Halifax, NS – GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (“GoGold”, “the Company”) announces production for the quarter ended September 30, 2017 of 353,370 silver equivalent ounces at the Parral project, a 125% increase over the same quarter the previous year and a 12% increase over the prior quarter. The quarter ended September 30th is traditionally the rainy season in Mexico which can negatively impact production. With the changes that have been made to the operating procedures the production was not negatively impacted and increased 125% over the previous year rainy season quarter. Production at Parral continues to improve with the quarter ended September 30, 2017 being the fourth consecutive quarter of production growth.
Over the past year the Company has focused on improving recovery times and has made several changes. These changes include:
- reducing the stacking height from a single 10 meter high lift to multiple 4-5 meter high lifts;
- increasing the amount of cement being added to the agglomerated material to strengthen it and improve stability and penetration of the cyanide enriched solution;
- increasing the cyanide strength for the first 60 days of irrigation;
- increasing the capacity of the Merrill Crowe; and
- increasing the curing period of agglomeration from a few days to two weeks prior to irrigation.
“The changes made at Parral in late 2016 and the first half of 2017 have now taken effect and we expect to see continued increases in production through fiscal 2018” said Brad Langille, CEO.