Secondary copper staining
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 2nd week of the year (January 10th to January 16th, 2022), at least 27 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 4 news published by the media, with eleven reporting resources and developments of their properties, six communicating production results, six informing on exploration results, four disclosing deals and corporate issues, three commenting on Mexican issues, and one discussing social issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Jaime Gutiérrez Núñez, President of the Mexican Mining Chamber (CAMIMEX) stated that political risk causes a reduction in the mining investment in Mexico. Alfonso Durazo, governor of Sonora State declared that the Mining Fund program will be back in the state after it was frozen for a little more than three years. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Reyna Gold reported surface and trench sampling results from its La Gloria project, Colibri announced it has purchased a RC drilling rig to reduce drilling expenses, and Heliostar informed that its 5,000m drill program at its Cumaro project has recommenced after the Christmas break. In Chihuahua, Mammoth added additional drill contractor to its ongoing drill program at its Tenoriba project. Radius Gold and Riverside provided a review of 2021 and an update of their Mexican properties. ON MINING, Americas Gold and Silver reported December 2021 production results from its Cosalá operation in Sinaloa. Torex announced production results from its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero for the full year 2021. Endeavour reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from their Mexican mine operations. Golden Minerals reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Rodeo project, Durango. Equinox announced Q4, 2021 production from their Mexican operations and provided production guidance for the year 2022. Gatos Silver reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Cerro Los Gatos mine, Chihuahua. ON FINANCING, no relevant news. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Silver Tiger released results from its ongoing drilling program at its El Tigre project, Sonora. Prime announced results from 13 new holes drilled at the Noche Buena deposit within its Los Reyes property in Sinaloa. Avino provided results from its Phase 2 drilling program conducted at its Avino property in Durango. Capitan Mining reported results from six RC holes collared at its Peñoles project in Durango. Excellon released results from its underground drilling program conducted at the Platosa property in Durango. Fabled released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Maria project, Chihuahua. Zacatecas Silver received permits for 13 new drill pads and applied for permits on additional 27 drill pads at its Panuco deposit in Zacatecas. Silver Dollar announced that exploration drilling has recommenced at its La Joya project, Durango. Oroco Resource reported results from eight drill holes collared at its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. Osisko released drill results on its San Antonio project in Sonora. GoGold release results from 13 drill holes collared at its Los Ricos North project, Jalisco. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Ranchero Gold announced the appointment of its President effective immediately (Santa Daniela project, Sonora). Starcore announced the appointment of its new President and Director (San Martin mine, Queretaro). Capitan Mining entered into a purchase agreement to acquire a portfolio of royalties including a 2% royalty on the Capitan Gold oxide deposit in Durango. Endeavour entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Pitarrilla project in Durango State from SSR Mining. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, Compañia Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver) along with local municipal authorities delivered toys to more than 20,000 girls and boys from Oaxaca.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Jaime Gutiérrez Núñez, President of the Mexican Mining Chamber (CAMIMEX) stated that political risk causes a reduction in the mining investment in Mexico. The lack of legal certainty and a complex environment for obtaining licenses and concessions are holding back investment in the Mexico’s mining sector, despite the rise in metal prices. Actual spending was USD $4.25B, 15.6% below the original estimates, according to CAMIMEX. The figure is lower than the USD $4.67B in 2019 and is well below the high of USD $8.42B in 2012. Due to the lack of mining concessions, investment opportunities of USD $25B are lost in the country. Currently, there are 29 applications detained in the Secretary of the Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) and 34 at the National Water Commission (CONAGUA). With an adequate legal framework and adequate incentives, mining activity could generate 50 thousand additional direct jobs and more than MXP $25B a year in addition to those already paid by mining. “The statements of the President (against mining), not granting mining concessions, denying access to information, making procedures increasingly slow, although the terms are established in the law, and the lack of personnel in the Mining Directorate General have impeded the advancement of mining projects in the country”.
- Alfonso Durazo, governor of Sonora State, declared that the Mining Fund program could be back in the state after it was frozen for a little more than three years by the Federal government. If the Mining Fund is back, the injection of resources into the entity in this 2022 will be greater than MXP $1,000M, same that will benefit the mining towns and incidentally will give a good respite to state public finances.
