Toronto, Ontario – October 30, 2018 – Excellon Resources Inc. (TSX:EXN and EXN.WT.A; OTC:EXLLF) (“Excellon” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce a significant increase in the Company’s land position around the Miguel Auza property in Zacatecas, Mexico.
VANCOUVER, Oct. 29, 2018 /CNW/ – GOLDCORP INC. (TSX:G, NYSE:GG) (“Goldcorp”) is pleased to announce the Government of Canada intends to support its Borden Project as the recipient of a $5 million investment designed to spur innovation in cleaner, more sustainable mining.
Kootenay Silver Inc. (TSXV: KTN) (the “Company” or “Kootenay”) is pleased to announce that it has acquired the Mecatona Property (the “Property”) by staking of 2,857 hectares in the Parral Silver Mining District, located south of the City of Parral in Chihuahua State, Mexico and southeast of the Company’s flagship La Cigarra Project.
ALORO MINING CORP. – (the “Company”) announces that, further to its news release dated October 5, 2018, the Company has closed a non-brokered private placement (the “Private Placement”) of 8,000,000 common shares (each, a “Share”) at a price of C$0.10 per Share for gross proceeds of C$800,000.
NOTICE IS GIVEN that an Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Azure Minerals Limited ABN 46 106 346 918 (Company) will be held at The Celtic Club, 48 Ord Street, West Perth, Western Australia on 30 November 2018 at 10.00am (WST) for the purpose of transacting the business referred to in this Notice of Annual General Meeting.
Consolidated Zinc Limited (ASX:CZL or “the Company”) is pleased to present the September 2018 quarterly activities report.
Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – October 29, 2018) – Southern Silver Exploration Corp. (TSXV: SSV) (“Southern Silver”) reported today that four additional drill holes have now been completed on the North Skarn Target as part
of the 12,000 metre core hole program at Cerro Las Minitas which successfully extended shallow Skarn Front mineralization laterally from the historic Santo Nino mine and identified several new mineralized intercepts that may form extensions of the El Sol deposit
Southern Silver Exploration Corp. (TSX.V: SSV) (“Southern Silver”) reported that the following directors were re-elected at its annual general meeting held on September 27, 2018: Lawrence Page, Q.C., D. Roger Scammell, Eugene Spiering, Nigel Bunting, Larry Buchanan, Peter Cheesbrough and Donald Head. In addition, the shareholders re-appointed Smythe LLP, Chartered Accountants, as auditor of Southern Silver and approved Southern Silver’s rolling incentive stock option plan pursuant to which a maximum of 10% of the issued shares will be reserved for issuance under the plan. The plan is subject to TSX Venture Exchange acceptance.
CALGARY, Oct. 29, 2018 /CNW/ – PRIZE MINING CORPORATION (“Prize” or the “Company”) (TSXV:PRZ) (OTCQB:PRZFF) (MQSP:GR:FRANKFURT) is pleased to announce that it has retained the engineering and geological consulting firm, Stantec Consulting Ltd. to complete a regional and property-scale data compilation. This project will include such datasets as regional magnetics, gravity, property-scale mapping and sampling, drill hole information and, potentially, remote sensing (satellite imagery). All data will be compiled into a Geographic Information System (GIS) with the intent of gaining a better understanding of the regional controls on copper-silver
mineralization and highlighting areas with the best potential for follow-up drilling.
