Vancouver, B.C. – May 31st, 2017: San Marco Resources Inc. (SMN: TSX-V) (“San Marco” or the “Company”) announces that diamond drilling has commenced at its 100% owned Chunibas gold/silver project, located approximately 160 kilometres east of Hermosillo, Sonora State, Mexico.
- The Chunibas targets are a series of high-grade gold bearing veins hosted in intrusive rocks
- There are 5 main vein zones; Santa Rosa, Argentina, Santa Fe, Gusima, and Western, which comprise a “mineralized corridor” 750 metres wide and 1.5 kilometres long
- The Company’s sampling of the one to two metre-wide structures has resulted in grades up to 46 g/t gold
- The Project enjoys excellent infrastructure and access
- Surface access rights secured
- Additional drilling may be scheduled, based on initial results
The primary objectives of this drilling will be to confirm the presence of higher-grade mineralization within the discrete shear veins, as well as the presence of broad haloes of lower grade Au-Ag within adjacent, sericite – Fe carbonate altered wall rocks. Historical data has been incorporated with the Company’s recent exploration work, resulting in field evidence that the north-south trending shear/vein structures coalesce in various zones along strike. This has reinforced the geological model that wider zones of gold mineralization, flanking the high-grade shear structures, some of which continue to be mined by local gambosinos (miners), where grades appear to be in the 15 g/t gold range, exist. *