By Miguel A Heredia
During the 20th week of the year (May 16th to May 22th, 2022), at least 15 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with six reporting resources and developments of their properties, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, three communicating production and financial results, and two announcing financing issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, no relevant news. ON MINING, Altaley announced that it has begun pre-production mining and mill commissioning operations at its Tahuehueto property in Durango. Excellon reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Platosa mine in Durango. Mag Silver reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas, where it owns 44% interest. ON FINANCING, Alamos Gold entered into a share purchase plan (Mulatos, Sonora). Aztec Minerals announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD $3M (Cervantes project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Discovery Silver reported results from nineteen holes from its phase 2 drill program collared at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. GoGold received positive metallurgical results of its Los Ricos South deposit, and updated pre-feasibility activities. Silver Tiger released results from its ongoing drill program at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Sonoro reported results from seven additional drill holes completed at its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora. Vizsla released results from ten new drill holes completed at its Panuco project, Sinaloa. Starcore announced that its Board of Directors approved a USD $2M exploration budget for its most prolific projects in Mexico. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Elemental Royalties announced that Bear Creek completed the acquisition of the Mercedes mine in Sonora. Fabled amended its option agreement with Golden Minerals with respect to the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Prismo announced the appointment of its Director of Business Development (Los Pavitos project, Sonora). Riverside and Hochschild signed an option agreement for la Union project in Sonora. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- No relevant news.
- No relevant news.
- Altaley Mining Corporation announced that it has begun pre-production mining and mill commissioning operations at its Tahuehueto property in Durango. It has stockpiled over 29K tonnes of ore to be used in the commissioning process and pre-production phases of the 1st ball mill. The plan is to process up to 500 tonnes per day in the first ball mill to produce a separate precious metal rich lead concentrate and a zinc concentrate. It also will produce a copper concentrate later on. Altaley will install a second 500 tonnes ball mill to increase milling capacity to 1000 tonnes per day. It is expected to be completed in Q3, 2022.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Platosa mine in Durango. The company mined 14,955 tonnes and milled 14, 585 tonnes of 504 g/t Ag, 5.3% Pb, and 6.7% Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 88.5%, 72.1%, and 80% respectively, to produce 209.4K Oz Ag, 1.2M Lb Pb, and 1.7M Lb Zn (or 384K Oz AgEq), at cash and all included sustain cost (AISC) of USD $10.49 and USD $18.92 per Oz Ag produced respectively. Excellon sold 186.4M Oz Ag, 1.1M Lb Pb, and 1.55M Lb Zn (or 345LK Oz Ag).It reported revenues of USD $8.5M, gross profit of USD $583K, and cash flow from operations of USD $1.9M.
- Mag Silver Corp., reported Q1, 2022 production and financial results from its Juanicipio project in Zacatecas, where it owns 44% interest. The company announced that 145,484 tonnes of 597 g/t Ag were processed through the Fresnillo and Saucito plants, with 2.2M payable Oz Ag, 5.3K payable Oz, 2.4M Lb Pb and 3.24 M Lb Zn produced and sold. Mag Silver also reported that pre-commercial production sales (net of treatment and processing costs) totaled USD $64.9M for the quarter, less USD $18.7M in mining and transportation costs and depreciation and amortization, netting USD $46.2M in gross profit by Juanicipio in the quarter.
- Alamos Gold Inc., entered into a share purchase plan. The company has purchased 1M shares at an average price of USD $7.415 at a cost of USDS $7.4M (Mulatos, Sonora).
