By Jorge Cirett
During the 44th week of the year (October 26th to November 1st, 2020), at least 33 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, eight companies posted exploration advances on their projects, another eight companies posted quarterly reports and six informed on project development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico is the top silver producer in the world, and a major producer of another eleven metals and minerals. Camimex received the Responsible Industry award. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Riverside Resources commenced drilling at is Cuarentas project; Tocvan Ventures informed on exploration advances at Pilar. In Chihuahua, Radius Gold is preparing the fourth drilling program at Amalia. In Sinaloa, Kootenay Silver released drilling results from the Copalito project; Vizsla Resources added a fifth rig at Panuco; Brigadier Gold intersected the San Agustín vein at Picachos. In Jalisco, Candente Gold released a high-grade gold result From Cocula. In Puebla, Almaden Minerals is exploring around the Ixtaca project. ON MINING, Mexus Gold is nearing the completion of a leach pad at Santa Elena in Sonora. Santacruz Silver, Capstone Mining, Alamos Gold, Coeur Mining, Agnico Eagle, Newmont, McEwen Mining and Consolidated Zinc released third quarter 2020 results. ON FINANCING, Aztec Minerals received $497 K from share purchase warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Prime Mining released geochemical results from Los Reyes. Inomin Mines submitted a technical report on La Gitana project. Agnico Eagle informed on drilling results at Santa Gertrudis, Sonora. Torex Gold released drilling results from two zones at the El Limón-Guajes mine. Excellon Resources filed a technical report on the Evolución project in Zacatecas. Azure informed on metallurgical testing on the Mesa de Plata deposit at the El Alacrán project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alien Metals intends to market its San Celso and Los Campos projects in Zacatecas. One World Lithium is to do some research on a novel lithium extraction process. Grupo Mexico informed on its 2021 investments. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY. Grupo Peñoles, Minera Capela, Grupo Peñoles and Minera Cuzcatán informed on health and social programs.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- México is the top silver producer in the world, and is within the ten top producers of fluorite (2nd), sodium sulfate (3rd), celestite (3rd), molybdenum (5th), lead (5th), zinc (6th), magnesium sulfate (6th), gypsum (7th), barite (8th), copper (8th) and gold (9th).
- Camimex (Cámara Minera de México) received the Responsible Industry award by CONCAMIN Foundation.
- Radius Gold Inc. is preparing the phase 4 drilling program at its Amalia project in Chihuahua, operated by Pan American Silver Corp.. The program is to test down dip and lateral expansions of the high-grade mineralization in the San Pedro structure previously defined.
- Brigadier Gold Ltd. informed the three first diamond holes of a 5,000 m program at its Picachos project in Durango have intersected the San Agustín vein up to 125 m below the Nuevo Carrito adit. The three holes test the same vein section at different levels, with the shallower first hole going through underground workings, and the other two intercepting 10 and 7 meters of quartz-carbonate veining respectively. Results pending.
- Riverside Resources Inc. commenced a 2,000 m diamond drill program at the Cuarentas project in Sonora, with partner Hochschild Mining PLC.. The initial targets are the Sant Rosalia mine and the Santa Rosalia Sur vein target area. These target zones are located 1 km apart, within a large epithermal system in which five parallel resistivity anomalies that have been interpreted as possible blind quartz vein zones. “The current drill program will form part of Hochschild’s US$700,000 minimum exploration commitment in year one”.
- Kootenay silver Inc. released results from holes 5 to 33 of the first drill campaign at Copalito, in Sinaloa. The program designed for 3,000 meters ended drilling 4,153 meters in over 40 drill holes. Highlighted intervals comprise 18.0 m @ 63 gpt Ag, 0.15 gpt Au, 0.47% Pb+Zn (including 1.0 m @ 936 gpt Ag, 0.29 gpt Au, 3.31% Pb+Zn); 1.2 m @ 51 gpt Ag, 2.28 gpt Au, 6.18% Pb+Zn; 0.7 m @ 307 gpt Ag, 0.154 gpt Au, 0.15% Pb+Zn; 0.40 m @ 209 gpt Ag, 0.196 gpt Au, 0.67% Pb+Zn; 1.2 m @ 45 gpt Ag, 0.86 gpt Au, 3.46% Pb+Zn; 2.7 m @ 101 gpt Ag, 0.7 gpt Au, 2.28% Pb+Zn (including 0.2 m @ 59 gpt Ag, 7.05 gpt Au, 13.55% Pb+Zn. “Drilling tested 7 of 9 known veins along a cumulative strike length of 2,500 meters of an estimated 10,000 meters of vein length. Mineralized vein widths in drill hole varied from less than one meter to 56 meters. The deepest intercept was 123 meters below surface and graded 0.689 gpt gold, 101 gpt silver, and 2.28% lead plus zinc over 2.7 meters including 7.0 gpt gold, 59 gpt silver and 13.55% lead plus zinc over 0.2 meters”.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. announced a field exploration program in the company’s property surrounding its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The “SE Alteration Zone” covers volcanic hosted clay alteration, and is being assessed by use of satellite alteration studies, geophysical studies and soil, rock and drilling geochemical data. Satellite imagery processes have been able to identify a 150 by 650 meters area in which the presence of the favorable clay buddingtonite is suspected.
