During the 39th week of the year (September 25th to October 1st, 2017), at least 22 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, San Marco continues to define the footprint of a porphyry copper system at its 1068 project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay is to drill the Las Venadas zone of its La Cigarra project. In Zacatecas, Arian Silver is to halt exploration in three lithium projects after receiving auger drill results. ON MINING, Telson released details on the sale of concentrate from its Tahuehueto property in Durango. Arian Silver released financial results for the first six months of 2017. ON FINANCING; Defiance Silver completed the first tranche of its financing for $1.7 M, VVC Exploration has raised CA$900 K and is increasing the offering ceiling to CA$2 M., MX Gold closed a non-brokered private placement for C$4 M and San Marco announced an upcoming private placement for C$1.26 M. Silver Viper completed its IPO raising $3.0 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT; Lea Gold commenced the portal development of the 1.3 km ramp at Bermejal in Guerrero. GoldCorp has achieved 40% completion on the Pyrite Leach Project. Levon informed on the drill definition of a gold rich zone at its Cordero property in Chihuahua. Mexican Gold commenced the phase-2 drilling of its Las Minas project in Veracruz. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sierra Metals and Jinchuan Group signed a MOU for cooperation on the Bahuerachi project in Chihuahua.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- San Marco Resources Inc. announced that the surface alteration and mineralization footprint on its 1068 project in Sonora has been mapped over an area of 1.6 Km x 1.5 km, and is still open in two directions. A stockwork-quartz-veined volcanic lithocap phyllically altered sits on top of a poorly exposed intrusive with potassic alteration and fresh pyrite, chalcopyrite and molybdenite. Semi-continuous channel sampling over part of a new road cut ran 62 m @ 0.1% Cu, 215 ppm Mo, 0.044 g/t Au. Exploration plans include further geologic mapping up to 1 km to the NE and SE, expansion of the rock chip sampling grid and detailed mapping on the lithocap to define drill targets and drilling the potassic core.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. completed the last hole at Las Venadas zone of its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. The rig has been mobilized to La Navidad zone in the same project. This zone is 500 m to the east and parallel to the San Gregorio zone, which holds 60% of the mineral resource estimate at La Cigarra. Rock and soil sampling programs completed on La Navidad defined a mineralized area 1,000 m long by 300 m wide that is similar in size and in soil values as in the San Gregorio zone.
- Arian Silver Corp. informed that in light of assay results from the initial auger drill program carried out in the Pozo Hondo, Columpio and Abundancia projects in Zacatecas, no further exploration in the properties is to be undertaken. The company owns 12 silver mining concessions covering 1,500 has in Zacatecas.
- Telson Resources Inc. announced the final details of the sale of 155.4 tonnes and 316.4 tonnes of Pb and Zn concentrates respectively, from its Tahuehueto project in Durango, for proceeds of US $1.6 M. The concentrates were produced from 4,123 tonnes of ore mined from the Level 10 of El Creston Zone, grading 6.26 g/t Au, 60 g/t Ag, 2.08% Pb, 5.61% Zn. The recoveries achieved were @ 83.6% Au, 89.3% Ag, 86.1% Pb, 85.5% Zn. Mining is averaging 166 tonnes per day during September 2017, with 2,530 tonnes of ore awaiting transport to the Atocha mill.
- Arian Silver Corp. released its financial results for the first six months of 2017. At the end of the period the company had total assets of US$1.5 M, of which $0.9 M was cash.
- Defiance Silver Corp. closed the first tranche of its private placement for gross proceeds of $1.72 M. Finder’s fees of $122.9 K were paid in connection with the first tranche of the private placement (San Acacio, Zacatecas).
- VVC Exploration Corp. has raised to date about CA$900 K and have commitments for an additional $460 K on its previously announced CA$1 M in a non-brokered private placement. The company is increasing the maximum amount of the offering to CA$2 M (Samalayuca copper project, Chihuahua).
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp. has successfully completed its initial public offering (IPO), for gross proceeds of $3.0 M (Clemente, Sonora).
- MX Gold Corp. closed a non-brokered private placement, for gross proceeds of C$4 M. Aggregate cash finder’s fees of $15.6 K will be paid (Magistral, Durango).
- San Marco Resources Inc. is arranging a private placement to raise gross proceeds of up to C$1.26 M (Chunibas, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Lea Gold mining Corp. has commenced portal development for the 1,325 m long exploration ramp at its Bermejal Underground deposit in Guerrero. The US$ 13 M budget includes 3,136 m of ramp and cross-cut development and two ventilation raises totaling 560 vertical m. The Bermejal Underground drilling program is over 50% complete with 28,846 m drilled on 67 holes of the planned 56,000 m in 113 holes. “All holes intersected iron-oxide skarn mineralization as targeted and only two holes ….. were below a 3 gpt over 3 m diluted minimum width threshold” . The mineralization remains open in several directions.
- GoldCorp Inc. informed the Pyrite Leach project (PLP) at Peñasquito in Zacatecas has achieved 40% completion on its $420 M investment, which is expected to be commissioned three months ahead of schedule, by the fourth quarter of 2018. The PLP is to recover 40% of the gold and 48% of the silver that currently go to the tailings. A prefeasibility study on Eco-Tails is expected by the first quarter of 2018.
- Levon Resources Ltd. announced that drilling has extended a gold enriched sulfide zone in the northern part of the center of the current resource at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. A total of 5,655 m were drilled in 18 core holes, with results supporting extension of the gold zone for 350 m on strike to the NE. Additional infill resource drilling is needed to completely define the resource internally.
- Mexican Gold Corp. commenced the phase 2 diamond drilling program at its Las Minitas Cu-Au property in Veracruz. The drill program is to include step-out drilling beyond the current resource at the El Dorado/Juan Bran zone, high-grade intercepts at the Cinco Señores and Las Minillas Drill targeting is to be aided by the ground magnetic and TDEM surveys.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sierra Metals Inc. signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Jinchuan Group Co. Ltd., formalizing the intention to cooperate on Jinchuan’s Bahuerachi property in Chihuahua. The Bahuerachi property is adjacent to Sierra´s Bolivar mine, where Sierra has been producing copper since 2012.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, rock fence with fine grained quartz vein fragments in Chihuahua. Photo by Jorge Cirett.