Vancouver, BC — August 27, 2018, Ethos Gold Corp. (“Ethos” or the “Company“) (TSXV:ECC) is pleased to announce that it has, through its Mexican subsidiary Compañía Minera Roca Dorada, S.A. de C.V. (“Roca Dorada”) entered into an option agreement (the “Option Agreement”) with Mr. Rodney Alan Blakestad Cobean (the “Property Owner”) to earn a 100% right, title and interest in and to 897 hectares of mineral concessions contiguous to its La Purisima project (see Ethos’ press releases dated December 1, 2017 and June 15, 2018) situated in the municipality of Buenaventura, Chihuahua, México (the “Property”), subject to the Property Owner being entitled to a 2.0% net smelter return royalty upon the Company earning 100% interest in the Property on the terms set out in the Option Agreement.
18 09 07 Excellon Files Platosa Technical Report (Final)Excellon PR Sept. 2018
Toronto, Ontario – September 7, 2018 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN and EXN.WT.A; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the filing of an indepedent technical report for the Platosa Mine in Durango, Mexico, which has been prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) with an effective date of March 31, 2018. A copy of the technical report is available on both SEDAR at www.sedar.com and the Company’s website at www.excellonresources.com.
Vancouver, British Columbia – Capstone Mining Corp. (“Capstone”) (TSX: CS) has today filed on SEDAR a National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) compliant technical report titled “NI 43-101 Technical Report on the Cozamin Mine, Zacatecas, Mexico” for the increase to the Cozamin Mineral Resource estimate announced June 5, 2018.
Vancouver, British Columbia –Starcore International Mines Ltd. (TSX:SAM) (“Starcore” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce it has completed an updated Technical Report in accordance with National Instrument 43-101 (“NI 43-101”) on its San Martin Gold mine in Querétaro, Mexico. The report has been filed on SEDAR and is also available on the company’s website http://www.starcore.com
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – July 12, 2018) – Orla Mining Ltd. (TSXV: OLA) (“Orla” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Company has filed a technical report, prepared in accordance with National Instrument 43-101, for its 100% owned Camino Rojo Project located in Zacatecas State, Mexico. Orla previously released the results of the preliminary economic assessment (“PEA”) in its May 29, 2018 news release which included a summary of all assumptions and key results contained in the technical report.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 20th week of the year (May 14th to May 20th, 2018), at least 17 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. Seven companies updated exploration advances, with only one company reporting a quarterly report and one other a round of financing. Two companies disclosed news on resources and development while four reported on deals and company issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, No relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, San Marco was awarded the Espiritu concession, and Millrock begun a new drilling campaign at La Navidad. In Chihuahua, Endeavour Silver released drill results from its Parral properties; VVC Exploration commenced a new drill campaign at its Samalayuca project. In Coahuila, Discovery Metals presented rock sample results from three prospects within its Minerva project. In Sinaloa, Kootenay optioned the Copalito property. In Jalisco, Evrim commenced a third phase exploration campaign at Cuale. ON MINING, Starcore International presented a quarterly report. ON FINANCING, SilverCrest Metals announced the closing of a $17.25 M financing. Mexus Gold paid a $183 K debt. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Mag Silver presented an advance on development of the Juanicipio project in Zacatecas. Minera Alamos completed the second phase of bulk leach testing at its Santana property in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Marlin Gold and Golden Reign signed a LOI pursuing a business combination. Kootenay Silver optioned the Copalito property in Sinaloa. Argonaut Gold informed on the state of affairs of the legal battle to resume blasting at its La Colorada mine in Sonora. Leagold received clearance from the Mexican government to complete a business combination with Brio Gold.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- No Relevant News.
- Endeavour Silver Corp. disclosed drilling results from its Parral properties in Chihuahua. At the San Patricio vein system 8,846 m of core drilling have been completed over 1400 m of strike length. “Three mineralized areas were intersected, of which the largest and central zone now measures 600 m long by 250 m vertical (starting 150 m deep) by 1-3 m true thickness, still open to the south and at depth”. Highlighted true width (TW) intercepts include 2.1 m @ 303 g/t Ag, 0.05 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, 0.5% Zn; 1.0 m @ 678 g/t Ag, 0.22 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 0.9% Zn; 3.0 m @ 689 g/t Ag, 0.24 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, 1.1% Zn; 1.6 m @ 293 g/t Ag, 0.27 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, 7.6% Zn; 2.3 m @ 1,660 g/t Ag, 0.72 g/t Au, 6.5% Pb, 14.4% Zn. Metallurgical recoveries from core samples with flotation and leaching tests include 47% Ag from Sierra Plata (oxide), 98% Ag on El Verde (mixed), 95% Ag on Remedios-Argentina (mixed), 94% Ag and 93% Au on Palmilla (oxide) and 91% Ag and 86% Au in Cometa-San Juanico (mixed).
