Flow banded rhyolite
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 22nd week of the year (May 30th to June 5st, 2023), at least 11 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with three reporting resources and developments of their properties, two communicating production and financial results, two disclosing deals and corporate issues, two informing on exploration results, one announcing financing issues, and one commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, GoGold and Vizsla reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the first week of June, 2023. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Prismo commenced a trenching program at its Los Pavitos project. In Oaxaca, Vortex completed the field work for the environmental baseline study, and advanced surface geological investigations at its Zaachila project. ON MINING, Bear Creek reported Q1, 2023 production results from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. Minera Alamos reported Q1, 2023 selected financial results. ON FINANCING, Minera Alamos announced a USD $25M construction financing package termsheet executed for its Cerro de Oro Gold Project, Zacatecas. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, GoGold announced additional drilling results from Los Ricos South, within the Eagle Deposit in Jalisco. Vizsla reported results from five holes drilled on the recently discovered La Luisa Vein at its Panuco property in Sinaloa. Zacatecas Silver increased its Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate at the Panuco South and North Deposits within its Zacatecas property in Zacatecas State. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Chesapeake granted stock options to its former Vice President Investor Relations & Corporate Development (Metates project, Durango). Golden Tag received approval from Mexico´s antitrust agency, the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) on May 25, 2023, for the previously announced acquisition of the La Parrilla Silver Mine Complex in Durango. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- GoGold Resources Inc., and Vizsla Silver Corp., reported the best drilling intercepts in Mexico on the first week of June, 2023. Details are shown in the table below:
- Prismo Metals Inc., commenced a trenching program at its Los Pavitos project in Sonora to better define the orientation and full width of the mineralized structures prior to starting the drill campaign. Samples collected will be sent to the lab for analysis and results will be released by the middle of June, 2023.
- Vortex Metals Inc., completed the field work for the environmental baseline study, and advanced surface geological investigations at its Zaachila project in Oaxaca. The field work commenced on May 16th and included biological studies and surface geological work. “This information is foundational in the preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement that SEMARNAT requires for the evaluation and approval of exploration drilling”. The results of this study will be an integral part of the Environmental Impact Assessment that Vortex Metals will submit in the coming weeks, bringing us one step closer to advancing the Zaachila copper project for mineral exploration of the previously identified significant anomalous copper mineralization.”
- Bear Creek Mining Corporation reported Q1, 2023 production results from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. The company mined 133,621 tonnes with an average grade of 2.93 g/t Au and processed 134,487 tonnes with an average grade of 2.91 g/t Au and metallurgical recovery of 95.96% to produce 12,038 Oz Au. The company also reported 9,304 Oz Au sold and 3,182 Oz Au streamed. Cash and AISC per Oz Au sold and streamed were USD $1,386 and USD $ 1,670 respectively. Bear Creek recorded revenue of USD $24.3M from the sale of gold and silver; cost of goods sold of USD $14.4M; depletion and amortization of USD $11.2M; and gross loss of USD $1.3M.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported Q1, 2023 selected financial results. It reported revenues of CAD $6.78M; cost of goods sold of CAD $2.25M; net income of CAD $1.48M; cash and cash equivalents of CAD $10.2M; and working capital of CAD $19.89M.
