By Jorge Cirett
During the 39th week of the year (September 27th to October 3rd, 2021), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, six companies posted exploration advances on their properties, one on financing and five more on project development or resource definition and one more on corporate matters. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Mexico’s government is looking for a law firm to represent its interests in international arbitration processes. A constitution amendment was proposed by the presidency of Mexico, to restrict the work of the private industry in the energy industry and to exclude private companies from the mining of lithium. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja, One World Lithium is drilling at Salar del Diablo. In Sonora, Benjamin Hill Mining released assays from surface samples at the Benjamin Hill property. In Durango, Silverton Metals commenced exploration at the Pluton project; Silver Wolf Exploration released surface sample results for the Ana Maria project. In Zacatecas, Defiance silver is to start drilling the Lucita area on the Zacatecas project. In Oaxaca, Madoro Metals released radiometric ages on its Yautepec project. ON MINING, No relevant news. ON FINANCING, Inomin closed a non-brokered private placement for $402.3 K in gross proceeds. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GoGold Resources resources released drill results from the Mololoa area at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Fabled Silver informed on drilling at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Discovery Silver presented results from drilling at Cordero, in Chihuahua. Silver Dollar presented an update on La Joya, Durango. Silver Viper Minerals provided an update and drilling results from La Virginia, in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Altaley Mining engaged a group of consulting firms for financial publishing services and digital marketing services. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Capstone Gold informed on funding provided for sports in Zacatecas.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Mexico’s government is looking for a law firm to represent its interests on international arbitration lawsuits, like the one brought by First Majestic Silver in the mining sector and Finley Resources, MWS Management and Prize Permanent Holdings on the oil services sector. Other relevant players that can initiate arbitration processes include Coeur Mining, AMERRA Capital Management, CMSA B. V., Contecon Manzanillo, Dal-Tile International, Doups Holdings, Gonzalo Mora Velarde and Jinlong Dongli Minera Internacional.
- The Guerrero Gold Belt still has potential for 10 more million ounces of gold, according to David Jones, a geologist with extensive experience in the area. Torex Gold is to produce between 430 K to 470 K Oz Au in 2021 at its El Limon-Guajes mine, while Equinox expects to reach between 120 K to 140 K Oz Au, and both companies are in expansion development. Ana Paula is another known resource that can produce over 100 K Oz Au per year, in a belt with resources for more than 30 million ounces of gold. The state of Guerrero presents community and security issues that have to be addressed since the exploration stage, but that can be overcome, as the Los Filos and Guajes Limon mines demonstrate.
- Mexico’s ejecutive power, president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador presented an initiative that restricts the operations of private players in the electricity sector, and that also declares the government as the sole player in the mining of lithium (both measures reflecting a profound misunderstanding of economic processes, that is to erode into the country’s development rate and its inhabitants quality of life in the not so distant future, if approved).
- One World Lithium Inc. announced the drilling in progress of its fourth diamond drill hole 16 and 34 kilometers to the North and South respectively from previous holes within its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California. The current hole is planned to 600 m of depth. ” DDH-4 is the fourth exploration borehole of a four borehole program designed to explore the Salar del Diablo lithium-brine project that covers 103,450 hectares”.
- Silverton Metals Corp. announced the commencement of exploration work at the 6,534 hectares Pluton property in Durango. The project targets a carbonate replacement system akin to the nearby Platosa mine and the past producing Ojuela mine.
- Silver Wolf Exploration Ltd. released results from 36 surface samples at the 2,549 hectares Ana Maria property in Durango. Highlighted results include 1.5% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 0.27 gpt Au, 41 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 1.00 gpt Au, 18 gpt Ag, 0.91% Cu, 0.1% Zn; 0.81 gpt Au, 0.64% Cu, 0.3% Zn; 9.31 gpt Au, 2.4% Zn; 0.84 gpt Au, 1.47% Cu, 0.4% Zn; 0.62 gpt Au, 0.1% Zn; 22 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 1.2% Zn; 51 gpt Ag, 3.5% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 0.67 gpt Au, 13 gpt Ag, 0.45% Cu, 0.6% Zn in the northern claim and 60 gpt Ag, 3.7% Cu; 37 gpt Ag, 2.1% Cu; 40 gpt Ag, 2.1% Cu; 42 gpt Ag, 1.15% Cu; 157 gpt Ag, 3% Cu; 26 gpt Ag, 1.3% Cu; 49 gpt Ag, 0.8% Cu; 87 gpt Ag, 2.7% Pb, 3.2% Zn; 55 gpt Ag, 0.8% Pb, 5.2% Zn.
