Cockade and quartz blade textures
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 34th week of the year (August 23th to August 29th, 2021), at least 14 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico and 2 news published by the media, with six reporting resources and developments of their properties, five informing on exploration results, two discussing social issues, one communicating production and financial results, one announcing financial topics, and one disclosing deal and corporate issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Benjamin Hill confirmed the presence of gold and copper mineralization at depth at its Sonora Gold project, and Tocvan provided an update of its phase II drilling program at El Pilar project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay informed about the discovery of a potential new high-grade zone at its Columba project. In Sinaloa, Vizsla announced that it has resumed drilling at its flagship Panuco project and released new exploration drill results from the step-out drilling at the Napoleon Corridor. ON MINING, Mexus Gold announced that the activated carbon system at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is working as planned to produce gold. ON FINANCING, Alamos Gold declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.025 per common share and announced it repurchased 600K shares at a cost of USD $4.5M (Mulatos mine, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery presented Q2, 2021 financial results and provided an update of key activities for its flagship Cordero project in Chihuahua. Fabled reported drill results from its newly upgraded 14,200m drilling program at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua and informed that one hole intersected multiple mineralized sheeted vein structure over a true width of 150m. GoGold released results from six holes drilled at El Orito Zone at its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco and reported the completion of an IP survey to map out the sulphide rich zone along strike and dip. Golden Tag finished a geological interpretation program in partnership with Orix Geoscience at its San Diego project located in Durango. GR Silver completed an initial resource estimate at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Bacanora Lithium provided an update on the litigation with the Estate of Colin Orr-Ewing in regard to its challenge to the validity of the lithium royalty over the Sonora Lithium Project. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Grupo Mexico Foundation supports reforestation of protected natural areas in the country. La Cantera Desarrollos Mineros provided financial support for the construction of a medical appointment center in the community of Ojo de Agua in Guanajuato.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No relevant news.
- Benjamin Hill Mining Corp (BHM), confirmed the presence of gold and copper mineralization at depth from channel samples collected underground in the Guadalupe and Cascabel adits at its Sonora Gold project. Highlights of the underground samples collected over 2m intervals in the Guadalupe adit include 9.6 g/t Au and 0.5% Cu; 8.4 g/t Au and 0.3% Cu; 0.4 g/t Au and 4.3% Cu; 0.3 g/t Au and 3.5% Cu; and 0.2 g/t Au and 2.1% Cu. Highlights of the underground samples collected over 1.5m interval in the Cascabel adit include 7.7 g/t Au and 0.4% Cu; 2.2 g/t Au and 0.4% Cu; 2.2 g/t Au and 0.7% Cu; 1.5 g/t Au and 2.9% Cu ; 1.3 g/t Au and 2.5% Cu; and 0.8 g/t Au and 2.4% Cu. Highlights of composites of channel samples from the underground sampling were calculated and include 1.54 g/t Au, 0.41% Cu, and 27 g/t Ag over 14m; 1.82 g/t Au, 0.88% Cu, and 44 g/t Ag over 7.5m; and 0.83 g/t Au, 0.38% Cu, and 19 g/t Ag over 7.5m. “The results of the underground sampling program proves that surface gold and copper mineralization extends to depth and supports BHM´s model of a copper-gold epithermal system. BHM geologists have previously mapped copper-gold mineralized structures over 8km cumulative length often attaining widths of 10´s of meters. The results of the adits sampling work supports the rational that the mineralized structures are drill ready targets”.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp., provided an update from its phase II drilling program at El Pilar project in Sonora. The company drilled 3,500m in 20 RC holes and reported that it was successful in three key target areas: The Main Zone expansion with 30m to the northwest and a total of 150m to the southeast. The most significant results was encountered in hole JES-21-38 which intersected 0.71 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (0.73 g/t AuEq) over 29m, including 2.6 g/t Au over 3.1m, including 1.9 g/t Au over 6.1m, and 0.56 g/t Au over 24.4m; the 4 Trench Zone, where it defined a new mineralized trend over 500m strike, parallel to the Main Zone. The most significant drill intersect was encountered in hole JES-21-53 with 1.1 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag, including 2.4 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 4.6m, including 4.6 g7t Au and 3 g7t Ag over 1.5m; and the Triple Vein Zone where one hole drilled intersected a narrow silver-rich zone with gold. Hole JES-21-56 intersected 0.57 g/t Au and 139 g/t Ag over 1.5m.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., informed that it has completed its Phase 3 drilling program which consisted of 12 holes and announced the discovery of a potential new high-grade zone at its Columba project in Chihuahua. Hole CDH-21-101 intersected 459 g/t Ag over 1.6m, including 1,190 g/t Ag over 0.5m and 127 g/t Ag over 1.1m. The company is planning to design a drill program to drill test this new area with high grade silver potential.
