Toronto, Ontario – September 6, 2017 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN and EXN.WT; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce results from its ongoing surface and underground exploration program at the Platosa Mine in Durango, Mexico.
- Further definition of connector and expansion zone between the high-grade 623 and Guadalupe South mantos, with diamond drilling results including:
- 1,203 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb and 13.4% Zn or 2,255 g/t silver equivalent (“AgEq”) over 11.1 metres in EX17UG330, including 2,079 g/t Ag, 14.2% Pb, 23.9% Zn or 3,857 g/t AgEq over 5.2 metres
- 1,366 g/t Ag, 7.9% Pb and 13.6% Zn or 2,369 g/t AgEq over 3.2 metres in EX17UG328
- 2,291 g/t Ag, 15.0% Pb and 13.3% Zn or 3,570 g/t AgEq over 3.6 metres in EX17UG329
- Mineralization discovered near existing mine workings and accessible before the end of 2017
- Greater than 1,000 g/t AgEq intersected in 8 of 11 holes over average core lengths of 5.7 metres, as further described below
“These remarkable results confirm our belief in Platosa’s potential and our ability to use targeted exploration to add high-grade mineralization to the mine plan,” stated Ben Pullinger, Vice-President, Geology. “We have delineated a sizeable new zone of mineralization near existing mine workings that connects and expands the high-grade 623 and Guadalupe South mantos and which may be accessed before the end of the year.”