Vancouver, B.C. – May 2nd, 2017: San Marco Resources Inc. (SMN: TSX-V) (“San Marco” or the “Company”) announces that results from ongoing geological mapping and prospecting have confirmed and expanded the size potential of Target #1068 in Sonora State, Mexico, elevating the target to project status.
San Marco field crews completed geological and alteration mapping, stream sediment and rock chip sampling and petrographic analyses of select samples on the 1068 Project, a porphyry Gold-Copper- Molybdenum system identified by the Company’s generative program (see News Release January 19th, 2017).
- Mapping increased the phyllic alteration (quartz, sericite, pyrite) halo surrounding the potassic alteration core to 1000m X 450 m, and defined an internal zone of strong phyllic stockwork developed in the volcanic lithocap.
- The primary target remains hypogene (sulphide) copper-gold-molybdenum mineralization hosted in feldspar/quart/biotite porphyry.
- Initial exploration program complete
- Surface access rights secured over main targets
- Application for drilling approval from the Mexican Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) in process.
- Project is deemed to be drill ready.