VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwired – Oct. 16, 2017) – Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. (NYSE:FSM)(TSX:FVI) is pleased to announce third quarter 2017 production results from its two operating mines in Latin America, the San Jose Mine in Mexico and the Caylloma Mine in Peru. The Company produced 2.0 million ounces of silver and 13,412 ounces of gold, plus base metal by-products. Silver and gold production for the first nine months totaled 6.2 million ounces and 41,158 ounces respectively; being 2 percent and 5 percent above the Company’s nine month projection. Fortuna is on schedule to produce 8.1 million ounces of silver and 52.4 thousand ounces of gold or 11.2 million Ag Eq1ounces in 2017 (see Fortuna news release dated January 11, 2017).
Third Quarter Production Highlights
- Silver production of 2,009,362 ounces; 4 % decrease over Q3 2016
- Gold production of 13,412 ounces; 5 % decrease over Q3 2016
- Lead production of 7,650,040 pounds; 3 % increase over Q3 2016
- Zinc production of 11,241,371 pounds; 6 % increase over Q3 2016
- Cash cost2 for San Jose is US$62.2/t
- Cash cost2 for Caylloma is US$76.0/t