- Vizsla Resources Corp. informed a fifth drill rig arrived at the Panuco project in Sinaloa. The company has completed 16,700 m, and intends to complete 31,300 m of diamond drilling in the Napoleon, Cordon del Oro and Animas vein corridors. Four holes have been completed into the Tajitos vein, located 900 m SE of the first Napoleon discovery. “The Tajitos vein zone is composed of a quartz breccia vein with an early white locally banded quartz supporting andesite lithic clasts, followed by a later white to greyish quartz supporting brecciated clasts of earlier white quartz veins. This zone was then cut by a later white to clear quartz vein with local dark bands or patches of fine-grained sulphides that is cutting a zone of quartz pseudomorphs after bladed calcite and pink rhodochrosite. The better grades are in the earlier breccias associated with dark bands or dark patches of very fine-grained disseminated sulphides”.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp. informed on exploration advances at the Pilar project in Sonora. A structural analysis has been completed, with gold and silver mineralization being controlled by faults, fault intersections and dilated structures. Rock and grab sample highlighted results include 1.3 gpt Au, 5 gpt Ag, 0.34% Cu; 3.2 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.35% Cu; 0.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag, 1.25% Cu; 0.9 gpt Au, 17 gpt Ag, 0.73% Cu; 3.8 gpt Au, 57 gpt Ag, 0.85% Cu; nil Au, 6 gpt Ag, 1.91% Cu; 0.1 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 1.40% Cu; 5.6 gpt Au, 84 gpt Ag, 1.71% Pb; 9.3 gpt Au, 76 gpt Ag, 0.12% Cu, 2.15% Pb; 0.5 gpt Au, 323 gpt Ag, 0.24% Pb; 2.2 gpt Au, 15 gpt Ag, 0.26% Pb; 4.3 gpt Au, 172 gpt Ag, 1.12% Pb; 23.7 gpt Au, 116 gpt Ag; 4.4 gpt Au, 44 gpt Ag, 0.11% Cu; 7.5 gpt Au, 42 gpt Ag. Drill targets have been selected, and permitting for the program is underway.
- Candente Gold Corp. reported high-grade sample results from its Cocula project in Jalisco. Past reported samples returned 5.67 gpt Au over 6 meters and 4.32 gpt Au over 8 meters, whereas sampling of a selected 10 cm zone in the hanging wall of a quartz vein-breccia returned 59.0 gpt Au, 729 gpt Ag. “The mineralization in the high grade sample is described as dark grey to milky white banded quartz in vein and breccia with galena, pyrite and quartz crystals filling open spaces”. A 0.75 m sample collected adjacent to the selected sample returned 0.18 gpt Au, 19 gpt Ag, comprising “milky white and gray to dark gray quartz breccia vein with fine grained pyrite, +1% galena and trace malachite”.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. Released third quarter results for 2020, with a total of 977.7 K Oz AgEq. At Zimapan in Hidalgo, 164.8 K tonnes were processed @ 73 gpt Ag, 0.72% Pb, 2.40% Zn, 0.33% Cu, recovering 72.3% Ag to produce 282.8 K Oz Ag, 1,048 tonnes Pb, 2,841 tonnes Zn, 395 tonnes Cu (or 921 K Oz AgEq). At Rosario in San Luis Potosi 11,794 tonnes were milled @ 66 gpt Ag, 0.24 gpt Au, 0.31% Pb, 2.06% Zn, recovering 85.9% Ag to produce 21.4 K Oz Ag, 59 Oz Au, 32 tonnes Pb, 200 tonnes Zn (or 56.7 K Oz AgEq). At Veta Grande in Zacatecas, 44 k tonnes were milled @ 99 gpt Ag, 0.24 gpt Au, 1.45% Pb, 2.11% Zn, recovering 44.6% Ag to produce 62.4 K Oz Ag, 139 Oz Au, 370 tonnes Pb, 519 tonnes Zn (or 214.3 K Oz AgEq.