- Reyna Gold Corp., reported surface and trench sampling results from its La Gloria project. To date, 1,252 sample results have been received from the Main Zone area where drilling will commence this coming February. A total of 555 samples out of 713 returned greater than 0.1 g/t Au, including 23 with greater than 5 g/t Au at Big Pit area. High grade values were encountered at Big Pit and Pique Viejo areas including values of 93.9 g/t Au, 36.2 g/t Au, 46.1 g/t Au, 24.4 g/t Au, 20.1 g/t Au. Other areas such as Las Quintas, Las Quintas West, San Pedro, and Alamo Muerto returned values of 20.1 g/t Au, 15.9 g/t Au, 13.3 g/t Au, 11.1 g/t Au, 13.6 g/t Au, and 9.3 g/t Au. Reyna Gold has already the drill permits to commence a drilling program at Big Pit and Pique Viejo areas in February, 2022. Sampling and mapping will continue in other target areas of the property.
- Colibri Resource Corporation announced it has purchased a RC drilling rig and peripheral equipment to reduce drilling expenses and advance its exploration work at their Mexican properties.
- Heliostar Metals limited informed that its 5,000m drill program at its Cumaro project has recommenced after the Christmas break. Heliostar reported that four holes totalling 428m were completed in December 2021. Results are pending and will be released in late February.
- Mammoth Resources Corp., added additional drill contractor to its ongoing drill program at its Tenoriba project. The company reported that 4 holes collared at the Central-Masuparia area were completed prior to the Christmas break. Samples were cut and submitted to the lab. Results are pending. Last December, 2021, Mammoth announced the granting of an additional permit to cover an additional 183 drill hole locations, expanding the total number of permitted drill hole locations to 321 over the entire approximately 6-km trend of surface gold-silver mineralization at Tenoriba property, Chihuahua.
- Radius Gold Inc., provided a review of 2021 and an update of their Mexican properties. At Amalia project. Chihuahua, 45 drill holes totalling 14,402m have been completed of which 10,588m in 31 holes were drilled in the Amalia Vein System and 3,814m in 14 holes were drilled in the California Vein System. Drilling has re-commenced at El Cuervo target with 3,500m of core drilling expected in the coming months. There are still several targets remaining to drill test including Oro Viejo, La Caverna, California SE, El Pozo and Palmillas. At Maricela project, Sonora, the company mapped and sampled the Au-Ag Epithermal Vein system, extending 1.5km long by 300m wide, within which occurs multiple veins, stockworks, and breccias. 576 samples have been collected with highlights including intervals of 4.46 g/t Au and 1,335 g/t Ag over 3m at la Baby Gloria Vein; 1.03 g/t Au and 418 g/t Ag over 63 at Silver Central Vein; and 0.31 g/t Au and 62 g/t Ag over 25.3m at intersecting veins. At Plata Verde project, Chihuahua, Radius completed a geophysical survey. NP/Resistivity sections show significant structural zones extending to depth directly below the known large scale historic silver mines. Two priority targets for drilling have been generated. In addition, the company completed detail underground mapping and sampling of the historic Mina Real y Mina Mojonera. Radius is evaluating options to fund drilling later this year.
- Riverside Resources inc., provided an outlook on the upcoming 2022 and informed on some of the achievements and milestones in 2021. Riverside plans to advance their exploration projects in Sonora. It plans to advance its La Union project in Sonora, where sampling results have returned up to 84 g/t Au and >1,500 g/t Ag in rock chip samples. On the exploration alliance with BHP, the company is progressing on 3 funded programs with spending of over USD $3M in the first 6 months of 2022, doing exploration on selected and defined projects, finalizing third party acquisitions, and advance work toward drilling. At Cecilia project, Sonora, along with its partner Carlyle, the objective is to complete further drilling which could define a possible mineralized body at depth around the Cerro Magallanes main dome. At Los Cuarentas project in Sonora, the plan is to advance it with further drilling and test the porphyry copper center. It also wants to complete further farm out option deals from the Riverside portfolio such as Suaqui Grande and Suaqui Verde projects in Sonora, among others. Finally, it plans to work with partners to test porphyry copper targets at its Ariel project, Sonora.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corporation reported that it milled approximately 47K tonnes at a rate of 1,695 tonnes per operating day during, December 2021, with grades of 54 g/t Ag, 4% Zn, and 1.8% Pb to produce 46K Oz Ag, 3.2M Lb Zn, and 1.3M Lb Pb from its Cosalá operation in Sinaloa.