- San Marco Resources Inc. announced it was awarded the Espiritu 2,712 ha SMR concession in the recent mineral concession lottery by the Mexican government. The property is less than 30 km SE from San Marco’s Chunibas and 1068 projects in the Sahuaripa district. “Espiritu SMR overlies a window of pre-mineral cretaceous volcanic and sedimentary rocks intruded by Laramide age granitoids”. Previous operator in the area, Kootenay Silver Inc. stated: “An extensive area of polymetallic vein, stockwork, breccia and gold-copper porphyry mineralization”. A porphyry copper setting and a vein and stockwork zone of precious and base metal mineralization are separated by a major fault. Selected drill hole intercepts include 48.0 m @ 0.19 g/t Au, 0.1% Cu; 220.5 m @ 0.14 g/t Au, 0.15% Cu. San Marco is preparing to do a first-pass ground validation and prospecting.
- VVC Exploration Corp. commenced the third phase of diamond drilling at its Samalayuca copper project in Chihuahua. VVC expects to drill about 3,000 m in the next 180 days.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. optioned the Copalito project in Sinaloa (See below). “The Copalito Project covers a gold and silver epithermal vein system comprised of numerous veins, with individual veins currently traced over strike lengths up to 2 kilometres. Veins vary in width from 0.5 to 10 meters at surface and grade from background to highs of 7.2 gpt gold and 1,620 gpt silver in grab samples”. Vein textures indicate a low or intermediate sulfidation vein system.
- Millrock Resources Inc. is beginning a second round of drilling at its La Navidad project in Sonora. The target in the project is orogenic gold mineralization, bulk mineable run-of-mine oxidized deposit. The 1,650 m program aims to drill 150 – 250 m in depth in seven holes, testing areas of gold soil anomalies that now are supported by gold anomalies in trenches. The strongest anomalies occur in folded, faulted metasedimentary rocks of Jurassic age, in close proximity to diorite and monzonite dikes. An induced polarization survey has identified low angle structures conducive of orogenic gold deposits. A 1.4 km of trenching on 16 trenches has been completed, with multiple intervals of anomalous gold, like 18.0 m @ 0.56 g/t Au, 24.9 m @ 0.32 g/t Au, 18.2 m @ 0.20 g/t Au, 10.9 m @ 0.38 g/t Au.
- Evrim Resources Corp. commenced a third phase exploration at its Cuale high sulfidation project in Jalisco. The program includes 3,000 m of drilling, following on discovery trenches 1 to 4 from La Gloria zone, where trench 1 returned 1.67 g/t Au over 263.7 m and trench 4 returned 13.61 g/t Au over 106.2 m. “The soil survey has already commenced and will be followed with up to 650 metres of trenching at La Gloria and surrounding targets to extend the known footprint of outcropping gold mineralization”. A 40 line-km controlled source audio-magnetotellurics (CSMAT) is planned on potential mineralization under shallow cover. A 3,000 m program is expected to commence on July.
