By Miguel A Heredia
During the 6th week of the year (February 7th to February 13th, 2022), at least 18 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 3 news published by the media, with six reporting resources and developments of their properties, six informing on exploration results, four discussing social issues, three communicating production results, one disclosing deals and corporate issues, and one announcing financial issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, no relevant news. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Colibri reported assays received from its ongoing RC drill program at its Evelyn project, and La Reyna commenced a 10,000m drill program at its La Gloria project. In Nayarit, Sierra Madre announced the commencement of its Phase II drill program at its Tepic project. In Zacatecas, Alien Metals informed that it has been granted with all the necessary statutory and local permits to be legally able to commence drilling on its Donovan 2, Los Campos and San Celso permits. In Jalisco, Stroud presented drill results from its Santo Domingo project. ON MINING, GoGold announced Q1, 2022, for the three months ended December 31, 2021 (Parral tailings project, Chihuahua). Avino provided its outlook for 2022. Minera Alamos provided a 2021 year-end summary of the ramp-up of mining activities at its Santana mine in Sonora. ON FINANCING, Kootenay entered into a private placement financing for gross proceeds of up to $4M (Columba project, Chihuahua). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Impact Silver completed Phase 2 of the Veta Negra drill program in its Zacualpan mining district in Mexico State. Silver Tiger presented results from its ongoing drill program on the Seitz Kelly Vein at its El Tigre project in Sonora. Zacatecas Silver provided an update on its ongoing drilling activities at the Panuco deposit and San Gil Breccia within its Zacatecas property. Fabled provided a summary of the exploration work carried out at its Santa Maria project, Chihuahua. Discovery Silver released results from 23 holes from its Phase 2 drill program at its Cordero project, Chihuahua. GR Silver presented channel and drill results from the Loma Dorada – La Colorada Vein System, within its Plomosas project, Sinaloa. Great Panther updated mineral resource estimates for their Topia and Guanajuato mines. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Monarca Minerals announced management changes (San Jose project, Chihuahua). ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Grupo México continues to firmly support Cananea against COVID-19. Fundación Grupo México launched a contest to present high-impact projects for the solution of social and/or environmental problems. Peñoles and Fresnillo plc promote the participation of girls and women in science. Minera Cuzcatlán achieved 91% recycling and use of urban solid waste and special handling in 2021.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- No relevant news.
- Colibri Resource Corporation reported assays received from its ongoing RC drill program at its Evelyn project in Sonora.- The best drill intercepts were encountered in holes EVE21-027 with 2.82 g/t Au over 14m, including 4.82 g/t Au over 8m, including 12.19 g/t Au over 3m, including 30 g/t Au over 1m; and hole EVE21-019 with 2.36 g/t Au over 15m, including 33.7 g/t Au over 1m. Colibri is in the process of executing a fully funded 10,000 metre RC drill program on the Evelyn Gold Project.
- Reyna Gold Corp., commenced a Phase 1, 10,000m drill program at its La Gloria project in Sonora. The aim of the initial drilling will be to explore for extensions of known mineralization from the Main Zone and El Sombrero targets.
- Sierra Madre Gold and Silver Ltd., announced the commencement of its Phase II drill program at its Tepic project in Nayarit. The company increased its permitted drill pads from 47 to 182 drill pads with the Secretariat of Natural Resources and Environment (SEMARNAT). This will allow Sierra Madre to potentially drill in excess of 300 holes, utilizing the same drill pads with offset drilling. The company has already secured exploration agreements with all surface owners in the areas to be drilled.
- Alien Metals Ltd., informed that it has been granted with all the necessary permissions to commence drilling on its Los Campos and San Celso Silver Projects and the Donovan 2 Copper-Gold Project in Zacatecas.
