Scorodite in a quartz vein
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 50th week of the year (December 13th to December 19th, 2021), at least 30 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, and 1 news published by the media, with nine reporting resources and developments of their properties, eight disclosing deals and corporate issues, seven informing on exploration results, three communicating production and financial results, one announcing financial issues, and one commenting on Mexican issues. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Great Panther announced that it has begun the closure process at its Guanajuato facility due to not having the respective permit to expand tailings storage in the Jolula Dam. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Aztec Minerals and its JV partner Kootenay commenced a 5,000m RC drilling program at the Cervantes project, Barksdale announced the completion of the Phase I, 5,000m drilling program at the Cerro Verde Zone within its San Javier project, Canuc provided an update on the ongoing exploration program conducted at its San Javier project, and Tocvan commenced a 5,000-8,000m drilling program at its Pilar project. In Chihuahua, Kootenay released results from the last three holes collared at its Columba project, Monarca Minerals reported results from the last eight holes from its Phase 1 San Jose project exploration program, and Radius released drill results from the California target at its Amalia project. ON MINING, Americas Gold and Silver announced that its Los Braceros plant has returned to nameplate production at its Cosala mine operation in Sinaloa. GoGold reported Q3, 2021 production and financial results from its Parral Tailings property in Chihuahua. Orla announced that three bars with a total weight of 1,278 Oz containing approximately 770 Oz Au and 510 Oz Ag were poured at its Camino Rojo property in Zacatecas. ON FINANCING, Barksdale announced a non-brokered private placement of $1,750,000 secured convertible debentures (San Javier project, Sonora). ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Chesapeake provided an update of its Metates property in Durango, and announced technical plans for 2022. Endeavour released drill results from its Parral project, Chihuahua. Fabled released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Impact announced the discovery of the New San Ramon Zone within its Zacualpan mining district in the Sate of Mexico, with high Au-Ag grades intersections. SilverCrest announced remaining results from its 2021 infill and expansion drilling program at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. Tarachi Gold announced positive results of the PEA conducted on its Magistral Mill and Tailing project in Durango. Torex reported results from the 2021 drilling program at its El Limon Guajes underground mine in Guerrero, including zones referred to as Sub-Sill and El Limon Deep. Vizsla released results from three new drill holes targeting the Napoleon Vein resource area at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. Zacatecas Silver reported Initial Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate for its Panuco deposit in Zacatecas. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Advance Lithium announced that its stock symbol changed from TSXV: AAX to TSXV: AALI (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas). Bear Creek entered into a definite agreement with Equinox to acquire a 100% interest in the Mercedes mine in Sonora. Consolidated Zinc entered into an offtake agreement with Metco Trading for the sale of 100% of the Plomosas lead concentrates produced from Plomosas for calendar year 2022. Defiance announced results from its annual and special general meeting of shareholders (San Acacio project, Zacatecas). Golden Minerals appointed a new member to its Board of Directors (Rodeo project, Durango). Mexican Gold announced favourable resolution of the claims dispute at its Las Minas project, Veracruz. ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, no relevant news.
ON MEXICO ISSUE
- Great Panther Mining Limited announced that it has begun the closure process at its Guanajuato facility. Great Panther issued a statement announcing the gradual closure of activities, due to not having the respective permit to expand tailings storage in the Jolula Dam, which is part of the mining complex. According to Great Panther, the permit was requested to the National Water Commission (CONAGUA) but so far it has not been authorized. For that reason the company cannot continue operating; but the operations will return, once they receive said authorization. The activities will continue solely for the care and maintenance of facilities. The mines that will be shut down are San Ignacio, the Guanajuato Complex and the Jolulaprocessing plant, located in the former Hacienda de Bustos, also known as ‘Cata’. Mine workers have expressed concern about the situation because when the activities stop in the mines in which they work they will lose their economic income. The precise data on how many employees will be affected by the situation is not yet available.
- Aztec Minerals Corp., and its JV partner Kootenay Silver Inc., commenced a 5,000m RC drilling program to test four main targets at the Cervantes project in Sonora. “The primary objectives of the drilling program are to better define the near surface, oxide gold potential of the porphyry gold oxide cap at California, evaluate the potential for deeper copper-gold porphyry sulfide mineralization underlying the oxide cap, test for north and west extensions of the California mineralization at California North and Jasper, and assess the breccia potential of Purisima East”.