- Discovery Metals Corp. disclosed assay results of 152 samples from its Minerva project in Coahuila. “Minerva encompasses Ag-Pb-Zn mineralization hosted in skarns, mantos, chimneys and breccias”, similar to La Encantada mine 30 km to the East. The mineralization is located along the margin of a polyphase granitoid intrusive body, with ample zone of shallow gravel cover. At La Tercia prospect, channel samples returned 0.8 m @ 30 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, 4.6% Zn; 2.0 m @ 249 g/t Ag, 6.9% Pb, 0.1% Zn; 4.0 m @ 37 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, 0.2% Zn; 0.6 m @ 3.8% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 0.6 m @ 84 g/t Ag, 5.8% Pb, 0.2% Zn. At Concordia samples returned 0.8 m @ 1,775 g/t Ag, 14.5% Pb, 40.3% Zn; 0.7 m @ 51 g/t Ag, 2.6% Pb, 0.4% Zn; 0.4 m @ 11 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 25.8% Zn. At Mina Minerva results include 5.1 m @ 39 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 2.0% Zn; dump @ 229 g/t Ag, 30.5% Pb, 5.7% Zn; 0.8 m @ 143 g/t Ag, 9.7% Pb, 5.3% Zn; 1.0 m @ 41 g/t Ag, 2.0% Pb, 16.4% Zn.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd. announced production results for the fourth quarter of its fiscal year 2018. During the quarter 71.9 K tonnes of ore @ 1.69 g/t Au, 40.6 g/t Ag were processed on its San Martin mine in Queretaro, resulting in the production of 4,140 Oz AuEq. Mill recoveries averaged 88.4% Au, 57.4% Ag. Also during the quarter the Altiplano facility received 373 tonnes of concentrate containing approximately 805 Oz Au and 26,813 Oz Ag.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc. completed its prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $17.25 M, including the exercise of the over-allotment option in full. The company paid the underwriters a cash commission of up to 6% of the gross proceeds of the offering. The proceeds are to be used on the preparation of a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) at the Las Chispas property in Sonora, as well as continuing exploration in the several targets it contains.
- Mexus Gold US. announced the payment of $183.3 K due to JMJ Financial, closing the current outstanding debt agreement prior to the expiration date (8 Hermanos, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Mag Silver Corp. presented financial results for the first quarter of 2018. Underground development rate has intensified, and exploration drilling is now utilizing directional drilling to infill and expand the Deep Zone, which remains open to depth and on strike. The company funded advances on the Juanicipio project in Zacatecas, mainly by “cash calls” by the operator (Fresnillo PLC). At the end of the period the company had $152.7 M in cash and cash equivalents.
- Minera Alamos Inc. has completed the second phase of its bulk testing heap-leach activities at its Santana project in Sonora. The initial phase used coarse crushing (<3”) and the second phase involved fine crushing (<1.2-5/8”) and agglomeration of the same mineralized material prior to leaching. The recoveries from the second phase were faster and consistent with those of the first phase of leaching, with 190 Oz Au recovered from 9,000 tonnes of material over a three month period, representing 0.65 g/t of recovered gold.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Marlin Gold Mining Ltd. and Golden Reign Resources Ltd. entered into a non-binding letter of intent (LOI) together with Wexford Capital LP, pursuing a business combination of Golden Reign’s San Albino-Murra property in Nicaragua, and Marlin’s La Trinidad mine in Sinaloa. Golden reign plans to acquire all Marlin shares. Upon completion of the transaction Marlin shareholders will own approximately 45% of Golden Reign shares, while Golden Reign shareholders will own 55% of the shares.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. entered into an option agreement to acquire a 100% interest on the Copalito Ag-Au project in Sinaloa. The seven concessions 3,700 ha project can be acquired by making staged payments over a 4-year period, totaling US$985 K, with the vendors retaining a 0.5% NSR. A finders fee of C$10 K and 100 K common shares have to be paid.
- Argonaut Gold Inc. reported that the Judiciary court hearing with respect to the company’s explosives permit for its La Colorada mine has been rescheduled to June 4, 2018. The company also appealed the Judiciary court’s original decision to temporarily suspend the explosives permit to the Collegiate Tribunal, requesting to re-instate the explosives permit so the company can blast material while the judiciary legal process continue. Argonaut estimates it has sufficient ore to continue operations until the end of July, at the present rate of 12,000 tonnes per day (tpd).
- Leagold Mining Corp. received clearance from the Comisión Federal de Competencia Económica (COFECE) with respect to Leagold’s acquisition of Brio Gold Inc. “COFECE approval was the final government agency approval required before completing the acquisition, which is anticipated to occur on or around May 24, 2018”
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, opaline silica from a shallow epithermal system in Guanajuato. Picture by Jorge Cirett.
PREMIER GOLD MINES LIMITED (“Premier” or “The Company”) (TSX:PG) is pleased to confirm that it has filed a technical report (“Report”) prepared for the Mercedes Gold-Silver Mine in accordance with Canadian Securities Administrators’ National Instrument 43-101. The Report may be found on the Company website or under the Company’s profile at www.sedar.com.
