TORONTO, Jan. 13, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — McEwen Mining Inc. (NYSE:MUX) (TSX:MUX) is pleased to announce record annual production in 2015, solid fourth quarter production results, and the outlook for 2016.
- 22% increase in production year-over-year to 154,529 gold equivalent ounces(1) in 2015.
- New pro-business government elected in Argentina, positive policy changes already enacted.
- 4.2 grams per tonne (gpt) average crushed gold grade at El Gallo Mine in Q4 2015 vs. 2.3 gpt in Q3 2015.
- Production guidance of 141,000 gold equivalent ounces in 2016.
- No debt(2), $5.2 million line of credit repaid in full.
- $32 million(2) in cash, cash equivalents and precious metals.
- 2nd semi-annual return of capital of $0.005 per common share will be paid on February 12th, 2016 to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 3rd, 2016.