VANCOUVER, BC – March 5, 2020 – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce metallurgical test results with increased precious metal recoveries and enhanced process design changes for the ongoing Feasibility Study (“FS”) at the Las Chispas Property (“Las Chispas”) located in Sonora, Mexico. After nine months of extensive further metallurgical test work involving all veins in the current resource and multiple metallurgical domains, the results show an increase of recoveries to 96.1% gold (“Au”) and 93.9% silver (“Ag”), or 95.0% silver equivalent (“AgEq”); based on a ratio of 75 (Ag): 1(Au), with average metallurgical recoveries of 95% Au and 90% Ag. These results represent an increased recovery of 3.4% AgEq over the previous metallurgical test results, as presented in the Technical Report and Preliminary Economic Assessment for the Las Chispas Property, Sonora, Mexico, dated effective May 15, 2019, as amended July 19, 2019 (“PEA”), of 94.4% Au and 89.9% Ag, or 91.6% AgEq.
TORONTO, Feb. 3, 2020 /CNW/ – Argonaut Gold Inc.(TSX: AR) (the “Company”, “Argonaut Gold” or “Argonaut”) confirms the filing of the Technical Report for the Pre-Feasibility Study (see press release dated December 18, 2019) in relation to its Cerro del Gallo project in Guanajuato, Mexico, pursuant to National Instrument 43-101 of the Canadian Securities Administrators.
TORONTO, Dec. 18, 2019 /CNW/ – Argonaut Gold Inc.(TSX: AR) (the “Company”, “Argonaut Gold” or “Argonaut”) is pleased to announce the results of a pre-feasibility study (“PFS”) for its 100% owned Cerro del Gallo project (“CDG” or the “Project”) located 30 kilometres east of Guanajuato City, Guanajuato, Mexico. The National Instrument 43-101 Technical Report will be filed and available within 45 days on www.sedar.com and the Company’s website at www.argonautgold.com. All dollar amounts are expressed in United States dollars, unless otherwise specified.
VANCOUVER, BC – June 25, 2019 – Orla Mining Ltd. (TSX: OLA) (“Orla” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide the results of a positive Feasibility Study along with Orla’s first mineral reserve estimate on its 100%-owned Camino Rojo Oxide Project located in Zacatecas, Mexico. The Feasibility Study supports a technically simple open-pit mine and heap-leach operation with low capital and operating costs providing rapid payback and a strong financial return.
Bacanora Lithium Plc, the London traded lithium company, is pleased to announce the results of the NI 43-101 Feasibility Study (‘FS’) for the Zinnwald Lithium Project in Germany (‘Zinnwald’ or ‘the Project’) which confirm the positive economics and favourable operating costs for the production of 5,112 tonnes per annum (‘tpa’) (~7,285 tpa LCE) of battery grade Lithium Fluoride (‘LiF’), a high value, downstream product used in the manufacture of lithium battery electrolytes for the European electric vehicle industry. With a long life of project of 30 years, the FS estimates a pre-tax project Net Present Value (‘NPV’) of €428 million (8% discount rate); an Internal Rate of Return (‘IRR’) of 27.4%; favourable Life of Mine (‘LOM’) operating costs and a 46% EBITDA operating profit margin.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Oct. 04, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Almaden Minerals Ltd. (“Almaden” or “the Company”; TSX: AMM; NYSE American: AAU) is pleased to report that dismantling of the Rock Creek mill was completed in August, and the mill components have since been cleaned, crated and packed to ensure safe storage near the port of Nome, Alaska. The Rock Creek mill is now fully owned by Almaden and ready for anticipated shipping to Mexico in 2019. This work has been completed by Dynamic Engineering Services Ltd. (Dynamic) on time and on budget. Dynamic are specialists in dismantling, moving and reassembling large industrial sites including mills. Photos and a video of the 2018 work program in Nome will be posted to Almaden’s website.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 19, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK, TSX: EDR) reports that infill drilling within the Terronera vein system on the Terronera property in Jalisco State, Mexico (view Terronera map here) has intersected high grade silver-gold mineralization in an additional 17 drill holes.