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – April 24, 2018) – SilverCrest Metals Inc. (TSXV: SIL) (OTCQX: SVCMF)(“SilverCrest” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that a technical report titled “Technical Report and Mineral ResourceEstimate for the Las Chispas Property, Sonora, Mexico” (the “Las Chispas Report”), dated April 23, 2018, with an effective dateof February 12, 2018, was filed today on SEDAR at http://www.sedar.com and is also available on SilverCrest’s website.
On the picture above, take geologists to a mining museum, and this is what you get. Geologists Ruben Padilla, Barry Quiroz and Miguel Heredia at El Oro Museum in Estado de Mexico. Photo by Jorge Cirett.
By Jorge Cirett
During the 12th week of the year (March 19th to March 25th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico. ON MEXICO ISSUES, a gold nugget weighing 850 grams was found in northern Sonora. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri has begun drilling at El Pilar project; while Azure updated work on its Oposura project releasing new high grade drill results. Kootenay has drilled six of seven holes on one target of its La Cigarra project, other targets to follow. ON MINING, three companies, Primero Mining, Excellon and Sierra Metals presented financial and or production results for the fourth quarter and/or full year 2017. Santacruz Silver completed expansion of milling capacity at Veta Grande in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Evrim received $3 M from the exercise of warrants. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Americas Silver presented an updated resource on its San Felipe property in Sonora. Almaden provided an update on work being done on the feasibility study at the Ixtaca project in Puebla. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Alio Gold is to acquire all shares outstanding of Rye Patch, a company with several properties in USA. Bacanora Minerals extended the timetable for re-domiciling by a few days. Sonoro executed an option agreement on a group of properties adjoining its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- A gold nugget weighing 850 grams was found in La Cienega area, south of Pitiquito in Sonora. The nugget was discovered using a metal detector by a local gambusino. Northwest Sonora is known by the presence of orogenic gold style deposits, like La Herradura, Nochebuena, La Choya, San Francisco and El Chanate. This type of ore deposits has produced large gold nuggets, of up to 12 kg in weight, with the most famous specimens coming from the El Boludo, La Cienega and Tajitos gold placers.
- Colibri Resource Corp. has begun phase 1 of its 2018 drilling program on its Pilar property in Sonora. The program envisages up to 30 holes to be drilled focusing on modelling and extending the known mineralization of the Main Zone to the northwest and southwest along trend. “To date, Colibri has defined an in-house resource of 700 K tonnes @ 1.9 g/t Au”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc. informed on advances on the current drill program at its La Cigarra property in Chihuahua. Six holes have been completed, and one more is in progress at La Borracha zone, which is the extension of the structure that hosts La Cigarra resource, and drilling has now tested 1,000 m of strike length beyond the resource. Results will be disclosed once all assays have been received. The next drill target is the newly identified Nogalera gold zone, with 8 holes planned on anomalous mineralization over more than 1,000 m of length. Once Nogalera has been drilled, the 104-Vein on the southern part of La Cigarra resource is to be drill tested.
- Azure Minerals Ltd. updated on work being done at its Oposura project in Sonora. Drilling along strike of an outcrop carrying up to 59.6% Pb+Zn on the West Zone intersected high grade mineralization over an area of 400 x 400 m. Some of the best combined Pb + Zn intercepts returned 2.4 m @ 15.5%. 7.4 m @ 15.9%, 2.8 m @ 19.0%, 3.7 m @ 15.6%, 3.5 m @ 13.2%, 4.6 m @ 15.0%. To date drilling in the West Zone has comprised 64 holes for 4,936 m, with assay results received for 26 drill holes.
- Primero Mining Corp. reported financial and operating results for 4Q and full year 2017. Primero commenced a strategic review process that resulted in the sale of the Cerro del Gallo project (Guanajuato) in November 2017, and the entering into an arrangement agreement whereby First Majestic will acquire all issued and outstanding common shares of Primero. At San Dimas in Durango, 21,076 Oz Au and 1.32 M Oz Ag were produced during the fourth quarter. For full year 2017, San Dimas produced 111,376 Oz Au, 3.96 M Oz Ag. A strike at San Dimas in early 2017 stopped work for more than two months, significantly impacting yearly production levels.