- Barksdale Resources Corp., announced the completion of the Phase I, 5,000m drilling program conducted at the Cerro Verde Zone within its San Javier project. All of the 36 holes collared at Cerro Verde encountering Cu mineralization. Significant drill results were encountered in hole SJ21-09 with 0.74% Cu over 18m, including 1.75% Cu over 15m; hole SJ21-07 with 1.47% Cu over 15m, plus 0.54% Cu over 12m; hole SJ21-15 with 0.49% Cu over 66m; hole SJ21-08 with 0.64% Cu over 18m, plus 0.54% Cu over 12m; and hole SJ-21-18 with 0.45% Cu over 12m. Although there are still 15 drill holes at the lab pending for results, the drilling has confirmed and expanded the footprint of the Cerro Verde Zone and indicates that Cu mineralization remains open particularly to the south, west, and northeast. The company has logged and sampled all the 36 drill holes collared during the 5,000m, Phase I drill program. It is currently working on completing an updated geological model in early Q1, 2022. Barksdale plans to conduct an initial resource estimate for the Cerro Verde Zone once assays are delivered by the lab.
- Canuc Resources Corporation provided an update on the ongoing exploration program at its San Javier project in Sonora. Approximately 11.2 km of drill and trench access roads were completed during the year. One of these roads encountered bedrock consisting of stockwork quartz veining and hydrothermal breccia. A strong northwest trending structure containing gold mineralization was identified along a strike length of more than 3 km. A total of 672 samples were collected from these trenches and road cuts, returning values ranging from <0.005 to 3.18 g/t Au; 00.3 to 169 g/t Ag, and 5ppm to 2.85% Cu. Highlights include 0.47 g/t Au and 0.37% Cu over 14.5m; 0.3 g/t Au over 56m; 0.21 g/t Au over 26m; 0.19 g/t Au over 10m; and 0.16 g/t Au and 0.48% Cu over 13m. Canuc also announced that 27 samples averaging 0.70m wide were collected from known magnetite bearing prospects in the northern part of the property returning up to 1.67 g/t Au, 1,877 g/t Ag and 6,823 ppm Cu, with a weighted average of 0.09 g/t Au, 295 g/t Ag, and 1,784 ppm Cu. In addition, seven channel samples averaging 0.8m wide collected from old mine workings found on recently acquired claims returned notable values in Au (up to 1.67 g/t), Ag (up to 511 g/t) and Cu (up to 1,854 ppm), with a weighted average of 0.15 g/t Au, 282 g/t Ag, and 604 ppm Cu. A drone-supported magnetic survey was completed late in the year and was accompanied by reconnaissance scale geological mapping. Several large magnetic anomalies were identified and targeted for drill testing. The San Javier area has become increasingly recognized as being highly prospective for IOCG, porphyry and other Intrusion-related Au, Ag and Cu-Au mineralization.
- Tocvan Ventures Corp., commenced a 5,000-8,000m drilling program at its Pilar project. “Drilling will focus on continued step-out drilling along the Main Zone Trend and new 4-Trench Trend. Exploration drilling will continue to evaluate target areas along the Triple Vein Zone. Surface exploration work is currently underway on key target areas and channel samples from the recent trench program have been submitted for analysis”.
- Kootenay Silver Inc., released results from the last three holes of the 2021 Phase 3 drilling program performed on the B Vein within its Columba project in Chihuahua. Hole CDH-21-111 encountered 105 g/t Ag, 0.04% Pb, and 0.06% Zn over 5.29m, including 190 g/t Ag, 0.07% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 2.15m, including 387 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb and 0.1% Zn over 0.65m; hole CDH-21-112 intersected 125 g/t Ag, 0.05% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 0.7m, plus 174 g/t Ag, 0.07% Pb, and 0.15% Zn over 0.65m, plus 219 g/t Ag, 0.06% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 29.50m, including 434 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn over 13.05m, including 667 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.3 Zn over 7.05m, including 1,050 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 0.2% Zn over 2m, including 781 g/t Ag, 1% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 1m; and hole CDH-21-13 with 156 g/t Ag, 0.06% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 3.5m, including 574 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over 0.6m, plus 47 g/t Ag, 0.01% Pb, and 0.06% Zn over 54.90m, including 114 g/t Ag, 0.01% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over 3m, including 393 g/t Ag, 0.03% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over 2.05m, including 628 g/t Ag, 0.05% Pb, and 0.4% Zn over 1.10m. The company is focused on designing a drill program for the coming year to test the promising high-grade zones at Columba, including the B Vein.
