GoGold Resources Inc. (TSX: GGD) (“GoGold”) is pleased to reaffirm the previously announced production estimate of 400,000 to 500,000 silver equivalent ounces for the quarter ending December 31, 2016. During the month of October, 127,184 silver equivalent ounces were produced. GoGold expects the monthly production to accelerate through the quarter ending December 31, 2016.
There are two main factors driving increased production at GoGold. A ramp up of high grade material processed from the Santa Gertrudis project, and several changes to the Parral heap leach which are generating immediate positive results, they include the following:
- Adjusting heap height from a single 10 metre lift to a multi-staged 4 metre lift;
- Increasing strength of cyanide solution;
- Increasing strength and consistency of agglomerated pellets being placed on the heap leach pad;
- Addition of liquid air to irrigated solution to increase oxygen levels in the heap;
- Commissioning of a sulphidization, acidification, recycling and thickening (“SART”) plant which will lower cyanide costs by recycling of cyanide within the process.