- Aztec Minerals Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement for gross proceeds of up to CAD $3M. The company announced that Alamos Gold Inc., has indicated that it intends to purchase securities under the offering to obtain a 9.9% interest in the company. Part of the gross proceeds will be used to conduct exploration work at its Cervantes project in Sonora, as well as for general working capital purposes.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Discovery Silver Corp., reported results from nineteen holes from its phase 2 drill program collared at its Cordero project in Chihuahua. Results include resource upgrade drilling for the Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS), planned for Q4, 2022, and expansion drilling of the Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) open pit and the resource pit. Drilling highlights include hole C21-560 with 234 g/t Ag, 0.15 g/t Au, 3.8% Pb, and 6.5% Zn (606 g/t AgEq) over 18.1m; hole C21-564 with 28 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 1% Zn (85 g/t AgEq) over 51.2m, plus 91 g/t Ag, 0.12 g/t Au, 1.8% Pb, and 3% Zn (266 g/t AgEq) over 11.2m, plus 29 g/t Ag, 0.06 g/t Au, 0.4% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (75 g/t AgEq) over 80.2m, plus 95 g/t Ag, 0.21 g/t Au, 1.9% Pb, and 4.5% Zn (337 g/t AgEq) over 33.9m; hole C21-544 with 45 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 0.9% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (122 g/t AgEq) over 60.4m, plus 23 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.5% Pb, and 1% Zn (77 g/t AgEq) over 27.1m; and hole C21-574 with 272 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 4.1% Pb, and 1.9% Zn (483 g/t AgEq) over 13.4m, plus 38 g/t Ag, 0.08 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 2.2% Zn (146 g/t AgEq) over 12.3m, plus 46 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 1.6% Zn (122 g/t AgEq) over 27.5m. “The Company has now completed 71,000 m in 211 holes as part of its Phase 2 drill program. Phase 2 drilling will continue through the remainder of the year and will be focused on three key areas: (1) PFS drilling consisting of reserve definition and engineering drilling; (2) resource expansion in the northeast of the deposit and at depth; and (3) initial drill testing of five property-wide targets on the Company’s extensive land package”.
- GoGold Resources Inc., received positive metallurgical results of its Los Ricos South deposit, and updated pre-feasibility (PFS) activities. The optimized leach test work returned 82-88% and 92-97% for silver and gold recovery respectively; the optimized conditions encompassed a 96-hour leach period to maximize silver recovery, four hours of pre-aeration, 2 g/l of sodium cyanide and a nominal grind of 80% passing 75 microns; Merrill Crowe (zinc precipitation) testing determined that gold and silver was efficiently precipitated out of the pregnant solution under optimum conditions. GoGold also provided an update on the PFS. Highlights are: PFS testing complete with development of final process design criteria underway; major equipment sized and quotes received to finalize capital costs; and process flow diagrams completed.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., released results from its ongoing drill program at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Drilling highlights include hole ET-21-329 with 0.13 g/t Au, 162 g/t Ag, 0.27% Cu, 6.4% Pb, and 2.8% Zn (442 g/t AgEq) over 28m, including 0.22 g/t Au, 429 g/t Ag, 0.22% Cu, 4.8% Pb, and 6.9% Zn (810 g/t AgEq) over 9.1m, including 0.32 g/t Au, 748 g/t Ag, 0.13% Cu, 3.3% Pb, and 13.7% Zn (1,317 g/t AgEq) over 3.3m, including 0.28 g/t Au, 1,624 g/t Ag, 0.1% Cu, 1.4% Pb, and 19.6% Zn (2,338 g/t AgEq) over 1m; and hole ET-21-364 with 0.14 g/t Au, 63 g/t Ag, 0.02% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (108 g/t AgEq) over 25.9m, including 0.14 g/t Au, 83 g/t Ag, 0.03% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.7% Zn (126 g/t AgEq) over 14.2m, including 0.19 g/t Au, 76 g/t Ag, 0.02% Cu, 1.8% Pb, and 3.6% Zn (253 g/t AgEq) over 2.3m, including 0.2 g/t Au, 111 g/t Ag, 0.03% Cu, 3.5% Pb, and 7.2% Zn (450 g/t AgEq) over 0.8m.
- Sonoro Gold Corp., reported results from seven additional drill holes completed at its Cerro Caliche project, Sonora. Drilling highlights include hole SCR-305 with 0.54 g/t Au over 36.5m, including 3.59 g/t Au over 1.53m, and including 3.32 g/t Au over 1.53m; hole SCR-307 with 9.58 g/t Au over 9.14m, including 14.17 g/t Au over 6.09m, including 38.2 g/t Au over 1.53m; and hole SCR-309 with 1.37 g/t Au over 6.1m, including 3.97 g/t Au over 1.53m. “The drilling campaign at Cerro Caliche is now complete with final assays expected to be announced in June. New geological data from over 7,200m and 63 drill holes will be included in a further updated resource estimate scheduled to be released in the fall of 2022”.