- Minera Alamos Inc., announced a USD $25M construction financing package termsheet executed for its Cerro de Oro Gold Project, Zacatecas. The Company has signed a termsheet for a USD $15M Loan Facility and USD $10M Royalty that is expected to close on or around July 14th upon signing of definitive documentation as well as board and regulatory approvals.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced additional drilling results from Los Ricos South, within the Eagle Deposit in Jalisco. Drilling highlights include hole LRGAG-22-164 with 3.21 g/t Au and 33 g/t Ag (3.64 g/t AuEq or 273 g/t AgEq) over 22.1m, including 20.21 g/t Au and 87 g/t Ag (21.37 g/t AuEq or 1,603 g/t AgEq) over 3.2m; hole LRGAG-22-165 with 4.61 g/t Au and 780 g/t Ag (15.01 g/t AuEq or 1,126 g/t AgEq) over 50m, including 22.9 g/t Au and 4,617 g/t Ag (84.45 g/t AuEq or 6,334 g/t AgEq) over 7.8m, including 59.98 g/t Au and 11,858 g/t Ag (218 g/t AuEq or 16,357 g/t AgEq) over 2.9m, including 201 g/t Au and 31,747 g/t Ag (624.29 g/t AuEq or 46,822 g/t AgEq) over 0.8m; hole LRGAG-22-172 with 3.27 g/t Au and 124 g/t Ag (4.92 g/t AuEq or 369 g/t AgEq) over 53.8m, including 8.09 g/t Au and 193 g/t Ag (10.67 g/t AuEq or 800 g/t AgEq) over 19.4m, including 13.72 g/t Au and 289 g/t Ag (17.57 g/t AuEq or 1,318 g/t AgEq) over 5.2m; hole LRGAG-22-173 with 3.67 g/t Au and 282 g/t Ag (7.43 g/t AuEq or 557 g/t AgEq) over 40.5m, including 5.35 g/t Au and 1,267 g/t Ag (22.24 g/t AuEq or 1,668 g/t AgEq) over 4.1m, including 8.9 g/t Au and 1,879 g/t Ag (33.95 g/t AuEq or 2,546 g/t AgEq) over 1.4m, including 11.8 g/t Au and 1,430 g/t Ag (30.87 g/t AuEq or 2,315 g/t AgEq) over 1m; hole LRGAG-22-176 with 2.54 g/t Au and 120 g/t Ag (4.14 g/t AuEq or 310 g/t AgEq) over 15.9m, including 9.03 g/t Au and 627 g/t Ag (17.4 g/t AuEq or 1,305 g/t AgEq) over 1.6m; and hole LRGAG-22-177 with 1.21 g/t Au and 145 g/t Ag (3.15 g/t AuEq or 236 g/t AgEq) over 31.7m, including 3.03 g/t Au and 393 g/t Ag (8.27 g/t AuEq or 620 g/t AgEq) over 9.8m, including 10.15 g/t Au and 1,357 g/t Ag (28.25 g/t AuEq or 2,118 g/t AgEq) over 2.3m. “The Eagle Deposit adjoins the Main Deposit and represents a northern extension of the previously defined Mineral Resource Estimate in the Los Ricos South Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA).”
- Vizsla Silver Corp., reported results from five holes drilled on the recently discovered La Luisa Vein at its Panuco property in Sinaloa. Drilling highlights (true widths reported) include hole NP-23-362 with 50 g/t Ag, 0.41 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, and 2% Zn (163 g/t AgEq) over 0.8m, plus 372 g/t Ag, 5.82 g/t Au, 2.1% Pb, and 3.1% Zn (916 g/t AgEq) over 3.05m, including 1,418 g/t Ag, 21.54 g/t Au, 5.3% Pb, and 6.4% Zn (3,162 g/t AgEq) over 0.59m, plus 93 g/t Ag, 2.91 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, and 2.4% Zn (410 g/t AgEq) over 5.2m, including 283 g/t Ag, 7.4 g/t Au, 5% Pb, and 3.9% Zn (1,054 g/t AgEq) over 0.76m; hole NP-23-373 with 69 g/t Ag, 3.62 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 2.7% Zn (426 g/t AgEq) over 4.30m, including 210 g/t Ag, 8.09 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 7% Zn (1,032 g/t AgEq) over 0.77m; and hole NP-22-375 with 593 g/t Ag, 0.78 g/t Au, 2% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (734 /t AgEq) over 1.4m. “The new drill results expand the high-grade footprint at La Luisa to 350m long by 450m down dip. Additionally, surface mapping and sampling has identified a near surface exploration target located ~600m along strike to the northwest”.
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., increased by 25% its Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate at the Panuco South and North Deposits within its Zacatecas property in Zacatecas State. Updated silver Inferred Mineral Resource now consists of 0.37M tonnes of 236 g/t Ag and 0.24 g/t Au (255 g/t AgEq) for a total of 2.8M Oz Ag and 2.7K Oz Au (3M Oz AgEq) at Panuco North, and 3.04M tonnes of 166 g/t Ag and 0.17 g/t Au (179 g/t AgEq) for a total of 16.2M Oz Ag and 16.4K Oz Au (17.5M Oz AgEq) at Panuco South. Inferred Mineral Resource in both deposits are 3.41M tonnes of 173 g/t Ag and 0.18 g/t Au (187 g/t AgEq) for a total of 19M Oz Ag and 19.2K Oz Au (20.5M Oz AgEq).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Chesapeake Gold Corp., granted stock options to its former Vice President Investor Relations & Corporate Development, to purchase an aggregate of 100K common shares of the company at an exercise price of CAD $1.70 per share for a five-year term expiring May 29, 2028. The options will vest and be exercisable on the basis of 25% annually, commencing May 29, 2024, the first anniversary of the date of the grant (Metates project, Durango).
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., received approval from Mexico´s antitrust agency, the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) on May 25, 2023, for the previously announced acquisition of the La Parrilla Silver Mine Complex in Durango. Golden Tag and First Majestic Silver Corp. have amended the Asset Purchase Agreement dated December 7, 2022 to reduce Golden Tag’s minimum required financing to $7.2M from $9M.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, flow banded rhyolite in a prospect in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.