- Torex Gold Resources inc., announced production results from its El Limon-Guajes mine in Guerrero for Q4 and the full year 2021. The company mined in Q4, 2021, an average of 1,030 tonnes per day from underground and 9,390 tonnes per day from open pit to produce 109,410 Oz Au. Torex mined an average of 1,260 tonnes per day from underground and 13,040 tonnes per day from open pit in the full year 2021 to produce 468,200 Oz Au. The company sold 468,820 Oz Au at an average realized price of USD $1,790/Oz Au, including 109,390 Oz Au at an average realized price of USD $1,795/Oz Au.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from their Mexican mine operations. During the period Q4, 2021, the company processed from Guanacevi mine, Durango 108.3K tonnes of 1.21 g/t Au and 417 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 92.2% and 89.6% respectively to produce 3,885 Oz Au and 1.3M Oz Ag, and from Bolañitos mine, Guanajuato, 105.2K tonnes of 1.83 g/t Au and 48 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 88.9% and 87% respectively to produce 5,502 Oz Au and 141.2K Oz Ag. Endeavour also reported full year production results from their Mexican mines. It processed 414.3K tonnes from Guanacevi mine, Durango at grades of 1.09 g/t Au and 370 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 91.7% and 87.9% respectively to produce 13,317 Oz Au and 4.33M Oz Ag; from Bolañitos mine, Guanajuato itprocessed 418.5K tonnes of 2.02 g/t Au and 42 g/t Ag wit metallurgical recoveries of 90.7% and 87% respectively to produce 24,652 Oz Au and 491.4K Oz Ag; and from El Compas mine, Zacatecas it processed 54.5K tonnes of 3.05 g/t Au and 36 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 80.2% and 72.5% respectively to produce 4,293 Oz Au and 45.8K Oz Ag. Consolidated results for the period Q4, 2021 were 213.5K tonnes of 1.52 g/t Au and 235 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 90.8% and 89.4% respectively to produce 9,446 Oz Au and 1.44M Oz Ag, while for the full year 2021 were 887.4K tonnes of 1.65 g/t Au and 195 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 89.8% and 87.6% respectively to produce 42,262 Oz Au and 4.87M Oz Ag.
- Golden Minerals Company reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Rodeo project, Durango. In Q4, 2021, Golden mined 145,205 tonnes and processed 42,827 tonnes of 4.6 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 76.5% and 82.6% respectively to produce 4,831 Oz Au and 15,250 Oz Ag (5,028 Oz AuEq). The company sold 5,164 Oz Au and 15,552 Oz Ag (5,366 Oz AuEq) at realized price, before refining and selling costs of USD $1,784 per Oz Au and USD $23.08 per Oz Ag. In the full year 2021, Golden mined 661,102 tonnes and processed 149,411 tonnes of 4.1 g/t Au and 12 g/t Ag with metallurgical recoveries of 74.9% and 89.9% respectively to produce 14,449 Oz Au and 51,058 Oz Ag (15,256 Oz AuEq). The company sold 13,732 Oz Au and 48,970 Oz Ag (14,454 Oz AuEq) at realized price, before refining and selling costs of USD $1,793 per Oz Au and USD $24.83 per Oz Ag.
- Equinox Gold Corporation announced full year 2021 production from their Mexican operations and provided production guidance for the year 2022. At Los Filos mine, Guerrero, the company produced 144.1K Oz Au and expects to produce 120K-140K Oz Au in the year 2022. At Mercedes mine, Sonora, the company produced 31.8K Oz Au and expects to produce 30K-45K Oz Au in the year 2022.
- Gatos Silver Inc., reported Q4 and full year 2021 production results from its Cerro Los Gatos mine, Chihuahua. In Q4, 2021 the company milled 241,397 tonnes of 331 g/t Ag, 0.3 g/t Au, 2.2% Pb, and 3.9% Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 90%, 63%, 91%, and 93% respectively, to produce 2.3M Oz Ag, 1,300 Oz Au, 10.2M Lb Pb, and 12.9M Lb Zn. In the full year 2021, Gatos Silver milled 909,586 tonnes of 295 g/t Ag, 0.32% Au, 2.3% Pb, and 3.9% Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 86%, 61%, 86%, and 73% respectively, to produce 7.6M Oz Ag, 5,200 Oz Au, 39.8M Lb Pb, and 49.6M Lb Zn.