By Miguel A Heredia
During the 43th week of the year (October 22th to October 28th, 2018), at least 29 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with seven communicating mining activities, seven reporting on resources and developments, five disclosing deals and corporate issues, five announcing financing issues, and four informing on exploration results. ON MEXICO ISSUES, the 13th International Mining Congress Sonora 2018 was held in the city of Hermosillo, Sonora on October 23-26. ON EXPLORATION, In Sonora, Minera Alamos and Minaurum reported exploration results from theirs Santana and Alamos Silver projects respectively. In Chihuahua, Harvest Gold provided an update of the drilling program on its Cerro Cascaron project. In Zacatecas, Santacruz provided drill results from its Veta Grande project. ON MINING, Agnico, Excellon, Fresnillo, GoGold, Goldcorp, Hecla and New Gold reported Q3 2018 results from their Mexican operations. ON FINANCING, Consolidated Zinc raised $1.3M from its share purchase plan, and proposed to raise further $220K. Auxico announced that its common shares are already trading on the NEX Exchange Growth Market. Mexican Gold announced its intention to complete a non-brokered private placement of up to $3M. Oroco Resource increased its previous private placement to rise now up to $750K. Gold Resource declared monthly dividend to shareholders. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Almaden reported infill drilling results within the PFS pit from its Ixtaca project in Puebla. Goldcorp announced proven and probable mineral reserves for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. Mexican Gold announced plans to update resources for its Las Minas project in Veracruz. Premier Gold commenced an underground drilling program at its Marianas/Mercedes mine in Sonora. Pan American Silver discovered wide mineralized zones at its La Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Torex reported infill drilling results for its Media Luna project in Guerrero. Azure released drill results from its Oposura project in Sonora. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Canasil signed a letter of intent providing for Pan American Silver to acquire Canasil´s interest in the Sandra-Escobar project in Durango. Prize Mining retained Link Media to provide communications and market awareness services (Manto Negro, Coahuila). Metalla provided an update on the royalty acquisition of the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora from GoGold. New Gold announced management changes (Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosi). Odyssey provided an update on legal filing for its Don Diego phosphate project in Baja California Sur.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- The 13th International Mining Congress Sonora 2018, was held in Hermosillo, Sonora on October 23-26. Sonora is the top state for mining in all Mexico.
- Minera Alamos Inc., reported drill results of a new broad zone of Au-Ag mineralization from its Santana project in Sonora. Hole S18-121 intersected 95.7m of 0.85 g/t Au, 10 g/t Ag, and 0.33% Cu (1.47 g/t Au Eq), including 70m of 1.1 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, and 0.56% Cu (1.88 g/t Au Eq). “The hole is the first drilled deep enough to intersect this new style of polymetallic mineralization that is associated with an andesite porphyry unit related to disseminated pyrite and intrusive breccias. Based on surface exposures and known geology the mineralized system appears to be open to expansion in all directions”.
- Minaurum Gold Inc., released sampling results from the newly discovered Europa Sur Vein extension at its Alamo Silver project in Sonora. Significant results are 0.33 g/t Au, 1,205 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.4% Zn, and 3.2 % Cu; 0.8m of 479 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, 0.5% Zn, and 3.19% Cu, and 2m of 0.15 g/t Au, 179 g/t Ag, 1.9% Pb, 1.3% Zn, and 2.51% Cu. “With this newly discovered extension, the Europa-Guadalupe vein now measures 2.5 km in strike length and further expands the scope of Minaurum’s exploration program to find extensions of all other currently identified veins”.
- Harvest Gold Corporation, provided an update of the ongoing drilling program on its Cerro Cascaron Au-Ag project in Chihuahua. At Cascarita Silver target the drilling program is ongoing and currently focused on completing 600m in three holes. Once this target is drill tested, the crew will move to the Cascaron Vein Gold Field to drill three holes to test 900m of strike along the Serpiente Dorada and Julieta structures, and one hole to test beneath a high-grade Au-Ag surface samples across the Carabina vein.
- Santacruz Silver Mining Ltd., announced drilling results from its Veta Grande project in Zacatecas and expanded the high-grade footprint. Highlights results are in Hole NA 18-006 with 2.15m (TW 1.95m) of 0.17 g/t Au, 669 g/t Ag, and 0.12% Cu, including 0.9m (TW 0.82m) of 29 g/t Au, 1,220 g/t Ag, and 0.12% Cu;
- Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd., released Q3 2018 production results from its Mexican Operations. At Pinos Altos, Chihuahua, Agnico processed 508,000 tonnes of 2.96 g/t Au to produce 46.4K Oz Au. At Creston Mascota, Chihuahua, the company processed 309,000 tonnes of 0.84 g/t Au to produce 8K Oz Au. At La India, Sonora, Agnico processed 1,426,000 tonnes of 0.79 g/t Au to produce 27K Oz Au.
