VANCOUVER, July 26, 2017 GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) (“Goldcorp” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide an update on its 2017 exploration program. Representative drill results are provided below; website links to further information including full drill results, drill coordinates, QA/QC information and relevant diagrams are provided at the end of each section.
- Drilling at Cerro Negro continues to return positive results; exploration budget increased. 2017 budget increased by $6 million to $26 million to accelerate testing of early stage targets with drilling planned at Silica Cap, Eureka SE, San Marcos West, San Marcos Sur and Mariana Sur.
- Generative work at Peñasquito yields further targets; new property acquired. An additional nine targets have been added at Peñasquito and plans are underway to complete regional reverse circulation (“RC”) drilling through cover sequences. La Pinta 06 mining concession acquired for $225,000.
- Drilling at the Coffee Project adds to resource potential. Drill results from Arabica and Supremo T8-9 confirm continuity of mineralization, infill drilling at Latte confirms geologic model and first results from Decaf confirm prospectivity.
- Building geological team for Maricunga District in Chile. Recruitment and logistics being finalized to start geological work on the newly acquired Maricunga District, including a re-logging of core and updating the geological models for both Cerro Casale and Caspiche, as well as developing a five year exploration program.
- Property scale exploration programs underway at Canadian operations. Field programs are underway to build a portfolio of targets at all sites as well as define drill programs for the winter season.