- Oroco Resource Corp., reported results from eight drill holes collared in the North Zone within its Santo Tomas project in Sinaloa. Significant drill intercepts were encountered in hole N001 with 0.18% Cu, 0.012% Mo, 0.02 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag over 27m, plus 0.39% Cu, 0.01% Mo, 0.045 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag over 255m, plus 0.17% Cu, 0.003% Mo, 0.008 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag over 49m; hole N002 with 0.38% Cu, 0.012% Mo, 0.025 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag over 281.1m; hole N003 with 0.31% Cu, 0.009% Mo, 0.014 g/t Au and 3g/t Ag over 11.8m, plus 0.33% Cu, 0.018% Mo, 0.017 g/t Au, and 1g/t Ag over 17.7m, plus 0.29% Cu, 0.025% Mo, 0.02 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 25.5m, plus 0.5% Cu, 0.008% Mo, 0.026 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 14.3m, plus 0.39% Cu, 0.014% Mo, 0.019 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 207.7m, plus 0.18% Cu, 0.002% Mo, 0.007 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag over 76.2m, hole N004 with 0.38% Cu, 0.012% Mo, 0.017 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag over 63.7m; hole N006 with 0.39% Cu, 0.004% Mo, 0.051 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag over 188.5m, plus 0.17% Cu, 0.005% Mo, 0.011 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag over 53.7m, hole N007 with 0.32% Cu, 0.005% Mo, 0.029 g/t Au, and 3 g/t Ag over 191.3m, plus 0.32% Cu, 0.012% Mo, 0.018 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 109.9m; and hole N008 with 0.38% Cu, 0.01% Mo, 0.038 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 328.3m. “Drilling confirms that the North Zone is comprised of intensely fractured, potassic- and phyllic-altered andesite volcanics and Laramide-age porphyritic intrusive dikes. Elevated Mo, Au and Ag accompany copper assays along the central axis of the North Zone”.
- Osisko Gold Royalties Inc., announced that a total of 27,000m were completed on exploration and infill drilling on the Sapuchi, California and Golfo de Oro deposits at its San Antonio project in Sonora. These three deposits comprise 900m of a 3km long Iron Oxide Copper Gold (IOCG) trend that ends at the past producing Luz del Cobre copper deposit. The highlights of the drilling campaign to date include 2.14 g/t Au over 21.65m, and 1.03 g/t Au over 39.9m to extend the known mineralization. Osisko also announced that the historic gold stockpile is being stacked onto a new heap leach pad with production commencing in early 2022 along with an updated resource estimation for the three deposits being drilled.
- No relevant news.
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Silver Tiger Metals Inc., released results from its ongoing drilling program at its El Tigre project, Sonora, including a high grade intercept in a structure located between the Tiger Vein and the Seitz Kelly Vein. Hole ET-21-274 encountered 0.84 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag (65 g/t AgEq) over 15m, including 1.42 g/t Au and 1 g/t Ag (108 g/t AgEq) over 4.5m, plus 0.4 g/t Au, 8 g/t Ag, 0.02% Cu, 0.02% Pb, and 0.03% Zn (41 g/t AgEq) over 6.3m, including 0.71 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, 0.02% Cu, 0.03% Pb, and 0.1% Pb (73 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m on Seitz Kelly Vein; and hole ET-21-278 encountered in a new structure 3.99 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.04% Cu, 0.09% Pb, and 0.17% Zn (343 g/t AgEq) over 16.1m, including 12.24 g/t Au, 84 g/t Ag, 0.11% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.3% Zn (1,029 g/t AgEq) over 5.1m, including 102.1 g/t Au, 120 g/t Ag, 0.13% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.4% Zn (7,808 g/t AgEq) over 0.6m, plus 0.01 g/t Au, 78 g/t Ag, 0.07% Cu, 0.06% Pb, and 0.02% Zn (88 g/t AgEq) over 0.9m, plus 0.04 g/t Au, 86 g/t Ag, 0.1% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (108 g/t AgEq) over 1m on Seitz Kelley Vein.
