By Miguel A Heredia
During the 27th week of the year (July 2nd to July 8th, 2018), at least 16 press releases were announced by companies working in Mexico, with five informing on exploration results, four communicating deals and corporate issues, four announcing financing rounds, and two reporting on resources and development. ON MEXICO ISSUES, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won the election for President with 53.5% of the vote. ON EXPLORATION, In Baja California, One World Lithium announced exploration results from its Salar del Diablo project. In Sinaloa, Goldplay provided an exploration program update of their El Rosario, San Marcial, and El Habal properties. In Chihuahua, Sable resources reported exploration results from its Margarita project and Silver Spruce filed a drill permit for its Pino de Plata project. In Zacatecas-Durango, Canasil reported drilling results from its La Esperanza project. ON MINING, no relevant information. ON FINANCING, Alio Gold reported the restructuration of its existing debt. Bacanora Lithium announced a US$ 150M debt funding and Prize Mining a private placement for $ 4M. Maverix acquired a royalty portfolio from Newmont. ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT, Azure released initial mineral resource estimate for its Oposura project in Sonora. Sierra Metals filed a NI 43-101 Technical Report on its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES, Mexus and MarMar holdings announced the termination of its JV agreement. Aztec Mining announced results of its annual general meeting. Golden Reign and Marlin Gold entered into further mutual extension to combine business.
ON MEXICO ISSUES
- Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador was elected President of Mexico with 53.5% of the vote.
- One World Lithium Inc., reported geochemical results from its Salar del Diablo project in Baja California. The average lithium value was calculated as 83.65 ppm with the median being 75.75 ppm. Sodium values as high as 3% and potassium as high as 1.9% confirm the distribution of anomalous lithium values. The company is expecting in this month a geophysical report that along with the geochemical results will be used to plan 4,000m of drilling to test coincidental targets.
- Goldplay Exploration Ltd., provided an update of its exploration program at their El Habal and San Marcial properties in Sinaloa. At the target A, within El Habal property, the company identified a highly anomalous gold mineralized zone covering a 1 square km area that remains open along strike and down dip. Based on the geological mapping, underground and trenching sampling and a CSMAT / Mag surveys, Goldplay initiated a 2-phase diamond drilling program at Zone A. The phase 1 drilling program includes 2,000m of drilling and is expected to be completed by mid-July. Once all the results are received and interpreted, the company will initiate the second phase. At San Marcial, the company completed a detail LIDAR topography survey on the property. It also is reviewing 52 drill holes and is currently sampling and re-sampling the core. Additionally, Goldplay received approval from the Ejido to commence a surface exploration program and is planning to initiate a drilling program in new target areas.
- Sable Resources Ltd., identified two new epithermal veins at its Margarita project in Chihuahua. The Juliana vein crops out for over 650m along strike and seems to merge with the Margarita structure. Previous sampling on this structure returned 405 g/t Ag. The Marie vein crops out for over 650m along strike of which 400m are within Sable´s mining concession
- Silver Spruce Resources inc., filed the Informe Preventivo at SEMARNAT to obtain the permits for up to 30 drill sites for its Pino de Plata project in Chihuahua.
- Canasil Resources Inc., announced drilling results from its La Esperanza project in Zacatecas-Durango. A drill hole to intercept La Esperanza vein has been completed to a downhole depth of 347m, returning a vein intercept over a core length of 14m (12.15m true width) displaying banded quartz textures with disseminated sulphides. Assays results are pending.
No relevant news.
- Alio Gold Inc., reported that it has restructured its existing debt, which was scheduled to be repaid in December 2018. Its debt of $ 15M will be repaid in twelve quarterly payments of $ 1.25M with accrued interests, ending in June 2021 (San Francisco mine, Sonora).
- Bacanora Lithium plc., announced a US$ 150M debt funding secured for the development of its Sonora lithium project.
- Prize Mining Corp., announced a private placement for $ 4M. Net proceeds will be used on its manto Negro project in Coahuila.
- Maverix Metals Inc., completed the acquisition of 50 royalties from Newmont. To complete the transaction, Maverix issued to Newmont 60M of common shares, 10M of common shares warrants and made a cash payment of $US 17M (La Colorada mine, Zacatecas).
ON RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT
- Azure Minerals Limited, released the initial mineral resource estimate as at June 2018 for its Oposura project in Sonora. Total indicated mineral resources are 2.1M tonnes of 17.2 g/t Ag, 2.9% Pb and 5.3% Zn for a total of 1.2M Oz Ag, 135.7 M Lb Pb and 247.5M Lb Zn. Total inferred mineral resources are 0.8M tonnes of 16.5 g/t Ag, 2.5% Pb, and 4.3% Zn for a total of 0.4M Oz Ag, 47.3M Lb Pb, and 80.6M Lb Zn. The company also announced that mineral resource remains open for extensions with further drilling planned for 2018. A PEA is in progress, including an open pit and underground stope design studies, and is expected to complete it by September 2018.
- Sierra Metals Inc., filed a NI 43-101 Technical Report on resources and reserves for its Bolivar mine in Chihuahua. Total probable reserves are 7.9M tonnes of 0.25 g/t Au, 19 g/t Ag, and 0.86% Cu. Total indicated resources are 13.3 M tonnes of 0.29 g/t Au, 22 g/t Ag, and 1.04% Cu, while total inferred resources are 8M tonnes of 0.42 g/t Au, 22 g/ Ag and 0.96% Cu.
ON DEALS AND CORPORATE ISSUES
- Mexus Gold US and MarMar Holdings S.A. de C.V., announced the termination of its JV agreement. It has been certified by both Sonora and Coahuila´s attesting officials (Santa Elena mine, Caborca, Sonora).
Content like what you have just read can be seen at https://gambusinoprospector.com/ and at LinkedIn’s Mexico Mineral Exploration Group.
On the picture above, potassic alteration in a porphyry copper system in Jalisco, Mexico. Photo by Miguel A Heredia.