Vancouver, January 17, 2018—Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. (NYSE: FSM) (TSX: FVI)is pleased to announce 2017 production figures from its two underground operating silver mines, the San Jose Mine in Mexico and the Caylloma Mine in Peru. The company produced 8.5 million ounces of silver and 56.4 thousand ounces of gold or 11.9 million AgEq1 ounces.
2017 Consolidated Production Highlights
- Silver and gold production were 4 % and 8 % respectively above 2017 guidance
- Silver production of 8,469,593 ounces; 15 % increase over 2016
- Gold production of 56,441 ounces; 21 % increase over 2016
- Zinc production of 44,347,035 pounds; 3 % increase over 2016
- Lead production of 29,877,890 pounds; 9 % decrease over 2016
Note: 1. Silver equivalent is calculated using silver to gold ratio of 60 to 1