On the first week of May Riverside Resources, Yamana Gold and Kootenay Silver announced work on their properties, while Fresnillo PLC detailed its exploration budget for the year. Santacruz Silver released year end results, while Yamana Gold, McEwen Mining and Great Panther released results for the first quarter. Fund raising and deals are picking steam, with five companies, Colibri Resource, Golden Minerals, Millrock Resources, Bowmore Explorations and Endeavour Silver announcing private and at the market offerings that sum over 48 million; during the same period six companies announced deals that range from outright acquisition and option agreements to property swaps for debts, these companies are McEwen Mining, Aurcana Corp, Santacruz Silver Mining, Minera Alamos and Arian Silver corp.
- Riverside Resources Inc. has completed several exploration campaigns on the Glor property, in Sonora. Including detailed geologic and alteration mapping, rockchip and channel assays, an orientation ground magnetic survey and a soil sampling survey on part of the property.
- Fresnillo PLC. is to invest $135 million in exploration in 2016, $16 million less than in 2015.
- Yamana Gold Inc. continues exploration near to mining operation at its Mercedes mine in Sonora, having completed 440 m of drilling in March, assays pending.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. announced exploration results on La Soledad Zone, part of La Cigarra project in Chihuahua. The results from 70 rock samples are mineralized with silver and lead, with results of up to 252 g/t Ag and 20% Pb across 1.2 meters.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. released its year-end 2015 results, which include the production of 832 K Oz AgEq from the processing of 79 K tonnes of ore. Cash Cost per AgEq ounce was $12.62 and All-in Sustaining Cost per AgEq Oz of $16.98.
- Torex Gold. Officially opens production at its Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero.
- Yamana Gold Inc. released first quarter results for 2016, which include 24.3K Oz Au and 124.6 K Oz Ag from its Mercedes mine in Sonora. That production was achieved at cash cost $635 per ounce of gold and $8.24 per ounce of silver.
- McEwen Mining Inc. released first quarter 2016 results, which include the production of 20.1 K Oz AuEq from its El Gallo mine in Sinaloa. The exploration budget for 2016 is $2.6 million.
- Great Panther Silver Ltd. reported financial results for the first quarter of 2016. The company operates the Topia mine in Durango, the San Ignacio mine and the Guanajuato Mine Complex in Guanajuato. The company produced 539 K Oz Ag and 5.6 K Oz Au from the processing of 88.6 K tonnes of ore from these mines, at cash cost US $4.20 and a AISC US $9.25.
- Colibri Resource Corp. closed its private placement for total proceeds of up to $80,000.
- Golden Minerals Co. has announced a $4 million registered direct offering with institutional investors, to be used in the exploration of the projects San Luis del Cordero in Durango and Santa Maria in Chihuahua.
- Millrock Resources Inc. is planning to raise up to $3.5 million through a non-brokered private placement.
- Bowmore Explorations Ltd. has received conditional regulatory approval for the non-brokered private placement for total gross proceeds of up to $750 K.
- Endeavour SilverCorp. Announced At-The-Market Offering of up to US $40 million, to be used in the in exploration and development of its Terroneras project in Jalisco, and underground development at its Guanacevi mine in Durango.
- McEwen Mining Inc. informed the purchase from Almadex Minerals Ltd. of “El Encuentro” property for US250 K and a 2.0% NSR. The “El Encuentro property is located 10 km from McEwen’s operating “El Gallo” gold-silver mine in Sinaloa.
- Aurcana Corp. transferred the company’s interest in the “La Negra” mine, located in Queretaro, to Orion Mine Finance, settling the outstanding debt to the latter.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. entered an option agreement to acquire from Golden Minerals Co. several claims in the Zacatecas mining district.
- Minera Alamos Inc. announced the closing of the acquisition of the La Fortuna gold project in Durango, from Argonaut Gold Inc.
- Arian Silver Corp. has secured the exclusive right to evaluate the Nochebuena tailings project (~100 K Oz Au, 1.7 M Oz Ag) for 4 more months, at a price tag of $25 K.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, A silicified breccia in a low angle fault zone related to the Puerta del Sol core complex in Sonora.