- Excellon Resources Inc., reported Q3 2018 production results from its La Platosa mine in Durango. In this period, Excellon milled 17,907 tonnes of 416 g/t Ag, 3.5% Pb, and 4.3% Zn to produce 171.2K Oz Ag, 0.8M Lb Pb, and 1M Lb Zn with metallurgical recoveries of 89.9%, 74.2%, and 78.2% respectively.
- Fresnillo plc., announced Q3 2018 production results from their Mexican operations. At Fresnillo mine, Zacatecas, the company processed 613,794 tonnes of 0.68% Au, 211 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.8% Zn to produce 10.5K Oz Au, 3.7M Oz Ag, 11M Lb Pb, and 18.1M Lb Zn. At Saucito mine, Zacatecas, 713,441 tonnes were processed at grades of 1.34 g/t Au, 250 g/t Ag, 0.9% Pb, and 1.6% Zn to produce 23.6K Oz Au, 4.9M Oz Ag, 12.9M Lb Pb, and 17.7M Lb Zn. At the Pyrites Plant, Fresnillo processed 63,336 tonnes of 2.9g /t Au and 423 g/t Ag to produce 1.4K Oz Au and 423K Oz Ag. At La Cienega mine, Durango, the company processed 332,493 tonnes of 1.79 g/t Au, 169 g/t Ag, 0.6% Pb, and 0.9% Zn to produce 18.2K Oz Au, 1.54M Oz Ag, 2.47M Lb Pb, and 4.2M Lb Zn. At San Julian mine, Chihuahua, 332,836 tonnes were processed from the vein system with grades of 1.84 g/t Au and 137 g/t Ag to produce 18.5K Oz Au and 1.35M Oz Ag while 561,808 tonnes were processed from San Julian JM disseminated ore body with grades of 0.11 g/t Au, 156 g/t Ag, 0.4% Pb, and 1.3% Zn to produce 9994 Oz Au, 2.3M Oz Ag, 2.8M Lb Pb, and 11.3M Lb Zn. At Herradura mine, Sonora, 5,859,579 tonnes were processed with grades of 0.76 g/t Au and 3 g/t Ag to produce 109.6 Oz Au and 492K Oz Ag. At Noche Buena mine, Sonora, Fresnillo processed 4,834,512 tonnes of 0.52 g/t Au to produce 42.5K Oz Au.
- GoGold Resources Inc., presented Q3 2018 production results from its Parral tailings operation in Chihuahua. GoGold produced 105.6K Oz Ag and 1,665 Oz Au.
- Goldcorp Inc., produced a total of 503K Oz Au during Q3 2018 from their mine operations. Goldcorp did not present separate production results by mines.
- Hecla Mining Company, produced in Q3 2018 over 3.7K Oz Au and 0.5M Oz Ag from its San Sebastian mine in Durango.
- New Gold Inc., reported Q3 2018 production results from its Cerro San Pedro operation in San Luis Potosi. New Gold produced 2K Oz Au and 0.1M Oz Ag from residual leaching.
- Consolidated Zinc Limited, closed its share purchase plan on October 22, 2018, raising a total of $1.3M. The company also proposed to conduct a placement to raise a further $220K (Plomosas mine, Chihuahua).
- Auxico Resources Canada Inc., announced that its common shares are already trading on the NEX Exchange Growth Market in London. (Zamora Mining District, Sinaloa).
- Mexican Gold Corp., notified its intention to complete a non-brokered private placement of up to $3M, the same that could be increased by up to 25% for aggregate gross proceeds of up to $3.75M. (Las Minas, Veracruz).
- Oroco Resource Corp., announced that it has increased its previous private placement to raise net gross proceeds of up to $750K (Santo Tomas, Sinaloa).