- Monarca Minerals Inc., reported results from the last eight holes from its Phase 1 San Jose project exploration program. Highlights include hole SJ-05 with 0.3 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag, and 0.94% Cu over 4.6m, including 0.42g/t Au, 5 g/t Ag, and 0.21% Cu over 1.5m, and hole SJ-8 with 0.04 g/t Au, 79 g/t Ag, 0.34% Cu, 0.4% Pb, and 1.5% Zn over 1.5m, plus 0.36 g/t Au, 3 g/t Ag, 1% Cu, tr Pb, and 0.02% Zn over 6.1m, plus 0.84 g/t Au, <0.5 g/t Ag, 0.07% Cu, tr Pb, and tr Zn over 1.5m, plus 3.11 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.13% Cu, 0.08% Pb, and 0.06% Zn over 3m, including 4.29 g/t Au, 53 g/t Ag, 0.18% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.04% Zn over 1.5m. “Mineralization has been intersected in exoskarn and endoskarn and silicified intrusives, which are locally potassically altered with shreddy biotite and potassium feldspar. The area to the west of the completed drilling, where there is potential for skarn mineralization at the contact between mineralized intrusives and overlying dolomitized limestone is the site of the largest IP anomaly in the project area, which remains un-drilled from above where the dolomitized limestone outcrops”.
- Radius Gold Inc., released drill results from the California target at its Amalia project in Chihuahua. Significant drill interceptions were encountered in holes AMDD21-45 with 60 g/t Ag over 87.25m, including 104 g/t Ag over 10.95m, plus 165 g/t Ag over 3.1m, and plus 187 g/t Ag over 3.3m; hole AMDD21-034 with 87 g/t Ag and 2.15 g/t Au over 3.95m; hole AMDD21-038 with 379 g/t Ag and 1.26 g/t Au over 11.20m; hole AMDD21-039 with 353 g/t Ag and 2.59 g/t Au over 12.75m; and hole AMDD21-044 with 346 g/t Ag and 0.63 g/t Au over 19.05m. “The system remains open to expansion along strike and to depth and so far has only been drilled on 200m centers. With the San Pedro zone drill defined and infill drilling planned for next year at California, we will be in a position to define a significant resource at the Amalia Property. With drilling on-going at the El Cuervo target and many targets remaining to drill test (Oro Viejo, La Caverna, and California SE), 2022 will be an exciting year for Radius”.
- Americas Gold and Silver Corporation announced that its Los Braceros plant has returned to nameplate production at its Cosala mine operation in Sinaloa. The company now is milling over 1,600 tonnes of ore per day grading 55 g/t Ag, 4.5 % Zn, and 1.9% Pb. Starting January, 2022 the company expects to increase the throughput to an average of 1,800 tonnes per operating day.
- GoGold Resources Inc., reported Q3, 2021 production and financial results from its Parral Tailings property in Chihuahua. The company produced 475,734 Oz AgEq at a cash and AISC of USD $14.25 and USD $19.29 per Oz AgEq. GoGold reported revenue of USD $10.95M; cost of sales, including depreciation of USD $8.4M; operating income of USD $178K; and cash flow from operations of USD $538K. Year to date September 30, 2021, GoGold has produced 1.14M Oz Ag, 13,447 Oz Au, and 1.05.M Lb Cu (or 2.27M Oz AgEq). The company reported revenue of USD $53.2M; cash of USD $66.8M, free cash of USD $24.8M, company cash flow from operations before working capital of USD $18.9M, and USD $12.4 M after working capital; and adjusted net income of USD $11M.
- Orla Mining Ltd., announced that three bars with a total weight of 1,278 Oz containing approximately 770 Oz Au and 510 Oz Ag were poured at its Camino Rojo property in Zacatecas. During the month of November, the Company mined a total of 466,215 ore tonnes at an average grade of 0.65 g/t Au and crushed and stacked a total of 374,976 tonnes on the heap leach pad. Year to date November 30, 2021, the Company mined a total of 1,589,994 tonnes of ore at an average grade of 0.72 g/t Au and crushed and stacked a total of 750,564 tonnes.