- Prime Mining Corp., announced results from 13 new holes drilled at the Noche Buena deposit within its Los Reyes property in Sinaloa. Highlights include hole 21NB-22 with 16 g/t Au and 74 g/t Ag over a true width (TW) of 2.7m, plus 0.91 g/t Au and 44 g/t Ag over a TW of 24.3m, including 3.49 g/t Au and 82 g/t Ag over a TW of 0.9m; hole 21NB-23 with 75 g/t Au and 110 g/t Ag over a TW of 3.8m, plus 1.89 g/t Au and 76 g/t Ag over a TW of 19.7m, including 4.83 g/t Au and 250 g/t Ag over a TW of 3m; hole 21NB-21 with 92 g/t Au and 24 g/t Ag over a TW of 12.8m, plus 1.09 g/t Au and 66 g/t Ag over a TW of 4.3m; and hole 21NB-17 with 1.27 g/t Au and 13 g/t Ag over a TW of 12m, including 38 g/t Au and 8 g/t Ag over a TW of 2.2m. These drilling results have extended the size of the Noche Buena deposit. “The Noche Buena portion of the Central Structure has now been tested and mineralization identified along approximately 600 m of its known 1,000 m strike length. The structure remains open along strike and at depth both to the northwest and the southeast. Phase 2 drilling is planned to test extensions to the northwest towards San Miguel, where there is strong potential to join the two deposits, and to the southeast where the structure has been traced in surface mapping”.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines Ltd., provided results from its Phase 2 drilling program conducted at its Avino property in Durango. The company informed that over 15,500m were drilled in 2021 testing several targets including Brecha de Bajo Vein, where the company made the discovery of a new vein splay called Bart Vein which appears to be mineralized. Highlights results from Brecha de Bajo and Bart Veins include hole NBX-21-02 with 0.06 g/t Au, 151 g/t Ag, 0.37% Cu, 0.06% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (211 g/t AgEq) over 1.20m, plus 0.08 g/t Au, 21 g/t Ag, 0.55% Cu, and 0.2% Zn (103 g/t AgEq) over 7.8m, and plus 0.06 g/t Au, 48 g/t Ag, 0.76% Cu, and 00.3% Zn (159 g/t AgEq) over 0.65m; hole NBX-21-03 with 0.14 g/t Au, 84 g/t Ag, 0.32% Cu, and 0.2% Zn (147 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m, plus 0.27 g/t Au, 72 g/t Ag, 0.26% Cu, 0.3% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (141 g/t AgEq) over 15.4m, including 0.3 g/t Au, 380 g/t Ag, 1.19% Cu, 0.4% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (547 g/t AgEq) over 1.05m, plus 0.84 g/t Au, 44 g/t Ag, 0.21% Cu, and 0.2% Pb (151 g/t AgEq) over 32.2m, including 1.58 g/t Au, 120 g/t Ag, 0.11% Cu, and 0.1% Pb (267 g/t AgEq) over 1.95m.
- Capitan Mining Inc., reported results from six RC holes collared at its Peñoles project in Durango. The most significant drill intercept was encountered in hole CARC 21-48 with 0.39 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag (0.42 g/t AuEq) over 35.1m, including 1.08 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (1.1 g/t AuEq) over 4.6m, including 0.7 g/t Au and 2 g/t Ag (0.72 g/t AuEq) over 4.6m. This drill result extends mineralization 170m down-dip from hole 21-CARC-25. Capitan Mining informed that assays for 11 drill holes are pending. The drilling program will be resumed in late January.
- Excellon Resources Inc., released results from its underground drilling program conducted at the Platosa property in Durango. Follow-up drilling on the 817 Zone below Manto 623 defined a zone of high-grade silver mineralization. Highlights include hole EX21UG76 with 4,035 g/t Ag, 25.2% Pb, and 11.8% Zn (5,089 g/t AgEq) over 0.4m, plus 1,430 g/t Ag, 12% Pb, and 21.7% Zn (3,905 g/t AgEq) over 1.8m; hole EX21UG60 with 2,398 g/t Ag, 14.2% Pb, and 33.2% Zn (3,905 g/t AgEq) over 1.8m; hole EX21UG812 with 1,267 g/t Ag, 7.5% Pb, and 19% Zn (2,124 g/t AgEq) over 2.8m; hole EX21UG769 with 4,060 g/t Ag, 29.7% Pb, and 3.3% Zn (4,939 g/t AgEq) over 0.9m; and hole EX21UG770 with 2,956 g/t Ag, 6.1% Pb, and 1.3% Zn (3,158 g/t AgEq) over 1m. The company also informed that underground drilling will continue testing below historical-mined areas for potential vertical zones.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Maria project, Chihuahua. Hole SM20-48 encountered 0.04 g/t Au, 58 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (60 g/t AgEq) over 1.5m, plus 0.4 g/t Au, 90 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.5% Zn (111 g/t AgEq) over 24.5m, including 0.49 g/t Au, 113 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.7% Zn (139 g/t AgEq) over 17.1m, including 0.6 g/t Au, 129 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.8% Zn (160 g/t AgEq) over 7.5m, including 0.83 g/t Au, 210 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 1.4% Zn (253 g/t AgEq) over 3m, including 1.25 g/t Au, 315 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (379 g/t AgEq) over 1.50m.
