By Jorge Cirett
During the 29th week of the year (July 19th to July 25th, 2021), at least 19 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. To note, two companies posted exploration advances on their properties, two on quarterly reports and one in reopening plans, two on financing news, five more on project development or resource definition and two posted on deals or corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, in Sonora, Silver Spruce added a second rig to Drilling at El Diamante. In Chihuahua, Mammoth Resources informed on drill targeting at Tenoriba. ON MINING, Fortuna Silver and Excellon Resources released Q2 2021 reports. Americas Gold and Silver updated on the re-opening plan at its Cosalá operations. ON FINANCING, Altaley Mining executed a 12 M loan agreement for the development of Tahuehueto. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mexican Gold Mining continues work on Cerro Las Minitas PEA. Sonoro Gold released results from surface rock chip sampling at Cerro Caliche. Southern Silver Exploration reported diamond drill results from Cerro Las Minitas. GoGold Resources released drilling results from Los Ricos North. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sierra Madre Gold and Silver signed an option agreement on the acquisition of the La Tigra project in Nayarit. Vizsla Silver is to exercise the option to acquire 100% of the Panuco-Copala district in Sinaloa. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on the several projects that the companies provide for the education of young people on several areas of Mexico, especially in digital platforms. Conalep and the New Mexico Institute of Mining signed an agreement to enhance the learning of students across the borders.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Mammoth Resources Corp. informed on drill targeting activities at Tenoriba, in Chihuahua. “The Company has extended drill targets an additional 1.7 kilometres (km), for a total of over 4.0 km from its previously announced initial 2.4 km of the 3-dimensional (3D) modelling of its infill, Induced Polarization/Magnetometer (IP/Mag) geophysical survey”. Work in the project by previous operators, Mammoth and Centerra includes over 6,000 soil samples, more than 750 rock chip samples, 151 m of surface channel samples, 26 diamond drill holes, IP and magnetic geophysical surveys, mapping, and spectral identification of alteration minerals.
- Silver Spruce Resources Inc. is to continue its phase 1 reverse circulation drilling at El Mezquite in Sonora. Seven holes have been already completed, and a second rig has been added to the property to complete the 2,475 m of drilling. “The Phase 1 RC program comprises 20 holes with a combined depth of 2,475 metres (950 metres completed) and will utilize eight drill pad locations focused around a 400m x 600m area with elevated precious metal values to 3.41 g/t Au and 387 g/t Ag”.
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. reported production results for the second quarter 2021. At its San José mine in Oaxaca, 1.62 M Oz Ag, 10,266 Oz Au were produced from ore averaging 205 gpt Ag, 1.30 gpt Au. Production and cost guidance for 2021 is 5.8-6.5 M Oz Ag, 38-42 K Oz Au at an AISC of US$12.2-14.5 per Oz AgEq.
- Excellon Resources Inc. announced Q2 2021 production results from its Platosa mine in Durango. A total of 21.8 K tonnes were mined, and 21.6 K tonnes were milled @ 489 gpt Ag, 5.14% Pb, 6.48% Zn, recovering 87.0% Ag, 78.6% Pb, 79.4% Zn, to produce 296 K Oz Ag, 1.93 M Lb Pb, 2.46 M Lb Zn.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corp. provided an update on the re-opening plan of its Cosalá operations in Sinaloa. The Company and Government Labour inspectors jointly visited the mine and mill and both appear in good condition. “Mexican government inspectors from the Mexican Ministry of Labour will be in Cosalá this week to review the re‐start plans, which will allow the Company to begin recalling employees immediately following the completion of the inspection assuming compliance with the terms of the July 6, 2021 agreement“. The company expects the mine and the mill to be operating by the end of July, and the operation also has 70 K tonnes of ore stockpiled and ready to process.
- Altaley Mining Corp. executed a US$12 M loan facility agreement with Accendo Banco S.A. Institución de Banca Múltiple, to complete the final part of it’s previously announced US$25 M Accendo syndicate funding plan to complete the construction and ramp-up of its Tahuehueto project in Durango (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- Zacatecas Silver Corp. announced that its common shares are eligible for electronic clearing and settlement through the Depositary Trust Co. in the United States. “DTC is a subsidiary of the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation, a U.S. company that manages the electronic clearing and settlement of publicly traded companies. Securities that are eligible to be electronically cleared and settled through DTC are considered to be “DTC eligible” (Zacatecas Silver, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp. announced work continues to produce the PEA on its Las Minas project in Veracruz, within three weeks.
