By Miguel A Heredia
During the 21th week of the year (May 21th to May 27th, 2018), at least 15 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six informing on exploration results, 3 communicating deals and corporate issues, 2 reporting Q1 2018 results, two announcing financing, and two reporting on resources & development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Canuc provided an update on exploration results at its San Javier project, Azure reported drilling results from its Oposura project, and Riverside presented an update on exploration results from its Glor property. In Sinaloa, Goldplay announced the start of a drilling program on its Habal project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals reported geochemical results for its Puerto Rico project. Canasil started a drilling program at its La Esperanza project in Zacatecas-Durango. ON MINING, Santacruz reported Q1 2018 results for its Veta Grande and the Rosario projects in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosí, respectively. Telson started commercial production at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. ON FINANCING, Minaurum closed a private placement for $1 M. Prospero closed a placement for $517K. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Sierra Metals updated mineral reserve and resource estimate at its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. McEwen announced new preliminary economic assessment for its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio announced voting results of its annual general meeting and approved the acquisition of Rye Patch Gold Corp. Almadex changed its name to Azucar Minerals Ltd. Leagold received approval to acquire Brio Gold.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news
- Canuc Resources Corporation, reported sampling results from its San Javier project in Sonora. Significant results from the northeast section of the San Javier mineralized corridor are 1.5m of 625 g/t Ag in breccia material at the Chiripas working and 3.8m of 477 g/t Ag in vein material at the Little Pit working. In the southwest portion at the Jazmin old working sampling returned 2m of 698 g/t Ag in vein material. “These results clearly indicate that high grade silver vein mineralization, and also silver bearing breccia geology, is evidenced along the full 3 km strike extent of the San Javier structure and the San Javier mineralized corridor. This is very encouraging for geological prospects and vein continuity along trend in the northeasterly direction, and suggests potential for a robust high-grade and vein hosted mineral endowment.” Canuc also announced the release of two of the nineteen claims optioned in san Javier property.
- Azure Minerals Limited, reported drilling results from its Oposura project in Sonora. Highlights include 12.5m of 3.9% Pb and 12.4% Zn; 3.20m of 8.0% Pb and 13.0% Zn, 2.95m of 7.7% Pb and 10.3% Zn, and 2.50m of 2.4% Pb and 24.8% Zn. “The weighted average thickness of the intersections within this high-grade zone is 5.8m of 5.5% Pb and 13.7% Zn.
- Riverside Resources Inc., presented exploration results from its Glor project in Sonora. This exploration program, funded by its partner Centerra Gold, consisted on geological mapping, stream sediment & soil geochemistry surveys along with the interpretation of aeromagnetics data and identified a 3.5km long structural corridor of “highly deformed rocks showing patchy hydrothermal mineralization and scattered occurrences of gold and base metal mineralization”. This shear zone displays quartz-sericite-carbonate hydrothermal alteration and has been interpreted as a target with potential to contain orogenic type gold mineralization.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., commenced a phase first drilling program on its Habal project in Sinaloa, which will consists of 1,500m in six holes. The aim is to drill-test a 600m long mineralized corridor open along strike and down dip within a highly prospective 6 km long mineralized corridor. The drill program will test shallow low resistivity anomalies identified by a CSMAT survey with evidences of intense hydrothermal alteration in andesites and rhyolites known to contain Au mineralized quartz stockwork zones.
- Discovery Metals Corp., reported high-grade results from a Significant results are 2.2m of 624 g/t Ag, 2.5% Pb, 6.1% Zn and 0.4% Cu, including 0.7m of 1, 860 g/t Ag, 5.7% Pb, 7.6% Pb, and 1% Cu; 2.0m of 268 g/t Ag, 9.8% Pb, 17.5% Zn, and 0.2% Cu, including 0.9m of 529 g/t Ag, 18.2% Pb, 19.6% Zn, and 0.5% Cu; and 8m of 179 g/t Ag, 12.6% Pb, 18.3% Zn, and 0.1% Cu, including 0.7m of 148 g/t Ag, 2.6% Pb, 27.9% Zn, and 0.1% Cu.
- Canasil Resources Inc., started a drilling program at its La Esperanza project in Zacatecas-Durango. “The drill program is planned to follow up on the positive drill results from the 2016-17 drill program on the La Esperanza vein, located in the southeast of the project area”.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., reported Q1 2018 results for its Veta Grande and the Rosario projects in Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi respectively. At Veta Grande, the company milled 35K tonnes at a grade of 62 g/t Ag 32.4K Oz Ag. A the Rosario, Santacruz milled 13K tonnes at a grade of 42 g/t Ag to produce 15.7K Oz Ag.
- Telson Mining Corp., started commercial production at its Campo Morado mine in Guerrero. The company milled 112.5K tonnes during the past 60 operational days at an average daily rate of 1,875 tonnes per day, with average Zn recoveries of 73%.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., closed a second tranche of a private placement for $1 M. Total proceeds will be used for its ongoing exploration program at Alamos, Sonora.
- Prospero Silver Corp., closed a private placement for $517K.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Sierra Metals Inc., update mineral reserve and resource estimate at its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. Total proven + probable reserves are 7.9M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 0.86% Cu for a total of 63K Oz Au, 4.8M Oz Ag, and 152 M Lb Cu. Total indicated resources are 13.3 M tonnes of 0.29 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag, and 1.04% Cu for a total of 124K Oz Au, 9.6M Oz Ag, and 308M Lb Cu, while inferred resources are 8M tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag and 0.96% Cu for a total of 109K Oz Au, 5.8M Oz Ag, and 172M Lb Cu (Mineral resources are reported inclusive of ore reserves).
- Mc Ewen Mining Inc., announced a new preliminary assessment for its El Gallo Complex in Sinaloa, and extends its life for 10 years more in Mexico. Updated measured and indicated resource are 13 M tonnes of 0.39 g/t Au and 77 g/t Ag for a total of 161K Oz Au and 32.2 M Oz Ag. Total inferred resources are 7M tonnes of 0.81 g/t Au and 27 g/t Ag for 140K Oz Au and 5M Oz Ag. The key outcome include an average annual production rate of 47K Oz AuEq, low initial capital cost, mine pay-back of 4 years, and after-tax IRR of 25% at current Au and Ag prices.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc., announced voting results from its annual general meeting and approved the acquisition of Rye Patch Gold Corp.
- Almadex Minerals Limited., changed its name to Azucar Minerals Ltd.
- Leagold Mining Corporation, received Mexican anti-trust approval to acquire Brio Gold.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a rhythmic banded quartz + barite vein with abundant manganese oxides in a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.