Flagship project delivers commercial grade concentrates with
• Concentrate grades exceeding 55% Zn in zinc concentrate and 55% Pb (with >300g/t Ag) in lead concentrate produced in preliminary testwork
• Lead recovery exceeded 80% and zinc recovery exceeded 70%
• No elevated levels of deleterious elements present in the concentrates
• Dense media separation (DMS) testwork demonstrated excellent potential by increasing run-of-mine grade by 174% prior to milling and flotation
• Optimisation and variability studies to be undertaken on drill core from Azure’s current drilling program
Azure Minerals Limited (ASX: AZS) (“Azure” or “the Company”) is pleased to report that positive and very encouraging results have been returned from preliminary metallurgical testwork on sulphide mineralisation from the Oposura Project, located in the northern Mexican state of Sonora.
Commenting on the testwork program, Azure’s Managing Director, Mr Tony Rovira said, “Metallurgical factors are always critical when evaluating project viability, and the earlier that this is achieved, the better.
This high-level study was undertaken to ensure that the zinc, lead and silver mineralisation at Oposura could be extracted and concentrated into an easily saleable product. These very favourable results allow us to continue progressing development studies with confidence.”
The metallurgical testwork is being undertaken in parallel with an accelerated resource drill-out program for Oposura. Azure currently has three diamond rigs operating at Oposura with the aim of delivering a maiden mineral resource estimate in March-April 2018.