September 18, 2017, Vancouver, BC – Alio Gold Inc. (TSX, NYSE AMERICAN: ALO) (“Alio Gold” or the “Company”), is pleased to announce the board of directors has formally approved an underground exploration decline (“decline”) and exploration program at its high grade, high margin Ana Paula Project located in Guerrero, Mexico. The Company also received the authorization to start construction of the decline from SEMARNAT (Mexico’s Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources).
- Initiating a $16 million underground decline and exploration program
- Exploring the extension of the high-grade breccia mineralization and skarn target
- Permitting of the decline approved by SEMARNAT
- Receiving detailed bid proposals from contract miners during September 2017
- Mobilizing of the contractor expected to commence in October 2017
- Initiating an additional $1.8 million surface exploration program targeting a zone north of the proposed pit
- Drilling underway to twin 11 holes (2,000 metres) for metallurgical testing