- Sonoro Gold Corp. reported assay results from surface sampling at its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora. With 1,292 soil and rock samples collected, a 600 m southern extension and a 750 m extension were confirmed on the El Colorado-La Ventana and the Buena Suerte-San Quintin corridors, with 23.7 m @ 1.7 gpt Au (including 5.5 m @ 6.0 gpt Au) in the former and 52.6 m @ 0.2 gpt Au in the latter.
- Southern Silver Exploration Corp. reported diamond hole drilling results from its Cerro Las Minitas project in Durango. Highlighted true width intervals comprise 1.4 m @ 719 gpt Ag, 14.2% Pb, 16.0% Zn; 0.4 m @ 541 gpt Ag, 0.1 gpt Au, 8.8% Pb, 4.0% Zn in the South Skarn target, and 0.5 m @ 452 gpt Ag, 0.5 gpt Au, 2.8% Pb, 0.6% Zn; 0.5 m @ 312 gpt Ag, 0.12 gpt Au, 2.8% Pb, 0.6% Zn in the Huizache chimney in the Mina La Bocona area. “Current modelling has identified three panels of mineralization at the South Skarn target, the largest of which can now be traced laterally for approximately 400 metres and up to 580 metres down-dip”.
- GoGold Resources Inc. released results of eight diamond drill holes from El Orito area in the Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 41.2 m @ 10 gpt Ag, 0.01 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu, 0.3% Pb, 2.0% Zn; 33.3 m @ 19 gpt Ag, 0.03 gpt Au, 0.08% Cu, 1.1% Pb, 1.7% Zn; 13.0 m @ 30 gpt Ag, 0.02 gpt Au, 0.22% Cu, 0.3% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 3.0 m @ 19 gpt Ag, 0.02 gpt Au, 0.34% Cu, 1.3% Pb, 1.6% Zn; 18.0 m @ 51 gpt Ag, 0.09 gpt Au, 0.06% Cu, 0.4% Pb (including 1.9 m @ 230 gpt Ag, 0.34 gpt Au, 0.23% Cu, 1.0% Pb; 54.3 m @ 97 gpt Ag, 0.12 gpt Au, 0.70% Cu, 2.9% Pb, 5.4% Zn; 38.1 m @ 32 gpt Ag, 0.03 gpt Au, 0.17% Cu, 1.9% Pb, 2.7% Zn; 69.1 m @ 26 gpt Ag, 0.05 gpt Au, 0.14% Cu, 1.0% Pb, 1.6% Zn (including 4.0 m @ 149 gpt Ag, 0.25 gpt Au, 0.70% Cu, 3.2% Pb, 6.9% Zn). “The holes that the Company has drilled to date at El Orito have shown mineralization averaging approximately 30m in width for more than 700m in strike length and up to approximately 300m in vertical depth from surface and is open in all directions”.
- Minera Alamos Inc. informed that its Santana project in Sonora continues to advance as programmed despite the above average rainfall to date in the area. The press release describes all the progress in leach solution systems, overliner placement, crushing and screening, grade procedures and mining.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd. Entered into a purchase agreement with an option to joint venture with Industrial Minera México S.A. de C.V. (IMMSA) for the 357 ha. La Tigra project in Nayarit, 150 km north of its flagship’s Tepic project. The agreement involves payment of US$1.5 M over three years, with Sierra Madre obliged to produce a 43-101 technical report before the end of the period. IMMSA holds a 2.5% NSR royalty of which Sierra Madre can acquire 1.5% for US$1.5 M.
- Vizsla Silver Corp. signed a binding agreement with Minera Rio Panuco S.A. de C.V. and executed a binding option exercise notice with Silverstone Resources which together constitute the acceleration and exercise of the option to acquire 100% of the Panuco-Copala district in Sinaloa. Vizsla has to pay $US4.25 M upon signing, issue US$12 M in Vizsla shares before August 10, 2021; and make a cash payment of $US6.1 M before February 2022.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Peñoles and Fresnillo PLC informed on the several projects that the companies support provide for the education of young people on several areas of Mexico, especially in digital platforms.
- Conalep (Colegio Nacional de Estudios Profesionales y Tecnicos) and the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology signed an agreement to enhance the learning of Mexican and American students.
On the image below: Intense quartz veining in a granitic intrusive rock in Sinaloa. Picture by Jorge Cirett.