TORONTO, Ontario, November 9, 2017 – Torex Gold Resources Inc. (the “Company” or “Torex”) (TSX:TXG) reported today the Company’s financial results for the third quarter of 2017, as ramp-up continues at its El Limón Guajes Mine (ELG) in southwest Mexico. The Company also provided the following update to the previously announced blockade situation at ELG.
- This is day 7 of the blockade, that resulted from a conflict between two unions
- The military is patrolling the area and attending the site
- Care and maintenance activities resumed yesterday
- Discussions are underway with the Federal Police (Gendarmerie) to provide security personnel to the site
- Blockades are illegal, but they also have a political aspect to them. Excellent political support has been received from State and Federal governments to advance the legal charges and to find a negotiated resolution to the dispute between the two unions
- The Operations team is optimizing the plan for an efficient plant start up, once the blockade is removed