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., received permits for 13 new drill pads and applied for permits on additional 27 drill pads at its Panuco deposit in Zacatecas. The Company is currently drilling shallow angled holes in the northeast of the Panuco North Vein to test the near surface down-dip extension of vein outcrops and shallow historical workings. It also expects to receive soon the approval of an application for permits to drill El Cristo vein system, which was submitted to SEMARNAT in December 2021.
- Silver Dollar Resources Inc., announced that exploration drilling has recommenced at its La Joya project, Durango. The company completed 5 holes on the Noria portion of the property for a total of 1,134m before the Christmas break with the aim of testing possible structural extensions of known mineralized zones identified in historical drilling. Sample results from these holes will be reported once they are available.
- GoGold Resources Inc., release results from 13 drill holes collared at Mololoa Area within its Los Ricos North project, Jalisco. Drilling highlights include hole LRGM-21-066 with 1.21 g/t Au and 242g/t Ag (4.44 g/t AuEq or 333 g/t AgEq) over 11.3m, including 5.2 g/t Au and 1,143 g/t Ag (20.44 g/t AuEq or 1,533 g/t AgEq) over 1.4m; hole LRGM-21-068 with 0.6 g/t Au and 155 g/t Ag (2.68 g/t AuEq or 201 g/t AgEq) over 12.9m, including 3.56 g/t Au and 872 g/t Ag (15.19 g/t AuEq or 1,139 g/t AgEq) over 0.7m; hole LRGM-21-077 with 1.51 g/t Au and 376 g/t Ag (6.52 g/t AuEq or 489 g/t AgEq) over 36.3m, including 6.94 g/t Au and 1,683 g/t Ag (29.78 g/t AuEq or 2,204 g/t AgEq) over 6.5m, including 21.8 g/t Au and 5,040 g/t Ag (89 g/t AuEq or 6,675 g/t AgEq) over 1m, plus 5.02 g/t Au and 1,385 g/t Ag (2,349 g/t AuEq or 1,762 g/t AgEq) over 1.6m; and hole LRGM-21-089 with 0.81 g/t Au and 151 g/t Ag (2.82 g/t AuEq or 212 g/t AgEq) over 24.1m, including 2.87 g/t Au and 426 g/t Ag (8.56 g/t AuEq or 641 g/t AgEq) over 4.2m, including 4.18 g/t Au and 748 g/t Ag (14.15 g/t AuEq or 1,061 g/t AgEq). The company is pleased with the drilling results on Mololoa Area and will continue its aggressive resource expansion drilling program at Los Ricos North deposit. GoGold also will commence drilling at the Cabrera zone, which is the newest target for Los Ricos North deposit.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Ranchero Gold Corp., announced the appointment of its President effective immediately (Santa Daniela project, Sonora).
- Starcore International Mines Ltd., announced the appointment of its new President and Director. This appointment follows the resignation of Robert Eadie as President of the Company. Mr. Eadie remains as Chairman, CEO and a director of the Company. (San Martin mine, Queretaro).
- Capitan Mining Inc., entered into a purchase agreement to acquire a portfolio of royalties including a 2% royalty on the Capitan Gold oxide deposit in Durango from Exploraciones Altiplano. Total purchase price of royalty portfolio is USD $1M over two years, payable in cash and shares. “Any shares issued to Altiplano are subject to right of first refusal (ROFR) allowing Capitan to market and place shares with investors if Altiplano elects to sell. This transaction with Altiplano in combination with Capitan’s contractual option to retire Riverside Resources 1% royalty for CAD $250K will leave the Peñoles project royalty free and will enhance overall project economics for investors.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Pitarrilla project in Durango State from SSR Mining Inc., for total consideration of USD $70M and a 1.25% NSR. The USD $70M will consists of USD $35M in Endeavour shares and a further USD $35M in cash or in Endeavour shares at the election of SSR Mining. The number of Endeavour shares to be issued will be based on a deemed price of USD $4.085 per share.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Compañia Minera Cuzcatlán (Fortuna Silver Mines Inc.), along with local municipal authorities from the Valles Centrales de Oaxaca and Cuenca de Papaloapan Regions delivered toys to more than 20,000 girls and boys from Oaxaca. The delivery of toys is an example of the coordinated work that Compañía Minera Cuzcatlán carries out permanently with different communities, as part of its commitment to generate shared development and well-being in Oaxaca.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, secondary copper staining on an IOCG project in Sonora, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.