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE: EXK, TSX: EDR) has completed an updated Pre-Feasibility Study (“2018 PFS”) for its Terronera mine project located 40 kilometres northeast of Puerto Vallarta in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. The 2018 Updated PFS report and the updated Mineral Resource and Reserve Estimates were prepared in compliance with National Instrument 43-101 (NI 43-101) and will be filed on SEDAR and EDGAR within 45 days of this news release. All currency references herein are in US$.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 34th week of the year (August 20th to August 26th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Aztec Minerals, Discovery Metals, and SilverCrest Metals released advances in exploration. Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver Mining released its Q2 2018 results. SilverCrest Metals, Silver Bull, Avino Silver and Prize Mining reported news on financing. Azure Minerals reported advances on the PEA and new drilling of one of its projects. ON MEXICO ISSUES, The Mexican Core Shack now counts with displays from three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals released results from surface sampling along drill roads on its Cervantes project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals released results from underground sampling at its Puerto Rico project. ON MINING Grupo Mexico and Santacruz Silver released its Q2 2018 reports. Grupo Mexico is to re-open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Silver Bull and Prize Mining closed final tranches of financing for gross proceeds of US$3.79 M and $7.62 M respectively. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure Minerals is advancing the PEA on its Oposura property in Sonora, and announcing a new drilling campaign. SilverCrest released more drilling results from its Las Chispas project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold announced several changes in senior management, as well as at its corporate head office in Vancouver, related to the recent focus on its operating mines.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Mexican Core Shack added images of drill core from SGM’s Las Granadas project in Estado de Mexico, at https://gambusinoprospector.com/mexican-core-shack/estado-de-mexico/las-granadas/. The Mexican Core Shack now displays three properties in Chihuahua, two in Durango and two in Estado de Mexico.
- Aztec Minerals Corp. released surface sampling results from the California prospect within its Cervantes project in Sonora. The rock chip channel samples were collected along drill roads, returning 75 m @ 0.11 g/t Au; 222 m @ 0.47 g/t Au; 84 m @ 0.40 g/t Au; 183 m @ 0.32 g/t Au; 81 m @ 0.53 g/t Au; 33 m @ 0.26 g/t Au; 111 m @ 0.02 g/t Au. Aztec’s CAD$182 K phase 2 exploration program “of geological mapping, rock, soil and sediment sampling and airborne magnetic and radiometric surveys is focused on better defining additional drill targets” on the 3,649 hectares property. Soil surveys highlight strong gold anomalies at the California north, Purisima East, Purisima West and Jacob soil grids, with individual samples returning up to 3.3 g/t Au. The Cervantes property is held under an option to purchase agreement with Kootenay Silver Inc.
- Discovery Metals Corp. reported the second batch of underground channel sampling results from the San Jose mine at its Puerto Rico project in Coahuila. “San Jose contains approximately 630m of underground drifts and stopes over four levels (from bottom to top: the Chuyon, Haulage, Rope and Upper levels) that span an approximate vertical extent of 50m and cover a horizontal extent of approximately 80m by 80m. All four levels host strongly mineralized mantos, chimneys and faults. Channel samples were collected at 3-5m intervals along both sides of the entire length of the developed workings”. Individual samples are as high as 1.2 m @ 10 g/t Ag, 46.2% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 0.2% Cu; 0.7 m @ 154 g/t Ag, 38.2% Zn, 0.6% Pb, 0.1% Cu; 1.0 m @ 18 g/t Ag, 30.2% Zn, 0.1% Pb, 2.6% Cu; 1.0 m @ 445 g/t Ag, 3.5% Zn, 26.3% Pb, 0.6% Cu.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported operating results from the Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and the Rosario project in San Luis Potosi, for the second quarter 2018. At Veta Grande, 52 K tonnes @ 70 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 1.14% Zn, 0.41% Pb (161 g/t AgEq) were processed, with a 45% Ag recovery, to produce 36.7 K Oz Ag, 59 Oz Au, 111 tonnes Pb, 164 tonnes Zn. At Rosario, 15.4 K tonnes @ 44 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 2.54% Zn, 0.23% Pb (212 g/t AgEq) were processed, with 89% Ag recovery, to produce 19.4 K Oz Ag, 84 Oz Au, 31 tonnes Pb, 344 tonnes Zn.
