COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today provided an update on its exploration programs during the first quarter.
- Casa Berardi has expanded the resources that could increase the potential size of the current East Mine Crown Pillar (EMCP) pit and the proposed 106, Principal and West Mine Surface Pillar open pits.
- Underground drilling of the 118, 121 and 123 zones at Casa Berardi continues to discover high-grade mineralization along trends. Surface drilling has defined high-grade extensions of the 160 Zone and south perimeter of the Principal Crown Pillar (123 Zone).
- Drilling of the Lac Germain satellite occurrence adjoining the Casa Berardi Mine has intersected strong, near surface mineralization along trend of the mine mineralization.
- San Sebastian continues to expand high-grade, polymetallic zones similar to the Hugh Zone on the Middle and Francine veins. Additional oxide mineralization is defined along the Professor and East Francine veins.
- Greens Creek exploration drilling continues to expand the resource along East Ore, Upper Plate, Deep 200 South and Deep Southwest mineralized trends.