- Vizsla Silver Corp., announced that it has resumed drilling at its flagship Panuco project in Sinaloa due to an increase of COVID-19 risk in the local community. The company expects to return to full capacity with ten rigs running at the project. Vizsla also reported new exploration drill results from the ongoing step-out drilling at the Napoleon Vein Corridor. Highlights of the ongoing drilling on Napoleon North and South include hole NP-21-170 collared at Papayo Zone with 825 g/t Ag, 7.95 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 1.4% Zn (1,564 g/t AgEq) over 11.4m including 11,431 g/t Ag, 100.5 g/ t Au, 3.6% Pb, and 9.9% Zn (20,413 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m on Josephine Vein, and 104 g/t Ag, 1.25 g/t Au, 2.2% Pb, and 5% Zn (382 g/t AgEq) over 3.3m on Napoleon Vein; hole NP-21-150 collared at Ojo de Agua Zone with 34 g/t Ag and 3.95 g/t Au, (401 g/t AgEq) over 2.9m; and hole NP-21-153 with 55 g/t Ag and 6.87 g/t Au (697 g/t AgEq) over 1.7m. Drilling has currently extended the mineralized footprint for over 2.5Km along the Napoleon Vein Corridor.
- Mexus Gold US announced that the activated carbon system at its Santa Elena mine in Sonora is working as planned to produce gold. “Mexus is enlarging the heap leach pad and has purchased the liner and seaming equipment to complete the job. Increasing the pad will allow Mexus to run 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 12 liters per second representing a 110% increase over current flows”.
- Alamos Gold Inc., declared quarterly dividends of USD $0.025 per common share and announced it repurchased 600K shares at a cost of USD $4.5M or USD $7.50 per share, under its Normal Course Issuer Bid thus far in August. The dividend is payable on September 30, 2021 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on September 16, 2021. (Mulatos mine, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Silver Corp., presented Q2, 2021 financial results and provided an update of key activities for its flagship Cordero project in Chihuahua. The company reported cash and cash equivalents and short term investment balance of CAD $88M. The Company’s cash position as of the date of this release is approximately CAD $84M. Discovery also reported results from its ongoing Phase 2 drilling campaign focused on reserve definition, resource expansion and high-grade vein delineation. Highlights of the reserve definition and resource expansion program include hole C21-481 with 75 g/t Ag, 0.45 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 1% Zn (194 g/t AgEq) over 217.3m, including 99 g/t Ag, 0.54 g/t Au, 1.5% Pb, and 1.4% Zn (260 g/t AgEq) over 81.9m; hole C21-479 with 78 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 1.7% Pb, and 2.8% Zn (260 g/t AgEq) over 132.6m, including 110 g/t Ag, 0.1 g/t Au, 2.4% Pb, and 5.9% Zn (448 g/t AgEq) over 46.3m, and 194 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 4.2% Pb, and 9.6% Zn (748 g/t AgEq) over 21.5m; hole C21-476 with 51 g/t Ag, 0.09 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 2.2% Zn (192 g/t AgEq) over 86.2m, including 97 g7t Ag, 0.16 g7t Au, 2.3% Pb, and 4.3% Zn (372 g/t AgEq) over 36.5m; hole C21-417 with 69 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, and 3.7% Zn (258 g/t AgEq) over 65.9m; and hole C20-405 with 65 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 1.2% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (165 g/t AgEq) over 128.2m, including 109 g/t Ag, 0.06% Au, 2% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (263 g/t AgEq) over 26.1m. Results from this bulk-tonnage drilling “has expanded the higher-grade bulk-tonnage domain by more than 250 m northeast, along strike in the South Corridor. This domain has now been defined over a strike length of approximately 1.4 km and drilled to a depth of 500 m and remains open below this”. Highlights from the high grade vein drilling on Josefina Vein Trend include hole C21-421 with 520 g/t Ag, 0.11 g/t Au, 3% Pb, and 9.8% Zn (1,043 g/t AgEq) over 4.1m; hole C21-457 with 1,570 g/t Ag, 16.25 g/t Au, 7% Pb, and 19% Zn (3,934 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m; and hole C21-435 with 1,960 g/t Ag, 0.32 g/t Au, 15.4% Pb, and 21.6% Zn (3,424 g/t AgEq) over 1.1m. Highlights from the high grade vein drilling on Todos Santos Vein Trend include hole C20-404 with 163 g/t Ag, 0.17 g/t Au, 2.8% Pb, and 3.1% Zn (403 g/t AgEq) over 2.2m; hole C21-409 with 160 g/t Ag, 0.39 g/t Au, 3.8% Pb, and 6.4% Zn (589 g/t AgEq) over 1m; and hole C21-418 with 160 g/t Ag, 0.27 g/t Au, 3.3% Pb, and 6.3% Zn (558 g/t AgEq) over 2.5m. The company also reported that its PEA study, which aimed to deliver a technically robust study that outlines one of the largest producing primary silver operations in the industry, is progressing well and announced that it is expected to be completed and delivered in Q4, 2021.