- Madoro Metals Corp. released radiometric results from studies at its Yautepec project in Oaxaca. Several U-Pb dates obtained ranged from 18.0 to 19.0 m.a. +-0.3 m.a., which is the same age of the nearby Goldgroup’s Altagracia mine. “We are encouraged to have formally demonstrated the contemporaneity of our Yautepec project caldera with the ages of nearby producing mines along this rapidly emerging Au-Ag belt”.
- Defiance Silver Corp. is to start drill testing several regional targets at its Zacatecas project in Zacatecas. Drilling initially is to be focused at Lucita South, which includes the Palenque, El Puerto and Tahuares vein structures. “The Lucita project is characterized as a low to intermediate sulphidation Ag-Au vein, breccia, and stockwork system with historical high-grade drill results and drill-ready exploration targets. There are at least 10 known mineralized structures over a vein strike length of approximately 20 km, …..”.
- Benjamin Hill Mining Corp. reported on the continuous mineralization between Caracahui North and Las Antenas exploration areas at its Benjamin Hill property in Sonora. Las Antenas mineralization was discovered through stream sediment sampling, and to date comprises mineralized hydrothermal breccias up to 1,300 m in length on a zone 400 m in width. Surface results include 1.5 gpt Au, 9 gpt Ag; 2.4% Cu, 12 gpt Ag; 2.3% Cu, 9 gpt Ag; 2.3% Cu, 8 gpt Ag; 1.8% Cu, 12 gpt Ag; 0.6% Cu, 34 gpt Ag. The Carachui North and the Las Antenas areas are now combined in “El Fierro” area, to simplify the nomenclature of mineralized areas.
- No Relevant News.
- Inomin Mines Inc. closed the second and final tranche of its non-brokered private placement, issuing 724 K non-flow-through units for gross proceeds of $72.4 K. A total of $402.3 K was obtained in gross proceeds for the offering (La Gitana, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GoGold Resources Inc. released drilling results from Mololoa at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Mololoa is one kilometer north of the El Favor deposit and can be an easterly extension of the Casados deposit. Highlighted core length intercepts comprise 9.9 m @ 0.21 gpt Au, 67 gpt Ag; 2.9 m @ 0.18 gpt Au, 100 gpt Ag; 7.8 m @ 0.38 gpt Au, 162 gpt Ag (including 2.3 m @ 1.08 gpt Au, 456 gpt Ag); 3.1 m @ 0.13 gpt Au, 183 gpt Ag; 14.8 m @ 0.02 gpt Au, 49 gpt Ag; 6.1 m @ 0.95 gpt Au, 455 gpt Ag (including 2.0 m @ 2.58 gpt Au, 1,777 gpt Ag); 7.6 m @ 0.34 gpt Au, 83 gpt Ag; 11.0 m @ 0.83 gpt Au, 276.3 gpt Ag (including 2.2 m @ 2.11 gpt Au, 774 gpt Ag). Several of the holes intercepted voids of old workings and the next round of drilling will target below these.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp. informed on drilling results at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Fabled highlighted 53 core-length intervals greater than 0.1 gpt Au, of which nine contain higher than 50 gpt AgEq: 12.30 m @ 1.42 m gpt Au, 8 gpt Ag, 0.16% Zn (including 1.30 m @ 12.05 gpt Au, 31 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb); 0.30 m @ 0.11 gpt Au, 64 gpt Ag, 0.14% Zn; 0.50 m @ 0.43 gpt Au, 30 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.3% Zn, 0.17% Cu; 0.30 m @ 0.54 gpt Au, 32 gpt Ag, 1.0% Pb, 2.8% Zn, 0.15% Cu; 2.90 m @ 2.16 gpt Au, 22 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Zn (including 1.0 m @ 0.53 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu and 0.60 m @ 9.14 gpt Au, 19 gpt Ag, 0.1% Pb, 0.1% Zn); 0.80 m @ 0.92 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag, 0.2% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 0.20 m @ 0.16 gpt Au, 78 gpt Ag, 0.67% Cu. Fabled is pursuing a model where an array of sheeted quartz veins and veinlets is generated by a porphyritic diorite dike and considers the results encouraging.