- Grupo México is to re–open its San Martin mine in Zacatecas, with an investment of US$77 M. The mine was closed eleven years ago due to a labor dispute with the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores Mineros, led by Napoleon Gomez Urrutia. The mine workers have now changed to the Sindicato Nacional de Trabajadores de la Exploración, Explotación y Beneficio en Minas de la República Mexicana, ending the closure by strike of the mine. The mine is to have a 32 years life span, creating directly 600 jobs and indirectly 3,000 more.
- Grupo México reported its second quarter 2018 results. During the period sales increased 19%, while the EBITDA rose to US$1,316 M, and capital investments rose to US$434 M.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. has been approved to list its common shares on the New York Stock Exchange (Las Chispas, Sonora).
- Silver Bull Resources Inc. completed the second and final tranche of its previously announced private placement, for aggregate gross proceeds of USD$957.5 K. Under the first tranche of the private placement Silver Bull accrued USD$2.831 M (Sierra Mojada, Coahuila).
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd- filed a shelf registration statement on Form F-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), that is to allow the company to raise up to US$25 M (Avino, Durango).
- Prize Mining Corp. closed the third and final tranche of the recently announced non-brokered private placement, raising $500 K and taking the total aggregate of gross proceeds to $7.62 M (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Ltd. announced that the preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Oposura project in Sonora remains on track to be reported in the third quarter of 2018. The study envisions open pit and room and pillar underground extraction. The resource includes 2.1 Mt (tonnes) @5.3% Zn, 2.9% Pb, 17.2 g/t Ag in the indicated category and 0.8 Mt @ 4.3% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 16.5 g/t Ag in the inferred category.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced new drill results from the Granaditas vein and the new Granaditas Dos vein at its Las Chispas property in Sonora. These veins are approximately 40 m apart and may intersect to the southeast. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts include 1.2 m @ 5.6 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 4.2 g/t Au, 229 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 3.10 g/t Au, 4.0 g/t Ag in the Granaditas vein, 0.5 m @ 1.8 g/t Au, 149 g/t Ag; 0.4 m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 421 g/t Ag; 2.9 m @ 294 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 1.2 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag in the Granaditas Dos vein and 0.9 m @ 1.0 g/t Au, 82 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 2.5 g/t Au, 799 g/t Ag in an unnamed vein. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Vein currently measures approximately 200 m long by 200 m high and is open in most directions. The high-grade footprint in the Granaditas Dos (2) Vein currently measures approximately 100 m long by 100 m high and is open in most directions.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. recommenced drilling at its Oposura project in Sonora. This campaign is focused on infill drilling and more widely spaced resource extensional drilling.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. announced changes related to the recent focus on its operating mines San Francisco in Sonora and Florida Canyon in Nevada, which include the previously announced temporary suspension of exploration and development at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero, and the here stated termination of the Vice-president of project development Project Manager and the Chief Executive Officer. “The Company has also taken steps to reduce costs at the Ana Paula project site in Mexico while maintaining a level of local employment and community engagement…..the Company has also implemented a number of changes at its corporate office in Vancouver which in total are expected to reduce the corporate overhead by approximately $1.2 million over the next 12 months.“
- Defiance Silver Corp. renegotiated and extended the terms of its San Acacio Project option agreement. “The project vendor has agreed to postpone a substantial amount of the payments due in 2018 to September 27, 2020. As a result, Defiance will be making four quarterly payments of US$226,900 totaling US$907,600 in year one and four quarterly payments of US$250,000 totaling US$1,000,000 in year two with the final option payment due September 2020.”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, the silicified and alunite bearing ridge beyond the farming fields is interpreted as the water table interface in a shallow epithermal system, in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Endeavour Silver Corp. (NYSE:EXK) (TSX:EDR) provides herein an update on its Terronera silver-gold mine project, located in Jalisco state, Mexico. Since the release of the initial Pre-Feasibility Study (“PFS”) one year ago (see Endeavour News Release dated April 3, 2017), Endeavour has conducted a number of engineering trade-off studies to refine the operating parameters and optimize the economic performance of the project.