Vancouver, Canada – June 20, 2017 – Endeavour Silver Corp. (TSX: EDR, NYSE: EXK) announces the release of its 2016 Annual Review and Sustainability Report entitled “Sustainability and Growth”. This marks the fifth consecutive year the company has reported on its sustainability initiatives, including the last four under the GRI G4 sustainability reporting framework.
- Health and Safety: Achieved a 6.6% decrease in reportable injury frequency rate; hired a new Regional Health and Safety Manager to oversee coordinators at each mine
- Economic: Distributed $140 million in economic value in Mexico (including $40 million in employee wages and benefits, and $17 million in taxes)
- Employees: Invested in more than 68,000 training hours for 1,600 full-time employees in Mexico, and 5,600 hours of on-the-job mine training for new employees at Terronera
- Environment: Invested $1.5 million in environmental initiatives; reduced energy consumption by 5%, and planted 34,500 trees
- Community: Identified potential strategic community investment projects near each mine; invested in community infrastructure projects and local cultural, environmental, sports, health and education projects
- Recognition: Received the Socially Responsible Company award from CEMEFI (the Mexican Center for Philanthropy) and the Alliance for Social Responsibility for all three mines