COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced preliminary silver and gold production results1 for the third quarter of 2017.
THIRD QUARTER 2017 HIGHLIGHTS (Preliminary Results)
- Silver production of 3.3 million ounces and gold production of 63,046 ounces, the second highest level since 2003.
- Silver equivalent production of 11.1 million ounces, the highest equivalent production quarter this year.2
- Lead production of 5,368 tons; zinc production of 14,498 tons.
- Record gold production and monthly throughput (September) at Casa Berardi since its acquisition.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of approximately $205 million at September 30, 2017, an increase of about $3 million over the second quarter of 2017.
“Operational performance was exceptional in the third quarter with record throughputs at Greens Creek and in September at Casa Berardi. San Sebastian continues to operate at the upper end of our expectations with the highest quarterly silver production of the year so far. The mines’ performance has led to substantial increases in production of all four metals over the second quarter and puts us well on our way to achieving their production guidance and improving per-ounce cost performance,” said Phillips S. Baker, Jr., Hecla’s President and CEO. “With operating performance and substantially higher zinc and lead prices, our cash position is $7 million greater than at the end of the year.”