VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA–(Marketwired – June 21, 2017) – Orla Mining Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:OLA) (the “Company” or “Orla”) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an asset purchase agreement dated June 20, 2017 (the “Agreement”) with Goldcorp Inc. (“Goldcorp”) to acquire the Camino Rojo Project (“Camino Rojo”), a gold and silver oxide heap leach project containing 1.7 million ozs of gold reserves* located in Zacatecas State, Central Mexico for consideration to Goldcorp consisting of 31.9 million common shares (“Consideration Securities”) of Orla and a 2.0% NSR (the “Acquisition”). All of the mineral reserves and resources estimates herein are historical estimates and Orla is not treating such estimates as current. In addition, Orla and Goldcorp have agreed to enter into an option agreement regarding the potential future development of a sulphide operation at Camino Rojo whereby Goldcorp will, subject to the sulphide project meeting certain thresholds, have an option to acquire a 60% to 70% interest in such sulphide project at Camino Rojo (the “Sulphide Option”, as described below).
- Acquisition of a second high quality advanced oxide heap leach project: The Acquisition leverages management’s and the board’s extensive exploration, development and operating experience in Mexico
- Significant mineral reserves and resources: 1.7 million ozs of oxide gold reserves and 4.0 million ozs of attributable Measured & Indicated gold resources1along with significant silver, lead, and zinc by-products*
- Highly attractive acquisition cost: Based on the last closing price of Orla common shares, Orla is paying approximately US$16/oz for oxide gold reserves, with the sulphide resource providing long term optionality to create additional shareholder value
- Large prospective land package: Over 200,000 hectares, potential to find additional oxide and sulphide mineral resources
- Ejido agreements and strong community relationships in place