By Jorge Cirett
During the 22nd week of the year (May 28th to June 3rd, 2018), at least 20 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Six companies updated on exploration advances, with two companies reporting quarterly reports. Four companies announced financing rounds for an aggregate of $9.8 M. Four companies disclosed news on drilling near resources and development while two reported on property deals. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the Dolores mines in Chihuahua saw its activities reduced due to security issues on access roads. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri released drill results from its Pilar project; Azure disclosed high-grade Au-Co drill intercepts from its Sara Alicia property. ON MINING, Impact Silver and Starcore International presented Q1 reports. ON FINANCING, Telson Mining graduated to Tier 1 issuer on the TSX. Four companies (Prime Meridian, Prospero Silver, Camrova and Minaurum) conducted financing rounds to raise up to $9.8M, with Minaurum heading the pack with $7 M. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, SilverCrest Metals released high-grade results from drilling a new vein on Las Chispas, in Sonora. Orla Mining released a PEA on Camino Rojo, in Zacatecas. Alio Gold released drill results from its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. Excellon Resources disclosed high-grade drill results from its Platosa mine in Durango. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Sonoro Metals acquired another claim for its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. Prime Meridian signed a LOI on the Parral Mining project with Eclipse Mining.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The Dolores mine in Chihuahua reduced its operations due to a security incident on its access roads. The state government later vowed to maintain free access.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. optioned the 20 hectare Tres Amigos mining concession (see below), contiguous to its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. The concession contains a quartz vein system commonly sheeted and stockwork quartz veining in the host rock that is part sedimentary rock and part rhyolitic intrusive rock.
- Prospero Silver Corp. started drilling at the Buenavista project in Durango. This is the fourth project to be drilled under the terms of a second round of strategic investment from Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.. The 3,000 m program is to test at least four drill ready zones: Buenavista South Stockwork, Buenavista NE Dike/Vein, Camaleon Vein and the Pajaro Stockwork. These targets occur within the lower portion of a strong high-level argillic cap, and drilling is to test for a deeper preserved epithermal zone.
- Colibri Resource Corp. released results from 16 reverse circulation holes from its Pilar project in Sonora. Highlighted results include 10.5 m @ 0.28 g/t Au; 22.5 m @ 0.31 g/t Au; 12.0 m @ 0.52 g/t Au; 6.0 m @ 0.79 g/t Au; 52.5 m @ 0.20 g/t Au; 19.50 m @ 0.27 g/t Au; 40.5 m @ 0.73 g/t Au. Colibri is now drilling the final 900 m of the 3,000 m phase 1 program.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. disclosed results from stage 2 drilling at its Sara Alicia property in Sonora. The campaign comprised 1,127 m in 13 holes. Highlighted intervals comprise 3.75 m @ 8.08 g/t Au; 5.90 m @ 5.5 g/t Au; 3.65 m @ 8.41 g/t Au; 19.6 m @ 8.65 g/t Au; 8.8 m @ 6.2 g/t Au and 3.65 m @ 1.19% Co, 24.95 m @ 0.31% Co, 9.5 m @ 0.48% Co, 16.2 m @ 0.32% Co. “The high-grade cobalt mineralisation is hosted within a shoot of massive and semi-massive sulphides that outcrops near the top of the Sara Alicia hill and plunges at a shallow angle towards the northwest.”
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. reported drilling results from the Tano zone, about 1.2 km SW from the pre-feasibility study pit of its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Highlighted core length intervals comprise 28.9 m @ 0.36 g/t Au, 23 g/t Ag (including 6.3 m @ 0.79 g/t Au, 29 g/t Ag; 17.5 m @ 0.43 g/t Au, 7 g/t Ag; 4.6 m @ 1.35 g/t Au, 72 g/t Ag; 89. 5 m @ 0.83 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag (including 40.0 m @ 1.45 g/t Au, 3 g/t Ag; 26.0 m @ 1.93 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag; 1.0 m @ 27.50 g/t Au, 58 g/t Ag).
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc. discovered three historical mines on its Zamora property in Sinaloa. A 1982 government report included all the rehabilitation work done in the property, including a map recording all historic workings within a 1,000 by 600 m grid. Sampling in the El Tacomate, El Arroyito and La Campeona returned 0.2 m @ 0.7 g/t Au, 107 g/t Ag; 0.9 m @ 1.9 g/t Au, 413 g/t Ag; 0.30 m @ 10.1 g/t Au, 942 g/t Ag.
- Pan American Silver Corp. Initiated steps to reduce activities at its Dolores mine in Chihuahua, following security incidents along access roads to the site. Ore stacking to the leach pads and the processing plant are operating at normal level, and the mine site remains secure. The company is to maintain personnel at levels necessary for site security and reduced operating activities.