- Barksdale Resources Corp., announced a non-brokered private placement of $1,750,000 secured convertible debentures arranged through Delbrook Capital Advisors Inc., an existing shareholder of the company. The net proceeds from the private placement will be used for general corporate and working capital purposes (San Javier project, Sonora).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Chesapeake Gold Corp., provided an update of its Metates property in Durango, and announced technical plans for 2022. Management members and technical team of the company have been focused on improving the Metates ´project economics as a low cost, scalable mine, and the PEA showed positive results demonstrating an alternative mine plan with an approximately 90% decrease in development capital compared to an autoclave process flow sheet. The company plans to advance the metallurgical and technical work on Metates. In addition, the five-hole PQ diameter core drill program completed for metallurgical test work returned on average, a 19% increase in grade over the block model predicted grades. An overall increase in grade could have a significant impact on the PEA geological model and further improve project economics. Two diamond drill rigs commenced a 16-hole infill program that will drill both up and down dip as well as along strike between the June 2021 holes. The Company expects to release results in early 2022 once assays have been received. Once the assays are received, an updated block model inputting all 21 holes will be the basis for a revised resource estimate, mine planning and future technical studies. On the other hand, Chesapeake plans to carry out follow-up work on four of their regional projects: Nicole, Durango, Lucy, Sinaloa, Sundae, Sinaloa, and Tatatila, Veracruz.
- Endeavour Silver Corp., released drill results from its Parral project, Chihuahua. In this year, the company has drilled over 14,000m in 59 holes targeting several areas along the La Colorada vein with the goal of expanding the current mineral resources. Highlights from recent drill results include hole VCS-10 on Veta Colorada with 0.01 g/t Au, 2,846 g/t Ag, 0.65% Cu, and 0.01% Zn (2,914 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.89m, including 0.01 g/t Au, 3,380 g/t Ag, and 0.77% Cu (3,461 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.79m; hole VCU-38 on the hangingwall of Veta Colorada with 0.05 g/t Au, 204 g/t Ag, 0.07% Cu, 0.8% Pb, and 1.2% Zn (278 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.75m, including 0.08 g/t Au, 541 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 0.8% Pb, and 2.2% Zn (667 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.33m, plus 0.11 g/t Au, 840 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 9.1% Pb, and 4.7% Zn (1,288 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 2.77m on Veta Colorada, including 0.26 g/t Au, 1,585 g/t Ag, 0.55% Cu, 34.9% Pb, and 4.4% Zn (2,755 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.36m; and hole VCU-50 collared on Veta Colorada with 0.55 g/t Au, 708 g/t Ag, 0.2% Cu, 10.9% Pb, and 12.4% Zn (1,504 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.23m, including 0.91 g/t Au, 1,130 g/t Ag, 0.25% Cu, 18.9% Pb, and 18.7% Zn (2,406 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.69m.
- Fabled Silver Gold Corp., released results from its ongoing drilling program at its Santa Maria project in Chihuahua. Hole SM20-44 encountered 1.1 g/t Au, 20 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, 0.1% Pb, and 0.2% Zn (86 g/t AgEq) over 7.95m, including 1.42 g/t Au, 31 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.3% Zn (104 g/t AgEq) over 5.80m, including 1.68 g/t Au, 40 g/t Ag, 0.01% Cu, 0.2% Pb, and 0.4% Zn (129 g/t AgEq) over 4.05m, including 5 g/t Au, 42 g/t Ag, 0.01% Pb, 0.03% Pb, and 0.1% Zn (229 g/t AgEq) over 1.10m.
- Impact Silver Corp., announced the discovery of high grade at the New San Ramon Zone located 50m to the south and 150m up dip from previous underground mining and drilling at the San Ramon Mine, within its Zacualpan mining district in Sate of Mexico. A total of 3,726m of drilling in 14 holes has been completed and highlights include hole Z21-15 with 1,443 g/t Au, 0.07% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over a true width (TW) of 1.93m; hole Z21-16 with 897 g/t Ag, 1.6% Pb, and 7.9% Zn over a TW of 1.93m; hole Z21-17 with 453 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over a TW of 2.1m; hole Z21-22 with 410 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.3% Zn over a TW of 1.81m; hole Z21-24 with 568 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 1% Zn over a TW of 3.65m; and hole Z21-28 with 480 g/t Ag, 0.1% Pb, and 0.1% Zn over a TW of 2.25m. “Known mineralization over the total San Ramon workings has a down dip length of 430m and a strike length of 500m. It remains open for expansion and additional drilling is in progress”.
