VANCOUVER, Oct. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – GREAT PANTHER SILVER LIMITED (TSX: GPR; NYSE MKT: GPL) (“Great Panther”; the “Company”) announces production results for the third quarter (“Q3”) 2017 from its two wholly-owned Mexican silver mining operations: the Topia Mine in Durango and the Guanajuato Mine Complex (“GMC”), which includes the San Ignacio Mine.
Third Quarter 2017 Production Highlights (Compared to Third Quarter 2016)
- Consolidated metal production increased 13% to 1,080,483 silver equivalent ounces (“Ag eq oz”)
- Silver production increased 4% to 532,803 silver ounces (“Ag oz”)
- Gold production increased 8% to 5,848 gold ounces (“Au oz”)
- Lead and zinc production increased 78% and 74%, respectively
- Ore processed decreased 1%, with 94,080 tonnes milled
“Great Panther delivered good production results in the third quarter. The results are consistent with the previous quarter and fall in line with the Company’s annual guidance”, stated James Bannantine, President & CEO. “The increase in gold production compared to the second quarter 2017 is a direct result of the improved gold grades and recoveries.”