarted the pad leaching at its Santa Elena Mine in Sonora (Caborca), after fixing some recovery problems.
- Goldgroup Mining Inc., presented its annual gold production for 2017 at Cerro Prieto Mine in Sonora. The company produced 4,670 Oz Au in Q4 for a total 2017 production of 14.7K Oz Au. Goldgroup also announced expansion plans for its mine, including the acquisition of an adjacent property to Cerro Prieto Mine, and expects to produce over 22K to 25K Oz Au in 2018.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd., reported positive economics and favourable operating cost of 35K tonnes per year battery grade lithium carbonate operation, confirmed in recently FS on its Sonora Lithium project, in Sonora. The company also secured access and surface rights agreements and the environmental permit for the construction of an open pit mine and large-scale processing plant in site.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc., reported 85% progress of the mill expansion capacity to 750 tonnes per day on its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. The mill expansion is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported 2017 financial results of its Mexican operations (six mines). The company produced 4.9M Oz Ag and 53K Oz Au during the year.
- Golden Minerals Company, reported 2017 financial results from its Mexican operations.
- Almaden Minerals Inc., announced a proposed private placement to raise $ 5.6M to continue drilling its El Cobre project in Veracruz. In addition, the company also announced a subscription agreement with Newcrest Mining ltd. for aggregate gross proceeds of $ CAD 19M. Newcrest will acquire an indirect interest of 19.9% in El Cobre project.
- Azure Minerals Limited, secured an oversubscribed A$ 8.2M placement to advance its Sara Alicia and Oposura projects in Sonora, fund ongoing exploration activities and provide general working capital.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Santacruz Silver Mining Inc. announced an expansion to include 3,000m of underground additional drilling at the Armados vein to better delineate a mine plan at its Veta Grande Mine in Zacatecas. It also reported on the expansion of mill capacity, which is being funded by Carrizal Mining S.A. de C.V.
- Mexican Gold Corp., revealed results from the resource expansion drilling program carried out at its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Significant results returned 38m of 4.5 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, and 3.3% Cu, confirming the continuity of the high-grade mineralization encountered in previous drill holes. This result will increase the tonnage and grade of the maiden mineral resource estimate.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., announced a PFS at its Terroneras project in Jalisco, advancing the project towards a production decision, having received permits to build the mine and plant, and awaiting waste dump and tailings permits. It also completed a PEA at it’s the El Compas Mine in Zacatecas and has taken the decision to start the mine construction.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Excellon Resources Inc., announced an agreement with Hecla to toll mill sulphide ore from the San Sebastian Mine in Durango at its Miguel Auza processing plant in Zacatecas. The agreement envisages 400 tonnes per day or 12,000 tonnes per month to be milled at the plant.
- Golden Minerals Co. extended an option to lease its oxide mill to Hecla for an additional period of up to two years in exchange for a $1 M cash payment and the purchase of $1M in shares. The company also amended the Celaya (in Guanajuato) farm-out agreement with Electrum Global Holdings LP., same that will earn and additional 20% interest in exchange of a $1M payment, with the possibility to increase its interest to 80% by spending an additional $2.5M.
- Gainey Capital Corp., signed a letter of intent for the purchase and processing of a bulk sample with Grupo Wolinak.
- Newcrest Mining Ltd., acquired indirect 19.9% interest in El Cobre project, in Veracruz, through the investment of $ CAD 19M.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., appointed CFO.
- Dyna Resources Inc., announced a favorable decision from a US District Court Magistrate Judge on its conflict on San Jose de Gracia Mine in Sinaloa with Goldgroup Mining Inc.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, chalcopyrite – magnetite mineralization on drill core from the Las Minas project in Veracruz State. Image from the March 3rd 2018, Mexican Gold Corp. press release.