- Vizsla Silver Corp., released results from ten new drill holes completed at the Tajitos-Copala resource area within its Panuco project, Sinaloa. Drilling highlights include hole CS-22-161 with 2,461 g/t Ag and 13.16 g/t Au (3,513 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 2.65m, including 12,424 g/t Ag and 96.3 g/t Au (20,123 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.2m; hole CS-22-157 with 713 g/t Ag and 3.76 g/t Au (1,013 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.2m, including 861 g/t Ag and 6.83 g/t Au (1,407 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.6m, including 1,480 g/t Ag and 5.84 g/t Au (1,947 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.4m, and including 1,420 g/t Ag and 6.35 g/t Au (1,928 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.2m; hole CS-22-154 with 2,400 g/t Ag and 11.08 g/t Au (3,286 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.7m, including 4,230 g/t Ag and 20.1 g/t Au (5,837 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.7m; and hole CS-22-158 with 1,140 g/t Ag and 6.65 g/t Au (1,671 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.5m, including 2,610 g/t Ag and 15.3 g/t Au (3,833 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.6m.
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., announced that its Board of Directors approved a USD $2M exploration budget for its most prolific projects in Mexico. For its El Creston project, Sonora, the company has budgeted USD $500K to confirm the presence of a copper porphyry at depth. The program will include surveys, geophysical studies of magnetometry, and the development of new geological models from existing drillhole data; For its San Martin Mine, Querétaro, Starcore has budgeted USD $1M to search for the extension of the San Martin Breccia in the southwest and eastern part of the mine, as well as to confirm the geological potential of the north part of the concessions in the areas of Cerro Azul; and for new opportunities the company has allocated USD $500K such as California Au-Ag project, Durango, where the company has been invited to participate under a JV agreement. California project comprises 3,211 hectares which is part of the mineralization trend of the San Dimas (Tayoltita) District in Durango.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Elemental Royalties Corp., announced that Bear Creek Mining Corporation completed the acquisition of the Mercedes mine in Sonora from Equinox Gold Corp. Elemental holds an uncapped 1% Net Smelter Return (NSR) Royalty on the Mercedes Mine, payable from July 2022.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., amended its option agreement with Golden Minerals Company with respect to the Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Fabled is now requested to make the final payment of USD $2M previously due on December 4, 2022 as follow: USD $1M on December 4, 2022; USD $25K on March 31, 2023; USD $25K on June 30, 2023; USD $25K on September 30, 2023; and USD $25K on December 31, 2023. As consideration of the amendment, Fabled will issue to Golden on December 4, 2022, a number of common shares of Fabled that are equal to a value of USD $75K, at a price per share equal to the closing trading price of the shares on the TSX Venture Exchange on the trading day immediately prior to the date that such payment is made.
- Prismo Metals Inc., announced the appointment of its Director of Business Development: The company granted him 500K incentive stock options exercisable at a price of $0.15 per share before May 20, 2027. (Los Pavitos project, Sonora).
- Riverside Resources Inc., and Hochschild Mining plc signed an option agreement valued at over USD $31M for la Union project, Sonora. On the Phase1 earn-in option, Hochschild can earn an undivided 51% interest by incurring USD $8M in exploration expenditures over 5 years. Upon completion of Phase 1 obligations, Hochschild can elect to form a 51:49 Joint Venture. On the Phase 2 earn-in option, Hochschild can elect to earn an additional 24% interest by incurring a further USD $3M in exploration expenditures and delivering a completed Feasibility Study (FS) over 3 years. Upon Hochschild completing the Phase 2 earn-in, Riverside will have the option to sell its interest in the project to Hochschild for USD $2M, while retaining a 1% net smelting royalty (NSR).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a hydrothermal breccia in a low sulphidation epithermal vein system in a prospect in Durango Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.