- SilverCrest Metals Inc., announced remaining results from its 2021 infill and expansion drilling program at its Las Chispas project in Sonora. The company reported that the 2021 infill and expansion drilling program consisted of 109,590m in 301 drill holes that include a total of 102,560m in 281 holes in the Babi Vista, Babi Vista Splay, Babi Vista FWZ, Babi Norte HG, Granaditas and El Muerto Veins. On Babi Vista Vein, 15 new infill drill holes returned an average grade of 10.82 g/t Au and 863 g/t Ag (1,804 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 0.90m. 2021 infill drilling results reported an average grade of 9.05 g/t Au and 782 g/t Ag (1,569 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.8m. On Babi Vista FWZ, 10 new infill drill holes returned an average grade of 14.13 g/t Au and 1,057 g/t Ag (2,285 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.5m. 2021 infill drilling results reported an average grade of 12.58 g/t Au and 2,404 g/t Ag (3,498 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.7m. On Babi Norte HW Vein, infill drill holes returned an average grade of 9.87 g/t Au and 98 g/t Ag (1,506 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.5m. 2021 infill drilling program reported an average grade of 6.27 g/t Au and 628 g/t Ag (1,167 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.5m. On El Muerto Zone and Hanging Wall Vein, the 2021 infill drilling program returned an average grade of 3.97 g/t Au and 274 g/t Ag (619 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1.4m. On Babi Vista Splay Vein, the infill drilling of 41 holes in 2021 reported an average grade of 15.74 g/t Au and 1,316 g/t Ag (2,684 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 1m. On Granaditas Vein, drilling of 40 holes returned an average grade of 11.65 g/t Au and 2,806 g/t Ag (3,819 g/t AgEq) over 1.2m. “In H1, 2022, underground drill rigs will be working on tighter spaced definition drilling at Babicanora Main, Babi Vista and Babicanora Norte veins in support of underground production planning, a required part of the mining cycle. The surface rig will be working on expansion drilling on the northwest extension of the Babi Vista Vein and further infilling of the El Muerto veins”.
- Tarachi Gold Corp., announced positive results of the PEA conducted on its Magistral Mill and Tailing project in Durango. Highlights of the PEA includes an initial capital cost of USD $11.1M and after-tax payback in 1 year; development timeline of 12 months; cash and AISC of USD $648 and USD $705 per Oz Au respectively, net of Ag and Cu credits; pre-tax IRR of 120% and after-tax IRR of 85% at base case price of USD $1,600 Oz Au, USD $22 Oz Ag, and USD $3.40 Lb Cu; pre-tax annual free cash flow of $15.3M and post-tax cash flow of USD $11.3M during years of full-rate production; and Life of Mine of 3.4 years with total production of 53,900 Oz Au, 75,800 Oz Ag, and 1.9M Lb Cu.
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported results from the 2021 drilling program at its El Limon Guajes underground mine in Guerrero, including zones referred to as Sub-Sill and El Limon Deep. Highlights include holes LDUG-49 with 15.04 g/t Au, 15 g/t Ag, and 0.66% Cu over 34m; hole LDUG-152 with 21.52 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag and 0.53% Cu over 22.5m; hole LDUG-148 with 9.65 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag, and 0.18% Cu over 43.5m; hole LDUG-164 with 13.53 g/t Au, 16 g/t Ag, and 0.86% Cu over 28.9m; hole LDUG-166 with 8.92 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag, and 0.21% Cu over 41m; hole LDUG-139 with 9.21 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 0.4% Cu over 25.1m; hole LDUG-165 with 6.95 g/t Au, 6 g/t Ag, and 0.27% Cu over 28.7m; hole LDUG-126 with 56.25 g/t Au, 9 g/t Ag, and 0.18% Cu over 3.5m: hole LDUG-146 with 7.02 g/t Au, 4 g/t Ag, and 0.16% Cu over 26.4m; hole LDUG-159 with 10.1 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag, and 0.12% Cu over 17.8m; hole LDUG-153 with 19.79 g/t Au, 5 g/t Ag, and 0.52% Cu over 7.7m; hole SST-244 with 5.72 g/t Au, 2 g/t Ag, and 0.16% Cu over 24.8m; hole SST-216 with 30.02 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag over 4m; hole SST-232 with 10.21 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, and 1.52% Cu over 11.3m; and hole SST-226 with 10.71 g/t Au, 11 g/t Ag, and 0.44% Cu over 7.8m. To date, Torex has drilled and received assays for 69 drill holes representing approximately 14,200m of drilling. Approximately 5,800m (43 holes) have been drilled at El Limon Deep with an additional 8,400m (26 holes) drilled at Sub-Sill Zone. Torex is expected to complete 25,000m drill program in 2021. There are currently 8 rigs actively drilling off the El Limon Guajes underground, including 3 rigs from surface and 5 rigs underground.