- Mexus Gold US. Informed the construction of a new leach pad is nearing completion at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora.
- Capstone Mining Corp. released production and financial reports for the third quarter 2020, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Cozamin, in Zacatecas, the company produced 10.6 M Lb Cu, at cash cost $0.36 pr Lb Cu.
- Alamos Gold Inc. reported third quarter 2020 results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Mulatos, in Sonora, 1.32 M tonnes were mined and 1.89 M tonnes stacked @ 0.91 gpt Au, with an average recovery rate of 74% to produce 41,100 Oz Au at cash cost $746 per Oz Au and mine-site AISC of $928 per Oz Au.
- Coeur Mining Inc. reported third quarter 2020 financial results, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Palmarejo, in Chihuahua, 492.5 K tonnes were milled, averaging 2.28 gpt Au, 136 gpt Ag and recovering 91.3% Au, 82.8% Ag to produce 29,296 Oz Au, 1.78 M Oz Ag, at “Adjusted CAS per AuOz” of $602 and “Adjusted CAS per AgOz” of $10.06. “Coeur expects to continue with seven active rigs during the fourth quarter, primarily focusing on resource expansion drilling as well as infill drilling on select targets. Three expansion rigs have recently been mobilized to focus on growing mineralized material between Independencia and the mill”.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. released third quarter results for 2020, including figures from its Mexican operations. At Pinos Altos, in Chihuahua, 558 K tonnes were processed (6,065 tpd) @ 1.89 gpt Au to produce 30,937 Oz Au at cash cost $677 per Oz Au and production cost of $1,071 per Oz Au. High-grade gold mineralization has been extended at the Cubiro deposit by underground drilling, whereas at Reyna de Plata and Reyna de Plata East drilling returned high-grade Au and Ag at shallow depths. At Creston Mascota, a Pinos Altos satellite pit, 188 K tonnes were processed (2,043 tpd) @ 1.19 gpt Au, to produce 6,567 Oz Au at production cost per Oz Au of $1,155 and total cash cost per Oz Au of $771. At La India, in Sonora. 1.56 M tonnes were processed (16,946 tpd) @ 0.72 gpt Au to produce 22,776 Oz Au at production costs per Oz Au of $707 and total cash cost per Oz Au of $740.
- Newmont. Released third quarter 2020 results including some figures from its operations in Mexico. At Peñasquito, in Zacatecas, 130,000 Oz Au were sold, with an AISC of $835 per Oz Au. Also 215,000 Oz of AuEq were sold, with an AISC of $735 per Oz AuEq.
- McEwen Mining Inc. reported production results for the third quarter 2020, including figures from its operations in Mexico. At El Gallo, in Sinaloa, residual leaching produced 1,900 Oz AuEq.
- Consolidated Zinc Ltd. informed on quarterly activities ended on September 30, 2020. On-site processing and a plant refurbishment plan were approved. During the quarter 10,053 tonnes of ore were mined,, 10,352 tonnes of ore processed @ 12.2 % Zn, 7.9% Pb, 48 gpt Ag with recoveries of 69.1% for Zn, and 36.2% for Pb. The operating cost was $1.05 per Lb Zn.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. received an aggregate of $497 K from the exercise of share purchase warrants (Cervantes, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Prime Mining Corp. released surface and underground sampling results from its Los Reyes project in Sinaloa. Some of the underground highlighted results: 4.5 m @ 0.84 gpt Au, 38 gpt Ag; 6 m @ 0.76 gpt Au, 24 gpt Ag; 46 m @ 2.21 gpt Au, 95 gpt Ag (including 2 m @ 29 gpt Au, 226 gpt Ag); 19.5 m @ 1.69 gpt Au, 62 gpt Ag. Some of the highlighted trench results: 21 m @ 0.48 gpt Au, 43 gpt Ag; 9 m @ 0.82 gpt Au, 96 gpt Ag. The company states these results continue to show resource expansion potential.
- Inomin Mines Inc. has submitted a technical report to the Exchange as part of the information requested by the Exchange to complete the acquisition of the La Gitana project in Oaxaca.