- Stroud Resources Ltd., presented drill results from its Santo Domingo project in Jalisco. Drilling highlights include hole SD-21-49 on Guadalupe Vein with 0.32 g/t Au and 70 g/t Ag (94 g/t AgEq) over 2.15m, plus 0.01 g/t Au and 624 g/t Ag (625 g/t AgEq) over 1.55m, and plus 0.13 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag /52 g/t AgEq) over 2.70m; hole SD-21-52 on La Raya Vein with 1.11 g/t Au and 113 g/t Ag (196 g/t AgEq) over 15.10m, including 1.36 g/t Au and 137 g/t Ag (240 g/t AgEq) over 10.5m, including 3.07 g/t Au and 130 g/t Ag (360 g/t AgEq) over 2.70m; and hole SD-21-57 on Guadalupe Vein with 0.5 g/t Au and 138 g/t Ag (176 g/t AgEq) over 4.55m, plus 0.18 g/t Au and 50 g/t Ag (64 g/t AgEq) over 0.65m, plus 1.05 g/t Au and 197 g/t Ag (276 g/t AgEq) over 6.10m, including 2.02 g/t Au and 362 g/t Ag (513 g/t AgEq) over 3.05m, plus 0.04 g/t Au and 65 g/t Ag (68 g/t AgEq) over 1.05m, plus 0.31 g/t Au and 35 g/t Ag (59 g/t AgEq) over 7.9m, including 0.63 g/t Au and 61 g/t Ag (108 g/t AgEq) over 2.9m, plus 0.82 g/t Au and 67 g/t Ag (137 g/t AgEq) over 3.40m, including 1.72 g/t Au and 102 g/t Ag (231 g/t AgEq) over a.a5m, plus 0.07 g/t Au and 53 g/t Ag (59 g/t AgEq) over 10m, including 0.08 g/t Au and 57 g/t Ag (63 g/t AgEq) over 8m, plus .6 g/t Au and 45 g/t Ag (65 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m. “The company is currently updating its planned Phase 2 drilling program and will refine the program as the balance of assay results is received. Remaining assays from the 2021 drilling program will be reported as they continue to be released from the laboratory. Phase 2 drilling is expected to start soon, with initial assay results expected by the end of Q1 2022”.
- GoGold Resources Inc., announced Q1, 2022, for the three months ended December 31, 2021. The company reported revenues of USD $8.9M from the sale of 195.7K Oz Ag and 2,558 Oz Au (401,214 Oz AgEq) from its Parral Tailings project in Chihuahua. Cash and AISC were USD $13.51 and USD $18.58 per Oz AgEq respectively.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., provided its outlook for 2022. The company will continue with the completion of the Dry Stack Tailing Storage Facility which will represent a cost of approximately $1M. The existing Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) will be used as the framework for an updated study, either at the Pre-Feasibility Study (PFS) level or at the Feasibility Study (FS) level. For 2022, Avino expects to process 600K tonnes to produce between 2.2-2.6M Oz AgEq. In exploration and evaluation, the company plans to drill approximately 15,000m on the Avino property and will target the areas below the current mining area at Avino (ET Area), the Bart vein located very close to the Avino workings as well as La Potosina. Additional holes may also be drilled on the Oxide Tailings Resource to determine if additional tonnage could be added to the existing 3.12M tonnes.
