COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced preliminary silver and gold production results¹ for the fourth quarter and full year 2016 that exceeded the Company’s expectations.
2016 HIGHLIGHTS (compared to 2015)
- Silver production of 17.2 million ounces, a 48% increase.
- Gold production of 233,929 ounces, a 24% increase.
- Silver equivalent production of 46.1 million ounces, or gold equivalent production of more than 631,000 ounces, a 23% increase.2
- Lead production increased 6% and zinc production decreased 2%.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of approximately $198 million at December 31, 2016, an increase of about $43 million for the year.