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd. informed on exploration at its 44,145 ha Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora. During the third quarter 2020 drilling at Santa Gertrudis totaled 21 holes (7,856 m) focused on expanding mineral resources and exploring for new mineralized structures in the Trinidad trend, which contains the Amelia deposit and the Espiritu Santo zone. Some highlighted results from the Amelia and Espiritu Santo: 6.5 m @ 1.2 gpt Au, 4 gpt Ag; 5.5 m @ 0.9 gpt Au, 142 gpt Ag; 4.5 m @ 2.8 gpt Au, 11 gpt Ag; 10.3 m @ 1.3 gpt Au, 1 gpt Ag; 4.6 m @ 2.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag; 5.6 m @ 3.2 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag; 11.5 m @ 1.6 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 10.5 m @ 2.6 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag; 4.2 m @ 5.6 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc. released drill results from the ongoing program at El Limón-Guajes underground mine, which includes the Sub-Sill deposit and the El Limón Deep deposit. At the Sub-Sill deposit, highlighted core-length intercepts comprise 9.1 m @ 30.70 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.07% Cu; 12.2 m @ 23.88 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.10% Cu; 18.9 m @ 14.85 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, 1.73% Cu; 19.6 m @ 6.34 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 0.40% Cu; 15.4 m @ 17.03 gpt Au, 13 gpt Ag, 0.49% Cu; 28.5 m @ 13.11 gpt Au, 3 gpt Ag, 0.1% Cu; 11.8 m @ 21.60 gpt Au, 29 gpt Ag, 1.29% Cu. At the El Limón Deep deposit, highlighted core length intercepts comprise 6.9 m @ 20.37 gpt Au, 12 gpt Ag, 0.15% Cu; 13.2 m @ 15.98 gpt Au, 28 gpt Ag, 0.79% Cu; 9.8 m @ 10.90 gpt Au, 6 gpt Ag, 0.10% Cu; 15.5 m @ 9.55 gpt Au, 2 gpt Ag, 0.07% Cu; 10.0 m @ 9.20 gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.19% Cu.
- Excellon Resources Inc. filed a technical report on the Evolución polymetallic project in Zacatecas. The updated mineral resource estimate forwards an indicated resource of 6.4 M tonnes @ 64 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 1.00% Pb, 1.14% Zn containing 13.15 M Oz Ag, 19 K Oz Au, 140.7 M Lb Pb, 161.5 M Lb Zn (or 35.1 M Oz AgEq) and inferred resources of 14.96 M tonnes @ 39 gpt Ag, 0.10 gpt Au, 0.75% Pb, 1.15% Zn, containing 18.5 M Oz Ag, 49 K Oz Au, 247.5 M Lb Pb, 377.7 M Lb Zn (or 64.8 M Oz AgEq).
- Azure Minerals Ltd. informed it has sent three metallurgical samples from the Mesa de Plata deposit on its Alacrán project in Sonora, to be tested. The new metallurgical tests will be focused in recovering a silver mineral, romeite by gravity separation methods. “The tailings from the gravity separation will then undergo grinding, flotation and cyanide leaching to maximise the overall silver recovery”.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alien Metals Ltd. Informed that “following the recent earn-transaction with Capstone Mining regarding the Donovan 2 Cu-Au project in Zacatecas, the company is looking to a similar marketing process for its San Celso and Los Campos projects, also in Zacatecas.
- One World Lithium Inc. is to implement a proof of concept program for a lithium separation innovative technology. The program is estimated to take three months and cost CAD$100 K. “The parties have agreed to complete a formal agreement if the Technology is proven to have commercial applications. Such an agreement would include cash payments, issuance of common shares and a royalty payment from OWL” (Salar del Diablo, Baja California).
- Grupo Mexico. informed investments for US $2.1 billion. The resources are destined to mining projects like Tía María in Perú, as well to investments on its rail services, wind plants and terminals.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Grupo Peñoles and the municipal government at Sombrerete, Zacatecas) realized free Covid tests in the community.
- Industrias Peñoles and Oxxo in Zacatecas provided Covid protection material to the municipality.
- Grupo Mexico and Grupo Peñoles allied with the Sombrerete municipal government to realize fast Covid-19 tests.
- Minera Capela Peñoles funded the construction of a school wall in Teloloapan, Guerrero.
- Compañía Minera Cuzcatán initiated a scholarship program to benefit 134 students in San José del Progreso in Oaxaca.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the image below: The porphyry from Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosí. Picture by Jorge Cirett.