- Minera Alamos Inc., provided a 2021 year-end summary of the ramp-up of mining activities at its Santana mine in Sonora. The company reported that approximately 9,100 Oz Au were mined and stacked on the leach pad during the first phase of the project mining activities. Cumulative Au recovery from mineralization under leach for more than 30 days exceeds 70% with additional recovery ongoing. “Mining rates have approached the initial monthly targets of 100,000 tonnes of mineralized material from the Nicho Norte starter pit prior to the next phase of operations where production will ultimately expand to also include material from the main Nicho deposit”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., entered into a private placement financing for gross proceeds of up to $4M. Net proceeds will be used for working capital requirements and other general corporate purposes (Columba project, Chihuahua).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Impact Silver Corp., completed Phase 2 of the Veta Negra drill program in its Zacualpan mining district in Mexico State. It consisted of eight holes for a total of 1,221m to test the mineralization below and to the south of the operating open pit. Drilling highlights include hole Z21-38 (Socorro Vein) with 428 g/t Ag, 0.25 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 1.5% Zn over a true width (TW) of 6.88m; hole Z21-39 (Veta Negra Vein) with 487 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, and 0.4% Zn over a TW of 12.97m; hole Z21-41 (Veta Negra) with 258 g/t Ag, 0.06 g/t Au, 0.1% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over a TW of 19.85m; and hole Z21-46 (El Socorro splay) with 457 g/t Ag, 0.63 g/t Au, 1.8% Pb, and 3.8% Zn over a TW of2.29m.
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., presented results from its ongoing drill program on the Seitz Kelly Vein at its El Tigre project in Sonora. The most significant drill intercept was encountered in hole ET-21-293 on the Seitz Kelly Hangingwall Vein with 0.03 g/t Au, 149 g/t Ag, 0.06% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.5% Zn (175 g/t AgEq) over 6.5m, including 0.09 g/t Au, 1,664 g/t Ag, 0.63% Cu, 0.8% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (1,758 g/t AgEq) over 0.5m, plus 0.05 g/t Au, 290 g/t Ag, 0.1% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (314 g/t AgEq) over 7.4m on Seitz Kelly Vein, including 0.17 g/t Au, 1,582 g/t Ag, 0.52% Cu, 0.9% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (1,708 g/t AgEq) over 0.9m.
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., provided an update on its ongoing drilling activities at the Panuco deposit and San Gil Breccia within its Zacatecas property. The company has completed 29 angled holes at Panuco North, of which 15 are still with assays pending. Assays are also pending for 4 holes completed at northern splay of Panuco Central Vein. Zacatecas Silver also informed that at San Gil Breccia, 36 diamond drill pads were approved while at Panuco North, the approval for an additional 29 drill pads is expected within the next few weeks.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., provided a summary of the 2021 exploration work carried out at its Santa Maria project, Chihuahua. The company completed 50 surface diamond drill holes for a total of 13,693m, of which 36 were exploration holes and 14 were definition holes, and 21 underground diamond drill holes for a total of 2,091m. In summary, it has drilled 71 diamond drill holes (surface + underground) totalling 15,784m. Fabled have taken 5,944 surface drill hole samples, 846, underground drill hole samples, and 120 surface exploration samples for a total of 6,900 samples collected. “Moving forwards the company will compile all the results from drilling, surface mapping and sampling, plus geophysical anomalies in preparation for the design and selection for a Phase 2 drill program. Phase 2 will not only seek to grow the mineralization as seen above but to also explore the eastern sector of the property which has yet to be drilled”.