- Discovery Silver Corp. presented results from 13 holes of its phase 2 drill program at Cordero, in Chihuahua. The program is focused in the upgrade of resources. Highlighted core-length intervals comprise 73.1 m @ 104 gpt Ag, 0.06 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 2.5% Zn (241 gpt AgEq); 19.8 m @ 61 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.5% Zn (104 gpt AgEq); 28.6 m @ 101 gpt Ag, 0.12 gpt Au, 1.6% Pb, 3.2% Zn (300 gpt AgEq); 29.1 m @ 68 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 0.6% Pb, 2.7% Zn (208 gpt AgEq); 27.8 m @ 49 gpt Ag, 0.04 gpt Au, 0.9% Pb, 1.5% Zn (146 gpt AgEq); 22.6 m @ 94 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 1.7% Pb, 3.3% Zn (298 gpt AgEq); 42.3 m @ 34 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.5% Pb, 0.7% Zn (86 gpt AgEq); 94.7 m @ 29 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Ag, 0.4% Pb, 0.9% Zn (87 gpt AgEq); 31.2 m @ 59 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.9% Pb, 1.5% Zn (160 gpt AgEq); 144.1 m @ 25 gpt Ag, 0.12 gpt Au, 0.3% Pb, 0.6% Zn (70 gpt AgEq); 38.0 m @ 54 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 1.3% Pb, 2.9% Zn (229 gpt AgEq); 133.8 m @ 39 gpt Ag, 0.07 gpt Au, 0.8% Pb, 0.7% Zn (103 gpt AgEq); 40.8 m @ 24 gpt Ag, 0.11 gpt Au, 0.6% Pb, 1.0% Zn (96 gpt AgEq).
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc. submitted a drilling permit application for drilling at La Joya, in Durango. The company has also completed a technical report under NI43-101 guidelines.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. provided an update on its La Virginia project in Sonora. Since the release of the maiden resource drilling has continued at El Rubi and expansion of mapping and sampling across the project. A deep penetrating Titan-160 geophysical survey is to be carried out to assist in the design of a deep drilling campaign. “Prospecting work continues along the El Rubi trend and the adjacent El Molino trend. Advances have been made at the La Colmena and the newly identified Paredones prospect areas. These early-stage prospects host outcroppings of silicified hydrothermal breccias and quartz veining, similar to those seen in the El Rubi area”. Some of the highlighted true width intervals comprise 1.42 m @ 2.48 gpt Au, 80 gpt Ag; 2.88 m @ 0.47 gpt Au, 25 gpt Ag; 15.68 m @ 0.59 gpt Au, 1 gpt Ag; 0.96 m @ 2.38 gpt Au, 1 gpt Ag; 0.40 m @ 4.1 gpt Au, 361 gpt Ag; 0.40 m @ 10.5 gpt Au, 443 gpt Ag; 1.0 m @ 3.06 gpt Au, 1 gpt Ag; 0.40 m @ 2.98 gpt Au, 7 gpt Ag; 0.42 m @ 1.44 gpt Au, 96 gpt Ag; 8.83 m @ 3.29 gpt Au, 40 gpt Ag; 2.30 m @ 0.95 gpt Au, 115 gpt Ag; 0.5 m @ 17.9 gpt Au, 49 gpt Ag.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Altaley Mining Corp. engaged Future Money Trends LLC, Gold Standard Media LLC, Portfolio Wealth Global and Wealth Research Group LLC to provide financial publishing and digital marketing services. The company is to pay a US$350 K cash fee in four US$87.5 K installments for the six-month period of service (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Capstone Gold informed on funding provided for sports in Zacatecas.
On the image below: quartz stockwork by side of a low sulfidation epithermal vein on a project in northern Sonora. Picture by Jorge Cirett.