By Miguel A Heredia
During the 24th week of the year (June 14th to June 20th, 2021), at least 15 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico and 6 news published by the media, with seven reporting on resources and developments, five informing on exploration results, four commenting on Mexican issues, two announcing financial rounds, two discussing social issues, and one disclosing deals and corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Dhipna Yanssen Weichselbaum, head of the Federal Programs in Baja California explained that 12,000 people will be consulted in Mulegé to carry out the consultation of El Boleo. The Argentine Embassy in Mexico along with the Ministry of Mining of that country carried out a working seminar with the Mexican company Baluarte Minero (Industrias Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC). The consultation for the nationalization of lithium, proposed by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, is not necessary, since, it is already owned by Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Tocvan and its JV partner Colibri reported drill results from its the El Pilar project, and Tarachi started a second drilling program on its San Javier mining concession at La Colorada gold bearing breccia pipe. In Chihuahua, Mammoth reported results from an additional 1.7km of 3D geophysical modeling conducted at its Tenoriba project. In Nayarit, Sierra Madre provided an update on the activities developed at its Tepic project. ON MINING, no relevant news. ON FINANCING, Azucar granted stock options to certain directors and officers of the company (El Cobre project, Veracruz). Advance Gold closed a private placement financing for gross proceeds of $200K (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Almaden completed a surface induced polarization geophysical (IP) program at its Ixtaca project in Puebla. GoGold released results from eight drill holes collared at its Los Ricos project in Jalisco. Silver Viper filed on SEDAR a NI 43-101 technical report supporting the maiden mineral resource estimate for its La Virginia project in Sonora. Torex released an updated mineral resource estimate for its media Luna project in Guerrero. Zacatecas Silver announced positive preliminary metallurgical test results from its Zacatecas Silver property. Excellon filed on SEDAR an independent NI 43-101 technical report for its La Platosa mine in Durango. Ridgestone announced that it filed on SEDAR a NI 43-101 technical report for its Guadalupe y Calvo project in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, SilverCrest presented results of its annual general meeting of shareholders (Las Chispas project, Sonora). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles community center received population from 40 to 49 years for anticovid vaccine in Torreón. Peñoles and Fresnillo plc announced that they are training young Mexicans in seven states.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Dhipna Yanssen Weichselbaum, head of the Federal Programs in Baja California explained that 12,000 people will be consulted in Mulegé to carry out the consultation of El Boleo. the procedure will consist of 2 phases: one is the publication of the call to know the expansion of the MIA project and then the citizen consultation that will take place in the communities of Santa Rosalía and San Ignacio, among others, which are related to the El Boleo mining company.
- The Argentine Embassy in Mexico along with the Ministry of Mining of that country carried out a working seminar with the Mexican company Baluarte Minero (Industrias Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC). The group’s interest was particularly focused on the provinces of Neuquén, Rio Negro, Salta, Mendoza and San Juan, where Mexican businessmen expressed their intention to evaluate the possibility of investing in mining projects in the region. Technical experts and professionals from Baluarte Minero were informed about prospects for gold, silver, copper, potassium and lithium in Argentina.
- According to experts of the Association of Mining Engineers, Metallurgists and Geologists of Mexico (AIMMGM), the consultation for the nationalization of lithium, proposed by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador, is not necessary, since, it is already owned by Mexico. Article 27 of the constitution clearly states that all mineral deposits that are in Mexican territory are property of the Nation, so it would not be necessary to nationalize lithium.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp., and its JV partner Colibri Resource Corporation reported drill results from four RC holes collared at its the El Pilar project in Sonora. Highlights includes a drill intersection of 0.66 g/t Au over a length of 35.1m in hole JES-21-43 drilled at the Main Zone. This drill intercept includes 1.7 g/t Au over 13.7m, including 6.8 g/t Au and 7 g/t Ag over 3.1m. Tocvan is currently completing 3,500m of RC drilling in 20 holes comprising its Phase II program at Pilar. Thirteen RC holes are still pending of assay results.
- Tarachi Gold Corp., started a second drilling program on its San Javier mining concession at La Colorada gold bearing breccia pipe. The plan is to drill four holes down-dip of the breccia pipe to test the continuity of the positive results encountered from the 2020 drill program performed at the property, which returned high grade intersections.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., reported results from an additional 1.7km of 3D geophysical modeling conducted at its Tenoriba project in Chihuahua. “This additional 3D modelling shows similar strong correlation between IP/Mag geophysical features and anomalous surface gold-in-soil, chips and channel samples together with numerous gold intervals in diamond drilling and extends these coincident features over this additional 1.7Km of a total of 4km of IP/Mag coverage over a larger 6km east-west trend of surface gold-silver mineralization at Tenoriba”.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd., provided an update on the activities developed at its Tepic project in Nayarit. The company has already drilled over 80% of the 2,000m and is expected to be completed soon. This is part of the 20 RC holes panned for its phase 1 drilling program. RC drill results will be released once assaying is completed. Sierra Madre is preparing new drill permits to conduct a Phase 2 drill program for additional 100-200 holes. The company also has commenced a 2,700m Phase 1 trenching program for the central project area. It will help to provide information to consider designing the Phase 2 drill program. The company also announced that, mapping and sampling continue in the northern and eastern project areas with an emphasis on prospecting arroyos and creek beds for signs of mineralization.
- No relevant news.
- Azucar Minerals Ltd., granted stock options to certain directors and officers of the company to purchase an aggregate of 413K common shares at an exercise price of $0.13 per share which expire on June 14, 2023 (El Cobre project, Veracruz).