- Discovery Silver Corp., released results from 23 holes from its Phase 2 drill program at its Cordero project, Chihuahua. Highlights intercepts include hole C21-533 (NE Extension) with 24 g/t Ag, 0.24 g/t Au, 0.6% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (91 g/t AgEq) over 16.4m, plus 99 g/t Ag, 0.26 g/t Au, 1.9% Pb, and 1.8% Zn (247 g/t AgEq) over 49.9m, including 185 g/t Ag, 0.46 g/t Au, 3.5% Pb, and 3.2% Zn (446 g/t AgEq) over 21.4m; hole C21-556 (South Corridor) with 37 g/t Ag, 0.04 g/t Au, 0.9% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (114 g/t AgEq) over 43.6m, plus 61 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 1.4% Pb, and 4.8% Zn (288 g/t AgEq) over 46.8m, including 271 g/t Ag, 0.15 g/t Au, 5.5% Pb, and 35.5% Zn (1,777 g/t AgEq) over 5.2m; hole C21-555 (South Corridor) with 28 g/t Ag, 0.09 g/t Au, 0.2% Pb, and 1.6% Zn (101 g/t AgEq) over 113.6m, including 46 g/t Ag, 0.16 g/t Au, 0.3% Pb, and 2.9% Zn (173 g/t AgEq) over 45.8m; and hole C21-545 (South Corridor) with 33 g/t Ag, 0.06 g/t Au, 0.7% Pb, and 0.9% Zn (92 g/t AgEq) over 165m, plus 45 g/t Ag, 0.08 g/t Au, 1% Pb, and 1% Zn (119 g/t AgEq) over 25.7m, including 58 g/t Ag, 0.07 g/t Au, 1.1% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (141 g/t AgEq) over 31.3m. “The Company has now completed 47,600 m (86 holes) as part of its Phase 2 drill program. Phase 2 drilling will continue through the remainder of the year and will be focused on three key areas: (1) Pre-Feasibility Study drilling consisting of reserve definition and engineering drilling; (2) resource expansion in the northeast of the deposit and at depth; and (3) initial drill testing of five property-wide targets on the Company’s extensive land package”.
- GR Silver Mining Ltd., presented channel and drill results from the Loma Dorada – La Colorada Vein System, within its Plomosas project, Sinaloa. Highlights include hole LDS21-CH-014 with 244 g/t Ag and 16.45 g/t Au over 2.3m, including 358 g/t Ag and 6.71 g/t Au over a 1.2m; hole LDS21-CH-015 with 64 g/t Ag and 4.55 g/t Au over 1.9m, including 120 g/t Ag and 8.68 g/t Au over 0.6m; hole LDS21-01A with 25 g/t Ag and 0.36 g/t Au over 12.9m, including 82 g/t Ag and 1.78 g/t Au over 2.1m; and hole LDS21-06 with 9 g/t Ag and 0.21 g/t Au over 23.7m, including 60 g/t Ag and 1.35 g/t Au over 2m. “Drill results from the 2021 drilling program have extended several NNW-SSE trending Au-Ag veins over 600m strike length, and possibly connecting the Loma Dorada and La Colorada vein systems”. Surface channel sampling in the furthest NW portion of La Colorada returned 244 g/t Ag and 16.45 g/t Au over 2.3m demonstrating attractive high-grade Au-Ag mineralization within the NW-SE trending vein system.
- Great Panther Mining Limited updated mineral resource estimates for their Topia and Guanajuato Mine Complex (GMC), located in Durango and Guanajuato states respectively. Mineral Resources Estimates for each mine are shown in the tables below:
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Monarca Minerals Inc., announced the resignation of its current President and CEO effective March 4, 2022, and the appointment of the replacement. Both members will remain as Directors of the company (San Jose project, Chihuahua).
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Grupo México continues to firmly support Cananea against COVID-19. The company donated more than 900 personal protection items to government institutions, civil society organizations and the City Hall of Cananea.
- Fundación Grupo México launched a contest to present high-impact projects for the solution of social and/or environmental problems. Through the Foundation’s Institutional Support area, it seeks to implement this type of initiative with the aim of adding to the transformation of the cycle of traditional philanthropy, offering a procurement model that provides training, accompaniment, alliances and a novel funding source; thus contributing to creating a new vision of Corporate Social Responsibility and philanthropy.
- Peñoles and Fresnillo plc promote the participation of girls and women in science. Peñoles and Fresnillo plc have sponsored teams throughout the country, whose members show an unparalleled passion for the challenge of developing robotics projects that represent an opportunity for social, economic and environmental improvement in their communities.
- Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.) informed that the 460 tons generated by the company of urban solid waste and special handling in 2021 were subjected to recycling and use processes, fulfilling the objective of caring for the environment, taking advantage of resources and protecting the health of the people, collaborators, and surrounding communities.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, a banded quartz vein from a low sulphidation epithermal vein project in Chihuahua, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.