- Gold Resource Corporation, declared monthly dividend of 1/6 of a cent for common share to shareholders (El Aguila mine, Oaxaca).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Almaden Minerals Ltd., reported infill drilling results from its Ixtaca project in Puebla. The results are part of the PFS filed work program within the resource and mine plan area. Significant intersections are in Hole TU-18-543 with 127.40m of 1.15 g/t Au and 18 g/t Ag, including 34.50m of 2.08 g/t Au and 47 g/t Ag; Hole TU-18-544 with 145.50m of 1.83 g/t Au and 14 g/t Ag, including 40m of 4 g/t Au and 35 g/t Ag, including 5.10m of 11.6 g/t Au and 87 g/t Ag; Hole TU-18-548 with 139.08m of 1.58 g/t Au and 17 g/t Ag, including 60.58m of 2.75 g/t Au and 23 g/t Ag, including 28.50m of 4.33 g/t Au and 34 g/t Ag; and Hole TU-18-550 with 131.50m of 1.51 g/t Au and 49 g/t Ag, including 21m of 7.5 g/t Au and 57 g/t Ag, including 9.70m of 15.18 g/t Au and 104 g/t Ag, and including 11.50m of 1.07 g/t Au and 89 g/t Ag.
- Goldcorp Inc., presented reserves and resource estimates as of June 30, 2018 for its Peñasquito mine in Zacatecas. Proven reserves are 376.43 M tonnes of 0.58 g/t Au, 35 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.8% Zn for a total of 6.97M Oz Au, 418.3M Oz Ag, 2,804M Lb Pb, and 6,314M Lb Zn. Probable reserves are 143.99M tonnes of 0.46 g/t Au, 24 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total of 2.15M Oz Au, 109.3M Oz Ag, 809.6M Lb Pb, and 1,680.3M Lb Zn. Proven + Probable reserves are 520.41M tonnes of 0.55 g/t Au, 32 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.7% Zn for a total of 9.1M Oz Au, 527.6M Oz Ag, 3,613.2M Lb Pb, and 7,994.5M Lb Zn. Measured resources are 94.03M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 28 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.6% Zn for a total of 0.76M Oz Au, 85.6M Oz Ag, 579.6M Lb Pb, and 1,161.2M Lb Zn. Indicated resources are 104.77M tonnes of 0.24 g/t Au, 12 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total of 0.81M Oz Au, 76.7M Oz Ag, 610M Lb Pb, and 1,044.2M Lb Zn. Measured + Indicated resources are 198.8M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 25 g/t Ag, 0.3% Pb, and 0.5% Zn for a total content of 1.57M Oz Au, 162.3M Oz Ag, 1,189.6M Lb Pb, and 2,205.4M Lb Zn. In addition, inferred resources are 14.88m tonnes of 0.3 g/t Au, 13 g/t Ag, 0.2% Pb, and 0.6% Zn for a total of 0.14M Oz Au, 6.4M Oz Ag, 54.1M Lb Pb, and 206.6M Lb Zn (Mineral resources are exclusive of mineral reserves).
- Mexican Gold Corp., announced plans to update mineral resources for its Las Minas project in Veracruz. It also announced plans to conduct 3,000m of drilling to update and expand its open pit modeled mineral resource at the El Dorado/Juan Bran and Santa Cruz zones.
- Premier Gold Mines Limited, commenced an underground drilling program at its Marianas/Mercedes mine in Sonora, where previous drill results suggest to have the potential to contain economic mineralization of higher than the current reserve grades. The goal is to convert the Marianas mineral resources to mineral reserves. If the results are positive, mining at Marianas could begin in H2 2019.