- Impact Silver Corp. released financial results for the quarter ending on March 2018. Silver production was 213.2 K Oz during the period, resulting from milling of 46.6 K tonnes milled @ 160 g/t Ag. The net loss for the quarter was $0.5 M, and the company has a $3.8 M cash position.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. reported first quarter operating results from Veta Grande in Zacatecas and Rosario in San Luis Potosi. At Veta Grande 34.9 K tonnes were processed @ 142 g/t AgEq, to produce 32,413 Oz Ag (47% recovery), 56 Oz Au, 109 tonnes Pb, 118 tonnes Zn. At Rosario, 13,410 tonnes were processed @ 232 g/t AgEq to produce 15,689 Oz Ag, 79 Oz Au, 25 tonnes Pb, 331 tonnes Zn. A 6,000 m surface drilling program is ongoing in the Veta Grande vein, and a 3,000 underground drilling program on the Armados vein. At Rosario, the 350 tpd production rate is expected to be achieved by end of Q2.
- Telson Mining Corp. has been approved for graduation from Tier 2 issuer on the TSX Venture Exchange to Tier 1 issuer (Campo Morado, Guerrero).
- Prime Meridian Resources Corp. is conducting a non-brokered private placement to raise proceeds of up to $1.5 M (Parral Mining project, Chihuahua).
- Prospero Silver Corp. completed the second and final tranche of its previously announced private placement financing, raising aggregate gross proceeds of $1 M (Petate, Hidalgo; Buenavista, Durango).
- Camrova Resources Inc. closed a non-brokered private placement, raising CAD$226 K (Boleo, Baja California Sur).
- Minaurum Gold Inc. closed the final tranche of its previously announced oversubscribed private placement, raising $1.38 M, for total gross proceeds of $7.08 M (Alamos Silver, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. announced drill results and discovery of the Babicanora Norte Vein on the Las Chispas property in Sonora. The vein is 300 m north of the parallel Babicanora vein. Highlighted true width (TW) results comprise 1.4 m @ 9.11 g/t Au, 1,033 g/t Ag; 1.3 m @ 5.19 g/t Au, 726 g/t Ag; 1.2 m @ 4.71 g/t Au, 593 g/t Ag; 1.5 m @ 23.96 g/t Au, 2,081 g/t Ag; 1.4 m @ 1.33 g/t Au, 141 g/t Ag. Mineralization consists of a 0.5 to 1.5 m wide banded quartz-argentite-pyrargyrite vein, proximal to a rhyolite dyke and measuring 200 m long by 100 m high, with an average width of 1.4 m @ 8.47 g/t Au, 879 g/t Ag, remaining open in most directions.
- Orla Mining Ltd. released the results of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) on its Camino Rojo property in Zacatecas. The new mineral resource estimate includes measured and indicated mineral resources of 9.65 M Oz Au, 102.4 M Oz Ag (354.9 M tonnes at 0.85 g/t gold and 9 g/t silver) and an inferred mineral resource of 1.82 M Oz Au and 16.2 million ounces of silver (65.2 M tonnes at 0.87 g/t gold and 8 g/t silver). The PEA is based on near-surface oxide and partly oxidized material that can be processed by heap leaching, on an 18 K tonnes per day operation (tpd), recovering 67% Au to produce 97.5 K Oz Au per year. The feasibility analysis is expected during the first half of 2019.
- Alio Gold Inc. disclosed drilling results from its last four holes at its Ana Paula project in Guerrero. The highlighted intervals comprise 34.5 m @ 0.89 g/t Au; 53.7 m @ 1.03 g/t Au; 41.0 m @ 1.40 g/t Au; 64.5 m @ 1.24 g/t Au; 37.7 m @ 1.14 g/t Au; 19.8 m @ 1.49 g/t Au. Several of those intervals come from a hydrothermal breccia south of the proposed pit.
- Excellon Resources Inc. released drilling results from its Platosa mine in Durango. Highlighted core length intervals from the 693, pierna and rodilla mantos include: 5.3 m @ 1,1153 g/t Ag, 8.2% Pb, 3.4% Zn; 5.4 m @ 649 g/t Ag, 3.3% Pb, 3.9% Zn; 7.9 m @ 594 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, 1.4% Zn; 2 m @ 2,148 g/t Ag, 19.2% Pb, 9.7% Zn; 6.7 m @ 870 g/t Ag; 13.3% Pb, 12.4% Zn.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Sonoro Metals Corp. optioned from two private owners the 20 hectare Tres Amigos mining concession, contiguous to its Cerro Caliche project in Sonora. The option increases the land holdings under option to 1,455 hectares. The $130 K option, which is payable on nine equal ($14.4 K) cash installments over 48 months, is to provide Sonoro with a 100% interest in the property.
- Prime Meridian Resources Corp. signed a letter of intent (LOI) with Eclipse Mining Services Pty Ltd. for a 70% interest on in the Parral mining project in Chihuahua. PMR will earn a 30% interest by issuing CA$500 K in shares to Eclipse, US$200 K in shares to a shareholder of Eclipse, and cash payments of US$800 K as follows. A payment of up to US$185 K on completion of an initial 43-101 report, a further payment of up to US$750 K (plus 7% annual interest) for repayment of the loans made by Eclipse for development of the project and advance the balance of the required $US800 K cash payments toward the development capital of the project. PMR may earn a further 40% on the project by investing a further US4.0 M investment, or by financing the development of the processing plant input capacity to 500 tpd within 36 months of the date of the LOI.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture below, kaolin workings on a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.