- Vizsla Silver Corp., released results from three new drill holes targeting the Napoleon Vein resource area at its Panuco project in Sinaloa. Significant mineralization was intersected in holes NP-21-190 with 9.12 g/t Au, 1,058 g/t Ag, 4.7% Pb, and 1.7% Zn (1,902 g/t AgEq) over a true width (TW) of 2.33m, plus 5.14 g/t Au, 161 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, 1% Zn (665 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.53M; and hole NP-21-197 with 1.12 g/t Au, 55 g/t Ag, 0.05% Pb, and 0.9% Zn (177 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 4.27M, including 3.27 g/t Au, 73 g/t Ag, 0.08% Pb, and 3.3% Zn (452 g/t AgEq) over a TW of 0.99m.
- Zacatecas Silver Corp., reported Initial Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate for its Panuco deposit in Zacatecas. The company estimated 2.73M tonnes of 171 g/t Ag and 0.17 g/t Au (187 g/t AgEq) for a total of 15.03M Oz Ag and 15K Oz Au (16.4M Oz AgEq), including a zone of 5.1M Oz AgEq at 235 g/t AgEq. The database for the Mineral Resource Estimate consisted of 75 drill holes totalling 23,444 m, and 183 trenches totalling 4,540 m, of which a total of 66 drill holes totalling 19,826 m and 135 trenches totalling 3,545 m intersected the mineralization wireframes used for the Mineral Resource Estimate.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Advance Lithium Corp., announced that its stock symbol changed from TSXV: AAX to TSXV: AALI (Tabasqueña project, Zacatecas).
- Bear Creek Mining Corporation entered into a definite agreement with Equinox Gold Corp., to acquire a 100% interest in the Mercedes mine in Sonora: Terms of the agreement are a cash payment of USD $75M and issuance of 24,730,000 Bear Creek common shares on the closing of the acquisition; a deferred cash payment of USD $25M due within six months of the closing date; and a 2% NSR payable on metal production from the Mercedes mining concessions. The USD $75M cash payment on the closing date will be funded by USD $15M from the company´s treasury, and USD $60M from Sandstorm Gold Ltd. Bear Creek and Sandstorm entered into a gold purchase agreement and a debt financing agreement, both subject to customary closing conditions. In exchange for USD $37.5M, Sandstorm will receive 25,200 ounces of gold over 3.5 years, followed by 4.4% of the gold production from Mercedes for the remainder of the life-of-mine, and Sandstorm will pay Bear Creek USD $22.5M to subscribe for a 6%, three-year convertible debenture. Sandstorm has the right to convert the principal amount of the debenture into common shares of Bear Creek, at any time prior to the maturity date, at a 35% premium, or as approved by the TSX-V, to Bear Creek’s share price on closing of the transaction.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited entered into a offtake agreement with Metco Trading S.A. de C.V. for the sale of 100% of the Plomosas lead concentrates produced from Plomosas for calendar year 2022. Key terms of this agreement include purchase of 100% of lead sulphide concentrates produced from Plomosas; purchase of 100% of lead oxide concentrates, a new lead concentrate product from Plomosas planned to commence production during the 1st quarter of 2022; and fixed treatment charges for 2022, include the new lead oxide concentrates.
- Defiance Silver Corp., announced results from its annual and special general meeting of shareholders (San Acacio project, Zacatecas).
- Golden Minerals Company appointed a new member to its Board of Directors, effective December 9, 2021 (Rodeo project, Durango).
- Mexican Gold Mining Corp., announced favourable resolution of the claims dispute concerning certain lands that overlap a portion of the Company’s Pepe mineral concessions at its Las Minas project, Veracruz. The General Director of Mines in Mexico has ruled in favour of Mexican Gold, thereby nullifying the portion of the overlapping Santa Fe Claims and reducing it such that it is positioned outside of the Company’s mineral claim boundaries as well as the NI 43-101 resource base.
ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No relevant news.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, scorodite in a quartz vein displaying boiling texture from an intermediate sulphidation epithermal vein system in a project in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.