Vancouver, British Columbia (FSCwire) – ALIX RESOURCES CORP. (“Alix” or the “Company”) (AIX-TSX:V) (37N–FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce the commencement of the maiden drill program, in partnership with Lithium Australia (49%), on its Agua Fria property, Electra Project located in Sonora, Mexico. The planned program envisions approximately 3,000 meters of reverse circulation drilling over a 5 kilometer prospective strike length of sedimentary units hosting lithium-enriched clay horizons. Lithium mineralization on the Agua Fria project is similar to that of the nearby Sonora lithium project, owned by Bacanora Minerals Ltd. (BCN-TSX:V), and Rare Earth Minerals PLC (REM).
Highlights of the Agua Fria project include:
- Trench samples demonstrating elevated lithium grades (up to 1,340 ppm)
- Lithium-mineralized clays have been sampled and mapped for over five kilometers on strike
- Metallurgical testing is in progress under the direction of Lithium Australia. The metallurgy shows good potential to develop simple beneficiation strategies to recover lithium-bearing components from the “clay” material, directed at producing a higher grade concentrate prior to process, subsequently reducing the treatment costs.
- This drill program is believed to be the first, “field test” application of Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) technology, developed in conjointly by Lithium Australia and Sci-aps. This new technology will allow for real-time field analysis of drill cuttings
- Lithium Australia is the funding partner with Alix, and has increased its equity position to 49% on the Electra Project, which includes the Agua Fria property.
- In addition to significant lithium values, the clay horizons at Agua Fria are anomalous in potassium. On the nearby La Vantaa deposit, Bacanora reports indicate potassium (K) sulfate (K2SiO4), as a valued by-product to their economic models, expected to be sold as a high-quality Sulfate of Potash (“SPO”) fertilizer.