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., reported drill results from its newly upgraded 14,200m drilling program at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua and informed that one of these holes intersected multiple mineralized sheeted vein structure over a true width of 150m. The table below shows the assay results from drill hole SM-20-25:
In addition, hole SM20-26 encountered 9 gold bearing veins and veinlets varying from 0.2 to 6m wide which returned grades greater than 0.5 g/t Au, while hole SM20-27 encountered only 3 veins and veinlets grading greater than 0.5 g/t Au.
- GoGold Resources inc., released results from six holes drilled at El Orito Zone in its Los Ricos North project in Jalisco. The most significant drill intersect was from hole LRGO-21-062 which intersected 22 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.09% Cu, 0.91% Pb, and 1.37% Zn (101 g/t AgEq) over 73.7m, including 73 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 0.3% Cu, 5.5% Pb, and 3.1% Zn (339 g/t AgEq) over 5m, including 132 g/t Ag, 0.08 g/t Au, 1.08% Cu, 22.5% Pb, and 13% Zn (1,197 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m. The company also completed an IP survey aimed to map out the sulphide rich zone along strike and down dip. Drill results at El Orito Zone indicate that mineralization averages 30m in width for more than 700m in strike length and up to approximately 300 m in vertical depth from surface and is open in all directions.
- Golden Tag Resources Ltd., finished a geological interpretation program in partnership with Orix Geoscience 2018 Inc., at its San Diego project located in Durango. This geological interpretation included a review of the lithology, alteration, structure and assays database to develop a current 3D geological model to better define locations of broad zones of skarn mineralization. The study determined that mineralization is concentrated at the Central Diorite contact and is associated with the development of both brown and green garnet skarns. “These broad zones of mineralized skarn are open to the north and at depth within the diorite and marble, as well as to the northwest and southeast of the currently modeled Fernandez Zone. Future drilling will be planned to drill these target areas.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., completed an initial resource estimate at its Plomosas project in Sinaloa. GR Silver reported indicated resources of 2.4M tonnes of 0.68 g/t Au, 44 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (133 g/t AgEq) for a total of 53K Oz Au, 3.4M Oz Ag, 48.1M Lb Pb, and 72.8M Lb Zn, and inferred resources of 5.8M tonnes of 0.46 g/t Au, 46 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (113 g/t AgEq) for a total of 85K Oz Au, 8.6M Oz Ag, 115.7M Lb Pb, and 148.6M Lb Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Bacanora Lithium plc., provided an update on the litigation with the Estate of Colin Orr-Ewing in regard to its challenge to the validity of the lithium royalty over the Sonora Lithium Project. The Alberta Court has now issued its judgement that found in favor of the Estate of Colin Orr-Ewing. Bacanora intends to appeal this judgement on a point of law and maintains that the royalty is invalid on the grounds of misrepresentation and lack of consideration and intends to exhaust all legal avenues on behalf of all its shareholders.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Grupo Mexico Foundation supports reforestation of protected natural areas in the country. The company has planted 82,340 trees and shrubs of 25 species in 10 Protected Natural Areas of Mexico City.
- La Cantera Desarrollos Mineros provided financial support to the community of Ojo de Agua, Guanajuato for the construction of a medical appointment center in benefit of approximately 60 inhabitants.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, cockade and quartz blade textures in an intermediate sulphidation epithermal vein system from a prospect in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.