- Pan American Silver Corp, discovered wide mineralized zones in limestone replacement mantos and thick intercepts of skarn below the current production levels at its la Colorada mine in Zacatecas. Drill highlights are in Hole U-39-18 with 223m of 69 g/t Ag, 1.9%Pb, and 3.4% Zn, including 32m of 227 g/t Ag; Hole U-30-18 with 71.6m of 54 g/t Ag, 2% Pb, and 5% Zn; Hole U-28-18 with 60.3m of 76 g/t Ag, 4.3% Pb, and 3.7% Zn; Hole U-32-18 with 46.3m of 54 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 4.4% Zn; Hole U-26-18 with 42.6m of 42 g/t Ag, 2.8% Pb, and 7% Zn, and other interval of 42m of 52 g/t Ag, 1.8% Pb, and 3.9% Zn; and Hole U-29-18 with 7.4m of 80 g/t Ag, 5.3% Pb, and 13.6% Zn, and other interval of 23.4m of 54 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 8.2% Zn. “These are extraordinary exploration results for our La Colorada mine, indicating the potential to substantially expand mineral resources, mine life and ultimately production capacity,”
- Torex Gold Resources Inc., reported infill drilling results for its Media Luna project in Guerrero. Highlights intercepts include Hole ML 18-222A with 39.15m of 5.24 g/t Au, 93 g/t Ag, and 2.27% Cu (10.54 g/t Au Eq); Hole ML 18-215 with 49.63m of 4.8 g/t Au, 36 g/t Ag, and 0.97% Cu (7.0 g/t Au Eq); Hole ML 18-219W with 45.9m of 3.44 g/t Au, 59 g/t Ag, and 1.64% Cu (7.1 g/t Au Eq); and Hole ML 18-208W with 22.62m of 3.33 g/t Au, 87 g/t Ag, and 2.12% Cu (8.27 g/t Au Eq) (Intersections are reported as true thickness).
- Azure Minerals Limited, released drill results from its Oposura project in Sonora. Significant intersections in the middle of the Central Zone are in Hole OPDH-173 with 12.05m of 23 g/t Ag, 1.7% Pb and 6% Zn, including 4.1m of 43 g/t Ag, 2% Pb and 10.5% Zn; and Hole OPDH-178 with 9.50m of 22 g/t Ag, 3.7% Pb, and 15.1 % Zn, including 6.15m of 31 g/t Ag, 4.7% Pb, and 22% Zn. Significant intersections in the East Zone into the Central Zone are in Hole OPDH-159 with 5m of 14 g/t Ag, 4% Pb, and 5.2% Zn and 6.15m of 97 g/t Ag, 2.3% Pb, and 13.4% Zn; Hole OPDH-171 with 4.4m of 294 g/t Ag, 5.6% Pb, and 14.8% Zn, including 3.6m of 353 g/t Ag, 6.6% Pb, and 17.7% Zn; and Hole OPDH-177 with 4.55m of 138 g/t Ag, 6.1% Pb, and 30.8% Zn, including 3.4m of 177 g/t Ag, 8% Pb, and 40.1% Zn. “These latest, high-grade, massive sulphide drill intersections from the sparsely drilled Central Zone confirm that this area has the potential to significantly increase Oposura’s resource base”. “They continue to build on the very positive results from the Oposura Scoping Study and confirm potential to extend the mine life and further improve the already impressive project economics.”
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Canasil Resources Inc., signed a letter of intent providing for Pan American Silver to acquire Canasil´s interest in the Sandra-Escobar project in Durango. The non-binding LOI is to enter in a definitive agreement for a payment of CAD $2.0M and 2% NSR. The NSR royalty can be reduced by Pan American Silver to 1% at any time by paying CAD $4.0M.
- Prize Mining Corporation, retained Link Media to provide communications and market awareness services (Manto Negro, Coahuila).
- Metalla Royalty & Streaming Ltd., announced that it is proceeding to close the acquisition of the 2% NSR on the Santa Gertrudis project in Sonora from GoGold Resources Inc.
- New Gold Inc., announced management changes (Cerro San Pedro, San Luis Potosi).
- Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc., filed an action before the Superior Section of the Mexican Federal Administrative Court due to the SEMARNAT´s recent refusal to issue the environmental permit for its San Diego phosphate project in Baja California Sur.
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, stibiconite-cervantite crystals in an epithermal system in Durango, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.