- Advance Gold Corp., closed a private placement financing for gross proceeds of $200K. The company plans to use the proceeds to advance their lithium-potassium boron prospective salars in central Mexico and for general corporate purposes.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., completed a surface induced polarization geophysical (IP) program at its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The IP results are being processed and combined with geological, geochemical and geophysical data collected in the past to outline drill targets beneath the Southeast Alteration Zone and at depth beneath the Ixtaca deposit.
- GoGold Resources Inc., released results from eight drill holes collared at the Casados deposit at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. The most significant drill intersection was encountered in hole LRGCS-21-043 with 0.12 g/t Au and 270 g/t Ag (3.72 g/t AuEq or 279 g/t AgEq) over 0.9m, plus 0.46 g/t Au and 135 g/t Ag (2.25 g/t AuEq or 169 g/t AgEq) over 0.46m, plus 0.43 g/t Au and 132 g/t Ag (2.19 g/t AuEq or 164 g/t AgEq) over 33.6m, including 0.88 g/t Au and 270 g/t Ag (4.48 g/t AuEq or 336 g/t AgEq) over 15.3m, including 1.78 g/t Au and 539 g/t Ag (8.97 g/t AuEq or 673 g/t AgEq) over 6.7m, including 3.77 g/t Au and 930 g/t Ag (16.17 g/t AuEq or 1,213 g/t AgEq) over 1.9m.
- Silver Viper Minerals Corp., filed on SEDAR a NI 43-101 technical report supporting the maiden mineral resource estimate for its La Virginia project in Sonora. El Rubi Zone contains an indicated resource of 6,179,000 tonnes of 0.78 g/t Au and 35 g/t Ag for 154.3K Oz Au and 6.93M Oz Ag, and inferred resources of 3,255,000 tonnes of 0.9 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag for 94.1K Oz Au and 3.75M Oz Ag in open pit category. Virginia, El Oriental, Las Huatas and Las Huatas South add and inferred resource of 6,622,000 tonnes of 0.71 g/t Au and 41 g/t Ag for 152.2K Oz Au and 8.74M Oz Ag in open pit category, and 277K tonnes of 1.92 g/t Au and 62 g/t Ag for an additional 14K Oz Au and 451.5K Oz Ag in the underground category. Gold and Silver Equivalents for Indicated resource equal 253,286 Oz AuEq or 17,730,000 Oz AgEq. Gold and Silver Equivalents for Inferred resource equal 445,176 Oz AuEq or 31,162,300 Oz AgEq.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., released an updated mineral resource estimate for its media Luna project in Guerrero. Torex reported indicated resources for 20.9M tonnes of 3.21 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, and 1.07% Cu (5.27 g/t AuEq) to contain 2.15M Oz Au, 21.3M Oz Ag, and 492M Lb Cu (3.54M Oz AuEq), and inferred resources for 18.9M tonnes of 2.11 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, and 1.04% Cu (4.08 g/t AuEq) to contain 1.28M Oz Au, 17.1M Oz Ag, and 431M Lb Cu (2.48M Oz AuEq).
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., announced positive preliminary metallurgical test results from its Zacatecas Silver property, for both bulk flotation and sequential flotation recovery options, with the bulk floatation flow-path producing a single gold, silver, lead and zinc rougher concentrate (15 minutes of floatation and 23% mass pull) with 697 g/t silver, 0.97 g/t gold, 1.67% zinc and 0.58% lead and recovering 96.2 % of the silver, 93.6% of the gold, 96.5% of the zinc and 92.1 % of the lead.
- Excellon Resources Inc., filed on SEDAR an independent NI 43-101 technical report. This technical report documents a mineral resource statement for the Platosa Mine in Durango. The company reported measured + indicated resources for 317K tonnes of 485 g/t Ag, 5.3% Pb, and 5.5% Zn to contain 4.9M Oz Ag, 36.79M Lb Pb, and 38.78M Lb Zn, and inferred resources for 42K tonnes of 749 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, and 5.4% Zn to contain 1M Oz Ag, 4M Lb Pb, and 5M Lb Zn.
- Ridgestone Mining Inc., announced that it filed on SEDAR a NI 43-101 technical report to support the maiden mineral resource estimate for its Guadalupe y Calvo project in Chihuahua. Ridgestone reported indicated resources for 6,427,444 tonnes of 50 g/t Ag and 1.05 g/t Au (1.72 g/t AuEq) to contain 10.43M Oz Ag and 217K Oz Au (356K Oz AuEq), and inferred resources for 3,074,146 tonnes of 94 g/t Ag and 3.4 g/t Au (4.65 g/t AuEq) to contain 9.3M Oz Ag and 335.6K Oz Au (460K Oz AuEq).
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., presented results of its annual general meeting of shareholders held in Vancouver, BC, Canada (Las Chispas project, Sonora).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Industrias Peñoles S.A.B. de C.V., community center received population from 40 to 49 years and pregnant women of more than nine weeks of gestation for anticovid vaccine in Torreón. The inoculation is carried out by personnel of the General Hospital of the Zone from the Mexican Social Security Institute # 18 (IMSS) as well as nurses from said mining company.
- Industrias Peñoles S.A.B. de C.V., and Fresnillo plc announced that they are training young Mexicans in seven states. Both companies recognize that education plays an important role in people’s lives, because it provides them with new tools that contribute to improve their quality of life. In this sense, they teach specialized courses for girls, children and young people in various areas such as science, technology, engineering, human development, health, entrepreneurship and children’s literacy, among others.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a quartz vein-bx in a low sulphidation epithermal system in a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.