TORONTO, Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ – Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (NYSE:AEM, TSX:AEM) (“Agnico Eagle” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its recent 2017 exploration activities at the Amaruq project in Nunavut, the Barsele project in Sweden and the La India Mine and El Barqueno project in Mexico. Highlights include:
- Drilling at Amaruq traces gold beneath current Whale Tail and V Zone mineral resources – AMQ17-1418 intersects a strongly mineralized quartz vein that returned 8.6 grams per tonne (“g/t”) gold over 38.7 metres at 273 metres depth extending the V Zone to the east of the proposed pit
- New Tugak structure identified 4.5 kilometres west of Whale Tail at Amaruq – Initial drill results include 2.5 g/t gold over 10.0 metres near surface. Follow up drilling is planned
- At the Barsele project, drilling infills area between Central and Avan zones – High-grade interval in Central Zone intersects 5.4 g/t gold over 11.5 metres at 275 metres depth
- La India drilling extends near-pit mineralization and other near-mine targets, mineral reserves and mineral resources expected to increase at year-end 2017 – Drilling at El Realito intersects 9.5 g/t gold and 36 g/t silver over 7.3 metres at 92 metres depth, while drilling at La Chipriona intersects 1.4 g/t gold and 67 g/t silver over 40.3 metres near surface. Both of these zones are outside of the current mine plan
- At El Barqueno, drilling extends strike length of Azteca-Zapateco zones by over 1,000 metres to west onto Cuauhtémoc zone – Recent results in far west include 6.3 g/t gold and 45 g/t silver over 5.7 metres at 201 metres depth
“Our solid operational performance has generated strong cash flow, which has allowed us to maintain a robust exploration budget both at our mine sites and at our exploration/development projects in 2017. As a result, we continue to make new discoveries and extend the mineralization at multiple projects,” said Sean Boyd, Chief Executive Officer of Agnico Eagle. “We believe that there is good potential to expand and upgrade the mineral resources and mineral reserves at many of our key projects by year-end 2017,” added Mr. Boyd.