TORONTO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired – Oct. 29, 2015) – YAMANA GOLD INC. (TSX:YRI)(NYSE:AUY) (“Yamana” or “the Company”) is herein reporting its financial and operating results for the third quarter 2015, with some highlights provided as follows.
- Total gold production of 325,897 ounces representing a 9% increase in gold production from continuing operations compared to the second quarter of 2015, including 281,915 ounces of gold from core assets(1).
- Total gold production of 929,128 ounces in the first nine months of 2015.
- Notable increases in gold production at our core assets compared to the second quarter of 2015 include:
- 32% at Jacobina, 17% at Gualcamayo, 12% at Canadian Malartic, 10% at Minera Florida 6% at Chapada and 4% at Mercedes.
- Cash costs(2) of $594 per ounce of gold including the following notable decreases compared to the second quarter of 2015:
- 27% at Jacobina, 15% at Mercedes and 11% at Canadian Malartic.