- Excellon Resources Inc. reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2017. During the fourth quarter the Platosa mine in Durango produced 16.1 K tonnes, processing 18 K tonnes @ 424 g/t Ag, 3.8% Pb, 5.8% Zn, with recoveries of 90.3% Ag, 80.0% Pb, 82.2% Zn, to produce 206.4 K Oz Ag, 1.17 M Lb Pb, 1.67 M Lb Zn. For the year 57.2 K tonnes were produced, while milling 55.6 K tonnes @ 456 g/t Ag, 4.4% Pb, 5.7% Zn, with recoveries of 90.5% Ag, 82.1% Pb, 80.1% Zn, producing 668 K Oz Ag, 4.09 M Lb Pb, 4.60 M Lb Zn. During 2017 the optimization plan was completed at the Platosa mine, resulting in dry mining conditions that increased production and lowered the costs. Total cash cost per Ag Oz decreased to $10.38, with an AISC of $21.89. All in sustaining cost was $15.84 per Ag Oz for the fourth quarter and $21.89 per Ag Oz for the year.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd. informed that expansion of milling capacity at its Veta Grande project to 750 tpd (tonnes per day) has been completed. The mill is currently operating at 450 tpd, and full capacity operations are expected to be achieved early in the second quarter 2018. Santacruz now will focus in the consolidation of underground operations.
- Sierra Metals Inc. reported fourth quarter and year end 2017 financial results, without separating figures for its operations in Mexico. Production at Bolivar is expected to reach 3,000 tpd in Q1 2018 and 3,500 tpd in the second half of 2018. An update in resources is expected in the coming months. At Cusi production is being ramped up to the 650 tpd Mal Paso mill capacity by Q2 2018. The installation of another mill is expected to take production to 1,200 tpd by 2019. At the end of the period the company had 23.9 M in cash and cash equivalents.
- Evrim Resources Corp. received $3.06 M from the exercise of common share purchase warrants, representing 98% of the warrants issue dated December 16, 2015. As a result, Evrim’s current cash position approximates $5.5 M (Cerro Cascaron, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Americas Silver Corp. provided an update on the mineral resource estimate at the San Felipe project in Sonora (optioned from Hochschild in early 2017). Of 342 holed drilled by four companies since 1998, 294 are within La Ventana, San Felipe, Transversales and Las Lamas deposits which host the current resource. The new resource contains 4,685 K tonnes @ 5.4% Zn, 2.5% Pb, 61 g/t Ag in the indicated category and 2,008 K tonnes @ 3.6% Zn, 1.4% Pb, 48 g/t Ag in the inferred category. These resources host 560 M Lb Zn, 256 M Lb Pb, 9.1 M Oz Ag; 158 M Lb Zn, 63 M Lb Pb, 3.1 M Oz Ag respectively.
- Almaden Minerals Ltd. updated on work related to the feasibility study (FS) at the Ixtaca project in Puebla. Work underway includes a resource model update, metallurgy testwork, engineering design, optimization studies, work to move the Rock Creek processing plant to Ixtaca, construction planning, geotechnical site investigation and water management studies. Almaden is also preparing an environmental impact assessment study (Manifiesto de Impacto Ambiental, or MIA) for Ixtaca.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Alio Gold Inc. and Rye Patch Corp. entered on an arrangement under which Alio Gold (San Francisco, Sonora; Ana Paula, Guerrero) is to acquire all the outstanding shares of Rye Patch (Florida Canyon, Nevada; Lincoln Hill, Nevada). The offer values Rye Patch outstanding equity at C$128 M. The transaction is expected to close on or about May 25, 2018.
- Bacanora Minerals Ltd. announced that the proposed timetable for the proposed Re-domicile has been changed to 26 March 2018.
- Sonoro Metals Corp. executed a formal option agreement with a Tucson, Arizona resident to acquire a 100% interest in the 403.5 ha Rosario group of concessions, adjacent to its Cerro Caliche property in Sonora, thus increasing the land holdings of the project to 1,455 ha. The option agreement entails a total consideration to the vendor of US$1.6 M, payable in escalating cash installments over 72 months, and a 2% NSR which can be bought for US$1 M for each percentage point. The initial US$60 K was paid on execution. Total drilling in the two properties before 2008 is 10,118 m in 101 holes.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
Vancouver, March 8, 2018 – Leagold Mining Corporation (TSX:LMC; OTCQX:LMCNF) (“Leagold” or the “Company”) has filed a NI 43-101 technical report on SEDAR entitled “Technical Report for the Los Filos Gold Mine, Guerrero State, Mexico” dated March 7, 2018 and having an effective date of December 31, 2017 (the “Los Filos Technical Report”).