COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) today announced preliminary silver and gold production results¹ for the fourth quarter and full year 2017.
- Silver production of 12.5 million ounces, the second highest behind the record achieved in 2016, and gold production of 232,685 ounces, the third highest in Company history.
- Silver equivalent production of 40.9 million ounces and gold equivalent production of 554,843 ounces.2
- Lead production of 22,734 tons; zinc production of 55,109 tons.
- Gold production at Casa Berardi highest since its acquisition.
- Cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments of approximately $219 million at December 31, 2017, an increase of about $20 million over December 31, 2016.